R-77s are horrid and the R-77-1 is needed

Nice bait.

So when R-73 is totally dominating in close combat and only way to balance it - add Aim-9X, you guys start crying that it will be OP.
But when you need an OP missile you wont shy to ask it.

Issue I’ve come across is the issue of the implementation of lattice fins. Irl they have more drag than normal fins up until the go Mach 1.5-1.8, after this they produce less drag. Gaijin has stated previously that they would not be modeling variable drag for these missiles. The easy solution for the time being would be to significantly reduce lag as missiles spend most of their time going above the drag threshold anyway. Instead gaijin decided to model the fins with high drag essentially bricking the missile. The easiest fix is to simply reduce drag to even the aim-120a and r-77. Save the r-77-1 and aim-120c for the next major update or the one after. Dealing with and balancing current fox 3’s is already bad enough.

1 Like

There is
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/FTINp3ILB1Ls
And bumch of others

Su-27SM2 & Su-27SM3 enable R-77-1

That makes no sense. Unless you only play in small Spain, City and small Afghanistan, you can climb and go above mach 1 at altitude with the ICE just like any other plane. Yes you’re not climbing as fast as a F16 or F15, but you still massively outrange everything that isn’t US. If I can manage 30km launch with Aim7 in 12.3 matchmaking with the EJ Kai, you can do the same thing with the ICE.

The effective launch range of the R77 is below 15km, and the MICA is below 10km. You still have a massive advantage in that regard. It’s not like either of them know you are in a F4 either since the ICE has the RWR signature of a F18.

1 Like

Jesus Christ you guys are absolutely hilarious. You have no fucking idea what the 9X can do if you think that. The 9M is already a better missile than the R73 in most cases.

Sure, add 9X. Then add IRIS-T and MICA-IR too. Don’t complain when the MICA will be murdering you as it’s basically impossible to flare, able to fire behind the plane, and with the same range as the MICA-EM. Oh and if they fix the MICA-EM it should double if not triple its range too.

4 Likes

If we add AIM-9X then US will cry again cause IRIS-T,MICA-IR,ASRAAM,Python 5 will be better than it by miles.

7 Likes

MICA is better than R-77,its like 30km launches where they hit reliably for me. But thats already pushing it.

Range - worser
Seeker maybe better

On every range, except <3 nm you dont really need IR missiles

Just compare seeker characteristics of R-77 and AIM-120A/B.
Data is here Guided weaponry data (in-game values) Honorable mention for Jaek_ for making amazing videos on missile on YouTube If you want to reach enlightment, then you have to spade the Italian heli line, no talisman/ premium/ boosters - Google Spreadsheets

1 Like

You cant understand, they are different by 50% less chaff resistance!1!1

I never managed to hit anything past 20km with the MICA. Might be because of my targets actively dodging it, but I completely gave up trying to launch at anything but close range. The M2000 airframe is good enough to get close and personal to take full advantage of the agility of the MICA anyway.

SA in wt just kinda op, enemy sees missile on radar and turning away
Btw, dies from fox-3 in game is skillest issue

Mate you really should not talk about skill issue.

And once again, the problem isn’t dying from the 120, it’s its oppressive range that forces anything that fights it to go on the defensive.

Do I really need to explain you why having a F15 constantly in your six is a problem on airframes that also sucks at dogfighting ?

R-77-1 would level the playing field a bit. US don’t need the 120C, soviets needs the 77-1, France and UK needs their missiles fixed.

Any fox-3 forces you go to defense
Even some of fox1(R-27ER) forces you do defendse.
And if you die in bvr with wt radar(able to detect missiles far) - real issues with skill

And which of them sucks in dogfight?

Trouble in players might be.
Some pll used them, and saying thats missile is fine.
But that’s about 77

About derby(darter) i seen positive review, but in close(10km) range.

Mica - TVC in wt, nothing will help

Btw, france have F-16AM with 120

Hi.

You made a copy paste troll post from this topic about a missile that is very different from anything currently in game and generations ahead of where we are currently.

It’s nothing to do with Bias.

5 Likes

All the soviets airframes.

Try not only in 2 circles. Lol

Try playing them yourself please before writing this kind of dumb stuff. The US planes completely dumpster the Soviets at close range.

4 Likes

In 2 circles yes, better
But in 1 circle MiG-29/Su-27 have decent chances