Proposal to Improve Germany's Air Tech Tree with Austrian/Swiss Subtree

Ignoring this whole aspect didnt u ? Because i am right.
We dont need a swiss tree , it fits under the german one

lol because hungary and italy have links or even finnland and sweden only a cultural link aswell and not a huge military link (finnland doesn’t use many swedish vehicles)

Just because Gaijin does something, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. BeNeLux could/should have been a separate tree, but honestly, it makes more sense for France than Switzerland/Austria do for Germany. BeNeLux nations use more French vehicles and technology than Germany uses Swiss/Austrian (or vice versa). In fact, I dare say Switzerland/Austria use more French tech and vehicles than German! Especially in the tree proposals I’ve seen, it’s like ~60-70% unique, indigenous vehicles, and then a bunch of French designs, and then some German.

A Swiss tree would bring so many unique and fun vehicles. It has far more potential than like 6-10 vehicles in a sub-tree.

They have more links. Hungarian WW2 vehicles complement Italy as both were allied under the Axis and both saw Germany use their vehicles, and give them German vehicles. However, those links fall apart in the Cold War. It’s one reason I don’t think Hungary was a very good option, when there are others like Spain that could have been better.

Finland and Sweden, again, have more links. Finland uses the CV90s, for instance. And then there’s the fact both are also linked to each other through Norway (e.g. Patria being Norwegian/Finnish, and then also having lots of Swedish ties). They all complement each other and actually make sense because they are generally quite close nations and have quite a bit of shared equipment.

Germany and Switzerland/Austria just don’t really have that, aside from Swiss and Austrian Leopard 2s. But for air? Literally none of them use German designs.

2 Likes

germany supplied switzerland during ww2 with planes and tanks see swiss hetzer and bf109s. Austria was literally a part of germany during ww2. Germany currently ingame is even ww2 germany and thus should include austria (but tbf currently there is Udssr ingame aswell but it doesn’t have lithuania)

Switzerland has had plenty fighters which would be 1.0+, to name a few specific fighter variants: Dewoitine D.27 (over 60 Planes, with multiple versions), Morane-Saulnier M.S.406H, D-3800 Morane (over 80 built), D-3801 (over 200 built), D-3802 and D-3803 variants, EKW C-3603-0, EKW C-3603-1 (mass production plane), EKW C-3604 and it’s many variants, etc.

And these are only the planes that could be placed below rank V.

1 Like

despite that links really doesn’t matter anymore for gaijin. What links does britain has with modern day india? What links does japan and other asian countries have? They are only in the same region

their main plane was still the bf109 in ww2

Austria also used British (Charioteer), Soviet (T-34-85), American (M41, M47, M60A1/A3), French (AMX-13) and German designs (Leopard 2A4) during the Cold War. Their few indigenous designs (4K 7FA 90mm and SK-105) literally use French turrets and cannons.

Austria was literally a part of germany during ww2.

Oh, okay! So Germany gets French vehicles as well! They occupied France during WW2. The Soviet tree should also have future Polish vehicles. Hell, Poland has more military ties to the USSR than Austria or Switzerland have to Germany and yet I have a feeling, but correct me if I’m wrong, you would not support the addition of a Polish sub-tree to the Soviet tree.

2 Likes

do you not know the difference between occupation and being part of the country? austria was part of ww2 germany while france was occupied. Austria literally voted for the anschluss. Many tanks were produced in austria aswell.

There even wikipedia states that:

There a source from a museum:

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/soviet-occupation-of-austria#:~:text=Thereafter%2C%20Austria%20was%20an%20integral,whom%20never%20came%20back%20home.
Thereafter, Austria was an integral part of the Third Reich, with 700,000 people, or 10 percent of the population, joining the Nazi Party. The Wehrmacht drafted more than 1.3 million Austrians between 1938 and 1945

Austria also used British (Charioteer), Soviet (T-34-85), American (M41, M47, M60A1/A3), French (AMX-13) and German designs (Leopard 2A4) during the Cold War. Of their few indigenous designs (4K 7FA 90mm and SK-105), they literally use French turrets and cannons.

so it’s okay for finnland, hungary and benelux to give other nations equipment they had no part in but for germany it’s not okay? Like finnland has not a single swedish vehicle in their tree. So by our logic it should have gone to Germany, britain and russia?

