R-77s are horrid and the R-77-1 is needed

Wow, 10 meters higher than I thought. Use 60m multipathing and don’t fly over trees. It’s not difficult.

1 Like

Good luck doing that over maps that are 80% forests.

1 Like

Yoy can just dont play them.

You trolling now for 15 hours or so straight, go touch some grass.

1 Like

Im already touched today

You’re always talking nonsense everywhere

R-27ER, large calibre flares, Autowin in head on R-73.

All you have to do against AMRAAM is change direction two times.

Autowin in head on R-73

Delusional, you act like NATO vehicles don’t usually have 200+ countermeasures so tapping flares once or twice before merging won’t kill you (mentally and quite literally).

The AIM-9M is more dangerous in a close in head-on in my opinion anyways, one can actually go for flares and the other attempts to filter it out (not to mention the AAM-3).

4 Likes

R-73M has been improved in several aspects…

I’m talking about in-game, we don’t have the R-73M in-game do we?

2 Likes

snail launch soon or in the future

Didn’t do any extensive testings on the missiles but all of this imho seems to be the AiM-120A over performing or all other missiles underperforming instead of R-77 being just bad.
The reason I say this is that looking at “sensor view” the AiM-120A right now isn’t too far off from the R-27ER in terms of pure long range kinematic performance, despite the latter missiles having a far higher maximum speed when motors stop burning and also being heavier (which means it will get slowed down by drag a lot less compared to a lighter missile).

There’s also the big gap in terms of radar and flight performance (or at least in flight performance when talking about the SMT since the ZhukM is quite good), which dramatically influences how missiles (especially those without powerful initial motor boosters like aim120 to R-77s) performs. I can consistently get at over 10km altitude and mach 1.3 speed with the F-16C, I struggle to get to 8.5km and Mach 1.1 with the SMT.

1 Like

Not sure that amraam overperforming, it might still underperform from dev, also lacks in smokeless

F-15C radar modes very limited, in comparsion for irl
Lacks of HPFR TWS, NCTR, range.

And bruh - soviet radars still not worsest, but must be worser, because od limitations of radar, like a rolling on Su-27, gets own rwr false spiked and etc

1 Like

All you have to do to defeat this is flare 1 (one) time.

1 Like

The reason Russian radars/planes are bad is because gaijin choose to introduce the Su-27sm and MiG-29SMT, which while being more modern are essentially old airframes with some of the components/avionics that were made for the Su-27M and MiG-29M, which were both from the early 90s and would have been for the USSR what the F-15C and F-16C have been for the US Air Force.

The rocket passed the Vimpel State Design Bureau creation cycle in 1982 — 1989.

It was adopted in February 1994.

https://vympelmkb.com/exhibitions/ao-gos-mkb-vympel-im-i-i-toropova-na-mezhdunarodnom-voenno-tekhnicheskom-forume-armiya-2019/

The RVV-SD guided missile (“Medium-range air-to-air Missile”) or “Product 170-1” was developed by the Tactical Missile Armament Corporation (KTRV), namely the I.I. Toropov State Design Bureau Vimpel, which is part of it. The new missile represents a further development of the R-77 (RVV-AE) product and is designed to destroy air targets of various types at any time of the day and from any angle, including against the background of the surface. The project implements the principle of “launched-forgotten”, which facilitates the combat work of a fighter pilot. Existing and promising domestic fighters should become carriers of the RVV-SD missile.

The development of the Product 170-1 project started in 2003 on the instructions of the Ministry of Defense. By the end of 2005, the Vimpel State Design Bureau completed the main design work and produced prototypes of missiles designed for the first test launches. In 2006, it was planned to start state joint tests, but this stage of the project was delayed for several years

1 Like

So my confirmations are that:

R77 is the slowest accelerating SARH missile. (Shoot first, hit last)
Has the worst inital turn
The Largest Minimum Range
The Worst No Escape Zone
The worst seeker and will lose lock to general chaff on non notching targets

The R-Darter/Derby is also an equally terrible medium range missile, buit at least it can hit targets closer than 10km reliably.

1 Like

Oh no when russian missile isn’t the best of the best as usual…

3 Likes

AAM-4 is less capable than R-77 so let’s add AAM-4B, this is what you are talking about.

Russia is still very competetive with the R27ER.
That missile is 10x more deadly than it used to be, but now it at least had downsides of the shooter having to deal wtih threats to force them to turn cold.