Pre-order: Leopard 2A4M CAN

Never met a german main that thought the swiss hunter belonged in the german tree either. Theres been discussions about maybe gaijin playing with the idea of a swiss sub tree in the german TT, but if thats their goal, they really havent made an effort, and its overal a bad decision.

2 Likes

That’s outside of what I was talking about. If a tank sucks so be it, not every perm has to be amazing (Type 16 FPS with M735) and is a separate discussion.

Back when the Devblog of the Hunter came out there was a thread like this one where exactly the same thing played out with enough germans defending the hunter in their tree because switzerland is “like” germany and all that. Fugin hell if switzerland is anything then it could be split up between france, germany and italy but not just germany.

I can already see a swiss F-18 in the german tree as an event vehicle because well… its swiss bruh even tho nothing in or of it is german.

3 Likes

I really hope that the camouflage net does what it does IRL and if it does, PLEASE give it to all the other vehicles that have it IIRL otherwise its a feature locked behind paywall…

The turret looks weirdly designed? did you just take the same armor package the 122B+ has and copy it over? because that is not how the Leopard 2A4M CAN turret sides look.

The video above

Screenshot 2024-05-28 160814
Screenshot 2024-05-28 160758

IRL images

1c56d7eb66ea8477b9ed003fb683ce38
bfa9kih8ma261

Notice the “indent” in the sides at the front of the turret where the Metal bar sits. the model in game does not have that and instead looks like the 122B+ protection where its a “smooth” line.

2 Likes

I’m honestly pretty upset this didn’t go to Britain, they really need the tank and Germany REALLY doesn’t, it would be a really cool and fun tank for Britain but in the German tree it’s basically a fancy leopard 2 PL

4 Likes

Support this suggestion then! Functional Barracuda MCS modification

5 Likes

Gaijian wants premiums to sell well, I highly doubt a copy paste 2PL or fat 2A4 would sell as well as the 2A4M will while having similar performance. If you want to have a leopard in your line-up just go play Germany.

2 Likes

excellent point, just keep that same energy when it comes to Air tree.

The leopard 2A4M CAN should’ve replace the challenger 2 OES

So some German mains not wanting it completely cancels out the double standard?? Still doesn’t change the fact you want all leopards in the German tree whilst having a hunter that when using your logic about the Canadian leopard going to Germany, has no claim to?

1 Like

100% the case.

Your vehicles not performing like they should IRL does not give you the justification to have ones of other nations in game.

If you really want a Leo or a T-90 or an Abrams, go play Germany or Russia or the US. Don’t just have them all in a lump sum tech tree.

And another argument for having them spread out in other tech trees is that it encourages diversified play. Rather than just being able to play one nation and have everything (and then also conveniently not spend money on other nations), by being in a variety of trees there is diversity that teaches you how to play everything, and gives you a sense of what other people may experience.

And yes, before anyone asks, I think the HungAirO tech tree with all of it’s MiGs is ridiculous, as that means Germany has essentially all of the top dogs. I am against this as diversified play is important to the life of the game.

1 Like

So why do sweden have leopards then… can you please stop with this idiotic rhetoric because its not going to work here.

Considering this 2A4M is 11.3 I doubt its getting DM53 more than likey DM33 as its using the same gun as the 2A4 so its literally going to be no better than the current 2A4 in firepower… just armour an mobility will more than suffer due to additional weight. so if you think the 2A4M “would sell” better than a 2PL which ironically uses DM43 so has better shell anyway or potentially an upped armoured 2A4 or even a 2A5 in some prototype form (god knows what gaijin find)

I see the problem. The problem I have is people act like it has no place going to Germany. If they added another cool leopard for this premium and gave britian the Canadian one I wouldn’t be all that upset.

2 Likes

thats what they shouldve done in the first place yet they didnt. once again

2 Likes

I dont want “all leopards” in the german tree, but the canadian ones have always BEEN in the german tree, and the ONLY argument for it being in the british tech tree is “muh commowelf, the sun never sets on the bri’ish empire T^T”

I would however like to limit the spread of vehicles so that we arent consitantly in this idiotic mixed battle situation we have going on.

1 Like

I’de be fine with this, I get Germany dont have a current 11.0+ premium but why pick a canadian used tank for that slot knowing full well britian “could” have done with that to help there situation with poor lineup and to be frank dog ass premium

1 Like

The if you want leopards go play Germany is kinda a dumb argument. But in Sweden’s case it’s because that is there main battle tank and they have their own TT to put it in. Canada does not so they chose between Britain and Germany and they chose Germany to fill in the 11.3 premium gap.

I dint think anyone thinks it doesn’t have a place in Germany it’s just that Germany has many other variants that could fill that gap and a Canadian leopard in the British tree (where many other Canadian vehicles are) would benefit the British tree and Canadian mains.

2 Likes

One problem the actual argument is for balance because the shit Britain has is NO DAMN GOOD

gaijin doesnt know what to do with canada, can’t decide what TT put it in