R-77s are horrid and the R-77-1 is needed

Nobody asked because amount of players that playing france way less, than Cinch+SU

Su-34 (T10b) R27ER… 2012…

In syria also was a lot of R-27ER usage

We are still talking about the country that produced these missiles (r77, r77-1) and a country that has never produced anything like this. Someone even now flies Mig-21, 23, as on the main ones. So-so comparison.

After playing with the R-77 for a bit. I see nothing wrong with the missile. It works great. The platform I was using was the Mig 29SMT. The biggest drawback I had was the ACM mode is only half the range of western planes I have flown. This forced me to operate my radar a little more, and it cost me precious seconds that I needed in some engagements. Being able to acquire and fire multiple missiles quickly with ACM mode gives the western jets an edge right now. You can do the same thing in the Mig, but you need to be a lot closer. When I am close enough to start taking advantage of the ACM mode in the Mig is generally when I would be pulling off to go defensive in a western jet. I hope future eastern design improves on the radar sets. Giving this jet the R-77-1 will not overcome these shortcomings, so I do not think it is needed.

Spoiler

When I started flying this plane earlier today it was completely stock.

3 Likes

And which country didnt produce like that, syria?

What are you on about?

Those missiles were produced by different countries.
R77 → Ukraine
R77-1 → Russia

That’s why russia never adopted the R77 after the fall of the soviet union.

So there is no one country that produced both.

1 Like

people complaining about the r27er are being dishonest R27ER didn’t stop people from playing the game you were still able to go on the offensive with multipathing in contrast to the aim-120 where you are always defending if you dont have one because of the range difference . nato aircraft still had many things going for it like the f-15a was at 12.3 being able to dominate 3rd gens gripen being unkillable with 1000 flares and the best flight model and f-16c was and still is competive.

Russia only advantage was the r-27er now in this patch Russia only has a bunch of downsides without any positives

4 Likes

And how AIM-120/AAM-4/etc stops you?)

Yes, just a some missiles got drawn, like a R-77

Well Russian military never adopted missile but they producing it for export

The MiG-29SMT radar is still not configured properly

2 Likes

The R77 or the R77-1?

AFAIK, they never produced the R77. That was produced in a ukrainian factory not a russian one.
Yes it started during the soviet era, but.still it was ukrainian.

Well India buys R-77(RVV-AE) from Russia so maybe they producing it.

If you genuinely think that the Mica and R-77 have the same amount of maneuverability you are delusional. The R-77 will almost never pull harder than 35-40Gs and even then its booster is off and it has zero energy. Then you have the Mica with TVC which can be fired HOBS and pulls off the rails and has a motor that can allow it to hit targets in full 180s. If you are complaining about the mica then it’s a genuine skill issue.

2 Likes

I’m afraid to imagine what happened to the opponents of the Su-27 when there was no Fox-3.

They simply used 100m multipathing to evade it? It was not hard

6 Likes

It’s brilliant. Make a missile with folding fins to fit into the compartment of advanced fighters, and then abandon it because it doesn’t fit into the compartment of an advanced fighter. There are two options here: either all the competent Russian engineers went to work for Boeing in the '90s, or you’re talking nonsense again without any proof.

Then what’s the problem anyway? The Reds now need to use 50m multipathing (I’m not sure if the number is exact). It’s not difficult.

Yes it is, the trees in this game are grossly oversized and don’t count as the ground for multipathing purposes (but obviously do count for the collision) so the current 60 (not 50) m multipathing cutoff might as well be 0 meters any time you’re flying over anything that isn’t a desert or a sea (so 90% of the time). 100 m was just barely enough to make it reliable over forests, which is why the 27ER was basically a non-issue, like all SARHs.

3 Likes

There still wqs chances to hit, if attack from high altitude.

And theres better maps, like sinai. But sad that they removed fog from low alt