Question How would Germany get a F-16 Fighting Falcon?

Hello, I am curious if Germany would get a Danish operated F-16AM or a Argentina F-16AM?

Realistically it wouldn’t get an F-16, Argentina still has not yet received their F-16 from Denmark. The more realistic option is Swiss F-18

11 Likes

IIRC from what Smin stated:
Germany doesn’t have an Argentina subtree, or afaik a Denmark subtree, so there’s a possibility neither would have a subtree for Germany.

Although I don’t know much about Denmark, Argentina has practically zero ties to Germany regarding aviation, and seemingly other countries have stronger ties with Argentina (Such as Israel) than Germany does regarding both air and ground forces…

I would also like to add, that the Argentina “TAM” vehicles were added to Germany before Israel became an Independent Tech Tree, and given their history in upgrading/modernizing the TAMs, Israel likely would have received the TAMs in their Tech Tree instead of Germany. Germany just so happened to be the best pick at the time, and in need of some light tanks, same situation with the Swiss Hunter it seems.

Argentina is still up in the air for the moment, and it’s kinda unlikely it will go to Germany (but not impossible).

1 Like

After the addition of the CV9035DK, it looks like Gaijin intends to make Sweden into some sort of “Nordic tech tree”, so if Danish air ever gets added there’s a good chance it’ll go to Sweden. No one knows what will happen with Argentina. Hell, they might even split their aircraft up by country of origin, which would mean the Argentine F-16 (when they receive them) would go to the US, like the Iranian F-14.

They won’t. Maybe a Swiss F-18, but beyond that, they may just have to wait for the Typhoon (I guess Decemeber)

Yeah plus Gzabi has said that firstly Argentina no, and secondly another tree is planned for Germany, Switzerland makes the most sense giving them the Swiss F-18 for A2A (they will have to cope and use Tornado for A2G)

1 Like

Probably get the Canadian F-188 it makes sense with the 2A4M and no doubt the 2A6M being added at some point in the future.

I dont like that idea, but it could happen.

I don’t think the CF-188 makes any sense for Germany to be honest, Germany got the Canadian Leopards because the Leopard is a German tank, just like how the US got the Australian AIM.

CF-188 is a Canadian modification of the F-18 making it either American or Canadian depending on who you ask and therefore its most likely to go to the US or UK tree (UK would definitely benefit but I can see something Indian or ZA added instead).

Whereas Swiss F-18 is in line with the Swiss Hunter, which via the prior examples should have gone to the UK, unless Switzerland becomes a sub-tree, in which case there is the Swiss F-18.

1 Like

Swiss hunter should never have been in the German tree.
Swiss F/A-18 makes less sense than the Hunter (Hunter had some German avionics)

It’s not about sense its about what a nation needs and the easiest way to do so.
If Germany and the US received the F/A-18 no one would complain (well some might)
I dont think you can give Britain an F/A-18, Su 30MKII, Gripen and a Typhoon.

I agree unless its being used as a sub-tree which is my whole point, Gzabi has confirmed there is a sub-tree which is not argentina planned for germany.
Switzerland is the next most logical choice. which as you said is what Germany needs and this is the easiest way to do so.

Unless its for a sub-tree.

Tree’s wouldn’t exist with that point of view. Swiss F-18 fills this gap, germany has no other gaps in their tree superprops is the only other gap and only the allied main trees have superprops.

Someone always complains you’re right, but if Germany got a swiss f-18 through a swiss sub-tree then that would make sense, as most people think Germany should get switzerland as austrian f-5’s wouldn’t fill this gap.

Italy has a Mig-29, Tornado, F-16’s, Gripen, will get Gripen E and will also have the Typhoon.

I don’t see why the UK can’t get Gripen, SU-30MKI, CF-188 and Typhoon.

4 Likes

Germany have the TA-152H thats a super prop as is arguably the 190D series (based on defined what is a super prop)

Not always the case you dont need a full sub tree to sprinkle in vehicles Britain has one SA airframe the Gripen, there are no plans to add Mirage 3 or Cheetahs to British air tree. The Gripen served the purpose of giving Britain a Gen 4 airframe. The same could be achieved by adding the F/A-18 to Germany.

Italy’s acquisition of Romania and Hungary has made the Italian tech tree wild!
Maybe Britain could have all these things there would definitely be push back with the SU-30MKII

Really?? Germans would get a sub-TT, so interesting.

Some guess legacy Hornet (F/A-18C) from swiss would be for germany

Let’s say gajin official denied argentina for germany, I don’t know argentina john to latin american tech tree or isreal

1 Like

Yes but maybe not a full tree, more like SAAF in the UK, Gzabi said ‘another nation is planned for Germany’ after saying it wasn’t Argentina.

As far as I’m concerned it’s pretty much guaranteed to be Switzerland.

If the Swiss F-18C will be added, the I guess GJ will add the launch version. Today the Swiss Hornet has the modified avionics and cockpit from the super hornet.

What makes me thinking, what will GJ do with a Swiss tree under Germany with all the french stuff we had!?

The F-16C/D could be added to germany as Switzerland did evaluate it during the trials with the F-18C/D Hornet. GJ already added Swiss trial aircrafts, like the Milan.

Maybe a Premium Swiss F-16C/D Block 50

I agree I think it will be the Swiss Legacy Hornet.

Germany the only nation you need a widescreen monitor to see their whole techtree ha ha

2 Likes

The monitor 1080p said there was no plan to show a 6-lines TT recently, I wonder how it would be, by adjusting all vehicles in the old one??

If the Swiss would be introduced into the Germans, then goes next is Canada in U.S. and Ukraine in Russia, I suppose.

However, Swiss F18s in suggestions topics have not been passed yet.

The F-16s had never serviced in Switzerland.