PVE Lobbies in SIM EC

I know this issue. Isn’t it considered unfair play? Those guys will get reported and banned.
I think we are talking about the really silent PvE rooms, not those ones with TK/spot friendly/rage chat issues.

Thing is, they all combine, and you wouldn’t question the motive at all.

There’s no problem of those lobbies now. I know that during the event the lobbies are monitored and many players who asked PvE got a chat ban. Those who TK may get more severe ban.

Now what’s your problem with silent PvE? You want to penalize one who only do bombing in sim?

That’s not the case to be honest… Otherwise Air RB would also be monitored for the TKers at the start. You have someone you know who is in the moderation team, who you’ve played along side.

That’s also happening via the reports that are being submitted.

Making out that I said something I didn’t is bad faith, and minimizing the issue to just bombing in sim, is disingenuous…

While you’ve come at me because you see the need to mention the GMs saying that playing PvE isn’t an issue, playing passively is an entirely different kettle of fish, and sitting about ignoring that sort of play, and benefitting from it, is absolutely unfair to those of us who actually grind, not just join a mode that people aren’t actively trying to find each other, or engage each other in.

You can play out ignorance on the players part as to why they don’t engage, or just blind luck that no-one seen each other, but it’s clear, if someone was actually actively monitoring sessions, they’d be finding a lot more offending, than what you deem to be rulebreaking.

Hence why I’d almost guess that you are one of those who would sit in a low player sim lobby, taking advantage of there being nothing getting you.

Every ban should be according to the reports, except for some TK which has auto ban

To be honest I grinded the event in RB with bombers. (It’s just a bit slower than in sim)

You should find something in TOS that say this kind of passive PvE is prohibited (For “passive play”, Game Masters have confirmed this is for those who afk on airfield or other really AFK things), instead of saying this is “unfair” to those who “PvP” so this should be deal with. Do you consider me bombing in IL-28 and then headon and die an “unfair” way of grinding? Now if those PvE lobbies neither against the TOS nor contain TK/… issues, they are a legit way of grinding (ofc also legit for the event)

In addition… PvE lobbies isn’t an “unfair” problem to those really good at PvP at all. (Not mentioning the TK/… bad things) I’ve heard some guy hunting the bombers in SIM completing the event challenge even faster than those bombers in sim.

Yep, it can be. 600 score per kill (so 1800 after the SB multiplier is applied.) In a busy lobby with a lot of PvE bots. I was easily getting 3-4 kills per sortie (10-15 minutes) Thats about 6000 to 7000 score in about 10-15 minutes. Its possible to get even more kills than that in less time in a really busy lobby.

Bombing was more like 1000-1500 score per sortie (so 3000 to 4500 score with mutliplier) in a similar amount of time

(nothing stopping you from dropping bombs onto a base at the same time in something like a Phantom and double dipping the score gained)

Ahh, yes, that screenshot was not for that, not a report, just saying why people are asking for PvE, and that if gaijin adds a PvE mode, but you grind less than in PvPvE lobbies, people will still come to PvPvE lobies to do PvE

And yes, zomber hunting was faster than zombiing because they partially fixed the “rocket on airfields” exploit

1 Like

I also found that the score you get from just dropping bombs was also a bit lower. At least it felt like it between grinding the Mirage 2k event and the Jaguar IS event a few months later. It felt like I was getting about 30% less socre per sortie in the Buc S2.

(also felt like the PvP kill score was a bit higher as well, but wasnt really paying that closely to that back then, but that is how it should be)

Exactly. Most players simply choose the fast way to do the event. (For me bombing in IL28 in RB grants about 10k score every 30min after multiplier, maybe even more in F84F or saab105)

As the ways to grind are allowed in TOS, should none of them be considered “unfair” or even “wrong”.

Also the way of doing one action, leaving the lobbie, joining, leaving, etc … and each time you rejoin, your points are doubled ? Where is the threshold for what’s an exploit ?

1 Like

leaving lobby (for example when PvPers join) itself isn’t prohibited.

If the score will get doubled when rejoined… As we know about gaijin, exploiting bugs like this will always get them punished, no need to worry about this

How sure are you that they do though? If you ignore it and don’t raise the concern it gets overlooked and ignored.

Thats on Gaijin to fix a bug. People exploiting it should be punished but there should be a fairly high threshold for what is considered exploiting as leaving a lobby and getting banned for it without having any idea why would be rather unfair.

Its not really anything the community can report players doing easily and so its entirely on Gaijin to fix. If they dont care that people are exploiting a bug then thats on gaijin. Yes its unfair for everyone else, but in this, only really Gaijin suffers the potential loss of GE people spend to skip the event instead of grinding it.

So, so long as Gaijin has been made aware via something like a bug report. Then its in their hands.

Without reporting it, and not just reporting it, but taking it to the higher GMs and CMs to report it, nothing would happen…

IMO something not expected from the game mechanics may be considered exploit. By the TOS, exploits will finally lead to a ban. Hence even playing in some “bad” way, like AF camping/space climbing/zombing, are all not exploit.

and for some things players hate, like the zombers. They are technically being punished in the form of high repair costs.

Though actual use of bots is against the ToS but its hard to tell the difference between a player and a bot in an actual lobby. Usually I just report those with insanely high scores and leave it to the GMs

It actually isn’t.

What isn’t?

Any bots are of course prohibited by TOS.

For identifying bots from players, it’s actually easy for the server, although hard for players/spectators