Proposal to Improve Germany's Air Tech Tree with Austrian/Swiss Subtree

Negative

3 Likes

Very positive.

2 Likes

We didn’t ask for that Swedish aircraft crap

Guys, it’s gonna be fine, no way in hell they would leave GER without any sufficient top tier aircraft. We just have to wait for 2 years or so. In the meantime I’m gonna fly phantom and project big balls energy onto everyone in the match, because being clapped by a phantom is a shame, and boy oh boy it’s gonna clap. I would like to see a better CAS loadout for phantom, just give it 6 damn maverics instead of two, because it’s not even funny at this point. The best CAS loadout top tier GER gets is 4xGBU’s + 2 dumb bombs.

1 Like

If you’re gonna take the piss then at least have the courtesy to ping me

2 Likes

Germany really doesnt have the room fo a full sub tree, i can see them getting a few swiss vehicles for air but they really only need a stop gap until Eurofighter, outside that they really dont need anything else.

3 Likes

There’s another ICE version that will have more ordinance for ground… and Germany will have to wait for the typhoon anyway or receive the Swiss F18 in the meanwhile in a future update. Nothing else comes to my mind.

Womp womp.

2 Likes

Or in comparison 2 TV guided 13km missiles with rockets and bombs that cost more than the new su-25 taking out 4 40km missiles…

Could you link that other ICE version?
No ice had LGB.

Should be the F4 ICE LA or whatever i honestly can’t be bothered about finding the right nomenclature, also if you check the dev blog they say “Meet the F-4F KWS LV (ICE) which represents the penultimate modification of the legendary F-4 Phantom II in service with the Luftwaffe.”

Except that the early Eurofighters do not use a Captor E, but a Mechanical Captor-M

IRIS-T would make that Tornado IDS 13.7 minimum.
F-5G would be 12.0 just like the F-20 that currently exists.
The Swiss F-18 would be a good sidegrade to the first Typhoon, but the Typhoon already fulfills that position.

Ah yes because france needed a benelux sub tree and britain an additional india tree.
At the very least germany is in a higher need of an air sub tree the france is

Not really, Germany has a stupendous amount of planes in their tech tree.

They only need to fill the top 2 ranks a bit more, which could be achieved by other ways. A sub tree goes from rank I to VIII, there is no room for such a thing in their tech tree.

Looking at which planes Germany trialed could be a solution to fatten up their top ranks a bit more, built prototypes could also be possible or even ‘late’ and ‘early’ modifications of some planes like the mig-29G and the phantom.

4 Likes

Eh already starts rank 6-8.
Please go ahead and tell me then where france needed that air subtree. Only thing france needs from the sub tree might be some ground vehicles.

Thats wrong has already been denied by Smin that this doesnt need to be the case. See UK gripen or india, denmark, norway as a whole
France ground already has 5 lines. Go ahead tell me where the benelux line is going.
I am gonna give yiu a secret reshuffling is possible as well.

You think we wouldnt have considered that already? We are talking about the cold war period were germany was at its weakest. We had no projects or trials going on. And the trialed ones we did have arent amraam capable.
Thats not mentioning how most people would consider a solution of another country being the better one then starting with trial vehicles like its the case with sweden.

We are not asking for an immediate solution but for one in 1-2 updates for a stop gap until the Eurofighter which has been confirmed to still be very far away

Absolutely not. Germany has no ties to this tree other than geographic proximity. Switzerland and Austria can easily have their own dedicated tree, especially for ground (and so adding an air sub-tree would remove that).

3 Likes

A lot of shared cultural aspects and language are shared

Same could be said for benelux, which arguably is a better standalone then the alpine one.
And here we are. Not mentioning how france needed a sub tree as much as germany.

2 Likes

swiss used mostly bf109s in ww2 (I mean like the main fighter). So the huge amount of ww2 planes germany has wouldn’t matter because swiss would mosty fill rank 5+ where germany lacks. So that isn’t really an argument

1 Like

This game is about military vehicles. Switzerland and Germany just don’t have the links that, say, the UK and South Africa do.

Sure, they speak German. Except Swiss German is distinct, and Switzerland also speak Italian and French.

Swiss vehicles to Italy when?