Pre-order: Leopard 2A4M CAN

This is the Canadian Leopard 2A4, specially prepared for combat in Afghanistan. And from today, we’re introducing it in a pack that’s now available to pre-order, giving special bonuses!

Leopard 2A4M CAN: A Premium MBT for Germany at Rank VII

Features:

• Additional composite armor protection.
  • High resolution thermal imager!
  • Available modifications in the form of slat armor and/or a camouflage net.

Pre-order — Leopard 2A4M CAN Pack

The Kit Includes:

Store

Vehicle History

The Leopard 2A4M CAN modification was developed to modernize 20 Canadian Army Leopard 2A4 tanks for use in combat operations in Afghanistan. They were equipped with additional composite armor packages, placed to protect the front and sides of the turret and hull, plus slat armor at the back of the turret and around the engine compartment to help protect against shaped charge ammunition. In addition to this, the fire control system was modernized with a brand-new thermal imager and commander sight. Due to the extra armor, the weight of the tank increased, which meant that the brakes and suspension were modified as well. Krauss-Maffei Wegmann (KMW) developed this modification and by 2010 all 20 tanks were modernized. Between 2010 and 2011, 5 Leopard 2A4M CAN tanks were deployed in Afghanistan.

Meet the Leopard 2A4M CAN

With the release of the next major War Thunder update, this interesting Canadian modification of the Leopard 2A4 main battle tank will arrive in the game! This variant features additional composite armor modules, an advanced thermal imager and the ability to equip slat armor and a camouflage net. Today we’ll be telling you more about this tank that can be pre-ordered starting from now!

The protection of the Leopard 2A4M CAN was enhanced at the request of the Canadian military with additional anti-shaped charge modules at the sides of the hull to counter anti-tank weapons, primarily RPGs and ATGMs, as well as additional protection for the turret.

Download Wallpaper:

In addition to this, the underside of this tank has additional mine protection, which means there’s increased protection at the lower frontal part of the hull. Plus, you’re able to equip slat armor as a modification, helping to protect against shaped-charge shells to the sides and rear of the turret and engine compartment. There’s also a camouflage net that breaks the silhouette of the turret, gun mantlet and the gun itself, which looks cool too!

Interesting: The black lines that are scattered on the Leopard 2A4M CAN’s armor are actually Velcro strips for attaching a camouflage net, specially designed to camouflage the tank during missions in Afghanistan.

Additional armor means additional weight and therefore modifications to the braking system and suspension were required to help. Ultimately, it does mean that since this Leopard is heavier, its maximum speed is slightly less. Despite this, the driving characteristics are still great, as it will always be one of the first to reach capture points, and copes well with roads and any poor terrain. In addition to the enhanced armor that the Leopard 2A4M CAN received, there’s also an improved sighting system with a modern high-res thermal imager. However, the gun is the identical 120 mm L/44 cannon found on the 2A4.

That’s today’s blog done! The Leopard 2A4M CAN can be pre-ordered from today and will be available to play in the game when the next major update is released. Pre-ordering this pack will give you special pre-order bonuses as well, to be sure to follow the link to check it out.

19 Likes

Here before the arguments.

Anyways, very nice camouflage netting:

Could Cr2 have some nice nets :3

Challenger 2 camouflage netting
Challenger 2 Camouflage nets should be removable

19 Likes

When I first saw this on a leak list, I wanted it.

However, playing top tier Germany current, against Russia, it’s going to be free RP for them.

The team matched with Russia controls the air, so if you’re against them, you’ll be back in the hangar in this thing in 10 minutes or less.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

74 Likes

Hmm…

8 Likes

Question, it states the gun is identical to that on the 2a4.

Meaning no upgraded rounds like that of the 2PL?

One part of me is happy because having this premium means that the Clickbait spam will be lower,thus uniforming the WR gaps at Top Tier

On the other hand,i’m not happy at seeing basically a Leo 2A5 PSO/2A7V sold as a premium,if it’s even a little bit weaker than the 2A7V, it’s gonna be a serious struggle to kill one of those

5 Likes

911 for Brit mains

15 Likes

Could get DM33 if not DM43, just no programmable ammunition i think.

1 Like

well here we go again, who did not buy himself in top tier last preorder season here is your second call

1 Like

Theres still the 2A6 CAN

Troll Face Devil Phonk Chords - Chordify

On a real note this is entirely what I expected, looks to be a decent premium and is somewhat unique. Price is gonna hurt though

8 Likes

This is a joke right?
Canada goes to … Germany? Not the damn common wealth country it belongs to, or America who it is more culturally similar to. What’s the reasoning behind this? Why isn’t the strv German?

13 Likes

it will be far weaker than 2a7v, just shoot the front hull armor like 2a4, cause it still the same 300mm KEP as in 2a4

4 Likes

ren-and-stimpy-ren

7 Likes

Royal canadian?
More like, STATE OF DISREPAIR (no offense)
LMAOOOOOOOO
Anyway

3 Likes

yee another leopard 2a4 premium for germany 👀

2 Likes

By order of the Canadian military, Leopard 2A4M CAN tanks are equipped with composite armor modules at the front of the turret and hull

I don’t know,the front of the turret is pretty much evident,but the front of the hull? The images are not crystal clear

We will see when the dev server will open

2 Likes

because strv are actually modyfied in sweden not in germany

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

24 Likes

Gaijin and the inconsistencies with Commonwealth stuff.

It’s dumb and because Canada doesn’t use German IVFs, APC, SPAA or Aircraft I’ll be running it as 1DL.

But I want the title so let’s see how much it is… $90 Canadian!?! Ok, placement is bad but the price is worse.

7 Likes