R-77s are horrid and the R-77-1 is needed

What is your source for this?

From what I understand, R77 should have less drag at higher speeds, and more drag at transsonic. I don’t see it modelled differently at mach 1 and mach 2 in the files anywhere. I’ve also heard they did the time-to-target range tests with the old lofting, which they then removed, but never compensated the missiles drag for this

I didn’t say anything about seekers?

4 Likes

Google Study reporr of Grid fins.

And it near to same in wt.

Loft works bad in wt

And it still present on R-77

SmartSelect_20240709_193812_Chrome

You are.

That’s not a source

? AIM120 and R77 has the same loft

I’m talking about radars, on the actual jets - not the missiles.

1 Like

This should be the case for lattice fins unless they drag something miraculous out of the filing cabinet. From memory, lattice fins are pretty much on par with planar at low speed, rubbish at transonic, and if you get the speed high enough they start to become better.

That aside, why should Russia get something better over an accurately modeled missile whilst France doesn’t have an even vaguely correctly modeled missile?

6 Likes

Your argument is invalid. If you have to insult people to try and force a point then you are just wrong. I didnt even finish reading what ever you were trying to say. Its sad that people cant have a conversation with out their ego getting hurt and having to result in personal attacks.

3 Likes

Research not a souce, ofc.

Aim-120 have some bigger value
But best loft is derby.

Guy before sayed about missile - you about plane radar.

Can make any claim you want and pretend you researched it. Generally linking to your sources is the main way to be believed :p

Or having the confidence not to whine about it.

2 Likes

Shouldnt the fins also have less drag at higher altitude due to density altitude , so it would mean that they would have to try and get into a fight at higher altitudes? so kinda play it like the Aim-54 but higher?

Not every research posted by NASA and etc.

Yeah go ahead R-77-1 but also AIM-120 C-5 since it on the same league

2 Likes

From memory, lattice relies primarily on speed for the benefits. A higher mach number improving the performance.

Then you should have no trouble linking us to it.

Yes, but if missile turns - it will lose speed, and get worser

You mean like every other missile introduces drag in maneuvers? Shocking.

Planar and lattice are, unless you have documentation contrary to what I have read, comparable at subsonic in performance, quite notably different with planar having the benefit at transonic, and lattice becoming more effective at higher mach numbers compared.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.nas.nasa.gov/publications/software/docs/cart3d/pages/publications/aiaa11_3666_final_1.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiJqtHopJqHAxV-IxAIHSyBCN0QFnoECBIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw20ETnCESEksjMSuXwk3zhc

Sadly now i cant use NASA website(temporarily)

Yes, but R-77 it matter more, because of fins

Yea not even sure why you tagged me, i wont read anything you post as you are wrong. If you cant have a conversation with out insulting people then there is no need to ready anything you post.

How stupid are you? I am referring specifically to the fins.

Except i am not wrong and you are. But sure.

1 Like

I sent link above.