Proposal to Improve Germany's Air Tech Tree with Austrian/Swiss Subtree

First of, that’s bad logic (following your train of thought, UK shouldn’t have received sub-Indian & SA TTs because their ties to Canada are more potent that to those two…). Second of all, it just reduced the number of possibilites. Hungary’s taken? Look in other directions (Switzerland, Argentina, Spain, Netherlands etc etc).

switzerland is probably of the taple as an independent tree either way if benelux didn’t make it I doubt a swiss tree would.

yeah there is no more left. All other possibilities were either rejected or got implemented in other nations. It’s not that we want all these nations but one to close the gaps.

Switzerland wasn’t declined and thus is right now in the talks. (Austria is unlikely because they would need to remove the 2 vehicles ingame already and they have no real option for the ICE-EF gap)

Test vehicles would be possible but they are simply a terrible decision and should be removed if possible from the trees which already got them (mostly sweden). Sweden mains already cry for the leclerc and abrams from their test aswell. One even tried to claim the fokker g1 because sweden ordered them (but never delieverd)

Spain? It hasn’t been taken by anyone, and I doubt Gaijin will bother implementing a TT that’s mostly Germany & US equipment (+ Austrian) all things considered. Heck, we could even do Greece.

Test vehicles would be possible but they are simply a terrible decision and should be removed

Hence why we continously keep rejecting the idea of WTD 61 trialed F-15B and F-18B (even though we have a real claim on them).

agree to disagree

thats purely the belgium part,

thats the beautiful thing, swiss/austria would bring diversity, just like hungary /SA/india did to their nations

besides that gajin already proved that it doesnt need to make sense, it gets put where it fits and might help out the tree. Everything else doesnt matter

So just like Benenlux that will die under the french tree? Seriously you arent doing great arguments here

further prove that gajin doesnt care realy where they put the vehicles if they do the job required.
Hungary was solely choosen because its the most intresting option and the best one to help out italy

besides that they did in ww2. Thats the beauty of it and exactly what we want if you havent noticed it.
Them not using german designs later on in air. Allows them to fill the air gap the germans are worried about easy as that

Spain is possible aswell but they would need to remove premium vehicles aswell. Switzerland is literally perfect because germany already has a swiss plane and they have no vehicles in other nation.

Greece would be funny. Peace icarus would make a good premium, but I dont know if their mirage could fire fox3 and thus would be a good option. There are tons of greek skins aswell for german vehicles.

Just ONE nation is needed. Just saying not that people claim again we want whole europe despite only wanting one nation

And? france is getting leopards, nearly everyone has. I dont see the problem if we would get acces to some more french vehicles

and france gets german ones? where is your problem? Are you against dutch vehicles being added to france? They will make a great addition to the french tech tree and help out specialy at the 10,3 region which currently doesnt exist

well difference is that plenty swiss would support the addition of their tree into germany , right @Drag0oon ?

2 Likes

No. It was the anti-aircraft guns that shot down the most aircraft, and the Morane and Me were used together in interception operations.

the whole reason we are trying for switzerland in the first place was because argentinia got denied
Most of us would have prefered the argentinian option which is already more deeply integrated into our tree

I don’t mind; there will always be people who do. However, at least the northern area doesn’t mind. Ideally, it would be nice to have an independent tree (maybe with Austria), but if that’s not possible, it would make more sense to join Germany rather than not be added at all, especially considering the large amount of unique Cold War-era equipment. Plus, Switzerland is one of the few nations that can actually help with Germany’s gaps, especially in air and wheeled light vehicles.

3 Likes

Is that really rejection? Just because Argentina is not currently a sub to Germany does not mean that Argentina will never be a sub to Germany in the future.
Also, I remember when the Swiss Hunter was added to Germany, it was declared that it was not a Sub TT. So Argentina and Switzerland are in the same situation.

1 Like

Finland and sweden have always been close military wise. Finland was so iffy on joining Nato that when they both made the deal that if one joined Nato the other would follow. Sweden had been pushing to join for a while but Finland didn’t so sweden ignored their promise as it was overall safer to join than to be left out.

2 Likes

Belgium had the 1930s french tanks with Belgian AT guns, some amx-13 with AT missiles and the mirage 5BA… The Netherlands also had the AMX-13, both the FL-12 and FL-15 turrets. Both nations used french modified equipment. Not only Belgium. (And recently Luxembourg will also start using french combat vehicles, with the same integration pact through the BeNeLux as Belgium has with CaMo).

Panzerjäger 90, Panzer 87 140 WE, Panzer 87 WE (2006 proto), Panzer 87 WE, Piranha’s, Mirage III, F-5E, F-18C and more could be really really cool additions and help the +9.0 range a lot.

Spoiler

that was long ago and could have changed. Gaijin often denied something just to do it 1 year later

Is that really rejection? Just because Argentina is not currently a sub to Germany does not mean that Argentina will never be a sub to Germany in the future.

There is no use of filling that gap if we already have eurofighters etc… For me it’s clear that argentinia isn’t planned for germany. I don’t think this will change soon. Like above with switzerland, maybe 1 year

Would have been cool before the atgm nerf. Right now I dislike atgm carriers with a burning passion. Looks like a I-tow which is especially bad. Hot is at least somewhat useable

that ones actualy wrong, the denial never happend on the contrary they clarified that it might be different for the future

that ones quite some time ago now, while the argentinian denial was pretty stong

has switzerland an option to replace the Radkampfwagen 90? It’s one of the last non functioning vehicles in the german tech tree which would gaijin give the excuse to replace it

Afaik no, but there’s the Boxer with a 105mm anyways which can take its place.

i think that one was belgium