2 Likes

I am really sick that most players become huge hypocrites when talking about a subtree for germany despite clearly lacking after rank 5 in the air tree

@ChieftainWarrior then tell me what nation germany should get? Because sooner or later germany will get a nation because there are only 4 vehicles left for the air tree (at most 3 Eurofighters and 1 tornado). It’s not only about filling gaps but not giving germany more planes would kill premium vehicle sales for the german tree (if we talk about how gaijin thinks)
Test vehicles aren’t an option for me because they ruin the game as it is and open the door for the most stupid additions (they shouldn’t have been added in the first place)

1 Like

What? Finland doesn’t because… they’re in the Swedish tree… there are 4 lines of Swedish vehicles already… Plus they have the CV9030FIN…

I’m so confused as to what you’re saying here, sorry.

There just aren’t any good options. Most countries have better options than being lumped in with Germany just because they border each other. Maybe Argentina? But it’s really not a great connection. Sucks for Germany but you can’t just claim any country Germany borders just cause they have better gap-fillers.

1 Like

Primary candidate being Switzerland, secondary being Spain (both are free for grabs now). Argentina has been denied anyways.

:)

I’m so confused as to what you’re saying here, sorry.

I’m fairly positive his point is about nations like Sweden & Italy receiving equipment they’ve nothing to do with via their sub-trees (that also had nothing to do with said equipment apart from simply operating it) and asking why it’s alright for them, but not for Germany.

you were saying that austria used a lot of equipment from different nations aswell (and thus doesn’t fit with germany) and I said that finland did that aswell and they did get a subtree
Your statement:

Austria also used British (Charioteer), Soviet (T-34-85), American (M41, M47, M60A1/A3), French (AMX-13) and German designs (Leopard 2A4) during the Cold War. Their few indigenous designs (4K 7FA 90mm and SK-105) literally use French turrets and cannons.

There just aren’t any good options. Most countries have better options than being lumped in with Germany just because they border each other. Maybe Argentina? But it’s really not a great connection. Sucks for Germany but you can’t just claim any country Germany borders just cause they have better gap-fillers.

Nobody claims them? This topic is just a suggestion. Argentinia was denied that’s why people talking about switzerland. Other countries got a subtree aswell because they were lacking so germany should get aswell.

Japan should get a subtree first but it’s hypocritical that germany isn’t allowed to get their gaps filled in the air tree because “reasons”

Which is claiming them… Obviously this forum post has no say whatsoever but you are claiming those countries fit best in Germany.

I actually didn’t know this, do you have a link? Especially as they’ve already added the TAM, TAM 2IP, TAM 2C and SK-105 to Germany through Argentina.

Those reasons you seem to hate so much aren’t hypocritical, we are just rejecting the idea of countries with practically no military ties to Germany being added to Germany just because Germany needs more vehicles.

1 Like

The “needs more vehicles” is the basis behind Italy & France being given sub-trees, so it’s a completely valid argument to make. Netherlands have very little to do with France, and Hungary has close military ties with Germany even since mid 2010s (and if we look at WW2, they were literally a German puppet).

No. Although one Hetzer was donated by the Allies after the war and used for testing, the Pzj G 13s actually operated by Switzerland were imported from Czechoslovakia.

No. Their main plane was Morane. Not Me 109.

2 Likes

There is still hungary and india. Brazil would have had more ties to italy for example. Austria has ties. Austria is literally the brother nation of germany. That’s why the austro-prussian war is called Deutscher Bruderkrieg (german brother war)

As I said before, I don’t agree with Hungary going to Italy.

According to what you said, Hungary, which has a deeper connection with Germany, was launched as Italy’s Sub TT, so it should be said that there is no possibility of Sub TT being launched in Germany.

2 Likes

yeah I was wrong. bf109 was the second most important plane. I just read the stories about the swiss intercepting allied and axis planes and it was always bf109 intercepting them