Potential inclusion of Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg in the French Tech tree

This is a very complicated issue where I’m not completely sure on where I stand for it.
But I would say that I either support splitting BeNeLux or it becoming it’s own tree. Although I do understand the point for them to be together as a subtree, but there’d be a lot of wasted potential between Belgium and the Netherlands.

My list is a bit outdated, as the Panzer 87 is no longer needed. I was waiting to see this coming update first before changing anything. But Switzerland still has vehicles that should go to France if it isn’t independent. There’s more possible additions to consider as well.

What I know with the German players, the plan was for Belgium to go to France and Netherlands to go to Germany.
Does their history until the Cold War matter in Warthunder? It ultimately depends on what part of history you prefer. Which I don’t really trust Gaijin enough to handle the second world war. As they’ve lately focused on the modern era and have cut corners by adding copy paste.
Which seems like a common opinion held by most of the player base.

Does Gaijin have a different view of how Western countries operate their militaries? That’s likely true, as most additions seem like they’re suited for a traditionally Soviet doctrine.

France doesn’t really need a subtree, as I’ll keep saying the situation France has been in is Gaijin’s fault alone. France had entire updates of getting little to nothing. So now they’re potentially scrapping the future of the tech tree just so they can make one big cut in development? It’s definitely very frustrating.

We don’t need the CV9035NL, it shouldn’t be what saves us from mediocrity. The minimum they could do is add the AMX-10 RCR T40.
We don’t need a copy paste Leopard 2, as there’s more prototypes of the Leclerc then previously known about.

My opinion that I’ll stand by is that France has no need for a subtree. Adding foreign vehicles should only be done to add flavor or increase diversity. It shouldn’t be seen as a solution to a problem that shouldn’t even exist as a sub tree would take away from what France could have.

Gromvoiny though said that they’re thinking of a solution to the subtree problem. If they have one, we certainly don’t know. But as it is currently, a subtree to France is unacceptable. As France isn’t Italy or Sweden, there’s no limitation to what’s available to be added. So it would put France in a situation like the U.K, perhaps even worse.

5 Likes

And? What large calibre wheeled tank destroyers with thermals does Germany have as of yet? Just because a specific type of vehicle doesn’t exist doesn’t mean it’s a necessary gap to fill.

France has a plethora of completely functional wheeled vehicles as opposed to something like the Radkampfwagen which couldn’t even traverse its turret IRL…

i mean im not a fan of mock up vics and think they shouldnt be ingame. still i only said your stuff isnt in the class of a CV90 what are you trying to achive with bringing up radkampfwagen?

This was sadly nothing more than rumours and wishes from some players.

agreed!

3 Likes

No you’re right, the EBRC Jaguar and VBCI Philoctete are infinitely better.

You were implying that France’s wheeled vehicles are non-functional seeing as they were prototypes which is not the case at all.

2 Likes

not an IFV

wheeled ifv< tracked ifv

I did not say that i said they are wheeled or protos as they dont focus on tracked ifvs for whatever reason.

It was mostly an agreement between French and German players.
Gaijin has no obligation to consider it, but just the leak alone has frustrated a large portion of the player base.

For once that french and german players can agree on something and gaijin goes and screws it up anyways

it depends on the conditions but you can’t say that the CV 90 which is a design from 30 years ago is better than a light tank which is less than 10 years old, the Jaguar and the VBCI are just objectively better

2 Likes

It has an autocannon so it’s close enough in the sense of War Thunder

Firstly, that’s your opinion. Secondly, that’s an ignorant opinion which ignores how the CTAS 40 would be the best autocannon in-game short of the Russian 57mm and that Akerons would be better than Spikes - as well as a few other reasons.

2 Likes

I make that same mistake all the time when talking about the Jaguar. It’s a reconnaissance vehicle but because it’s so similar to an IFV my brain just makes it an IFV. 😅

1 Like

its more common senes since your fighting next to tanks and can slap way more armor on a tracked chassis and follow them better.

in what way? spikes ingame are dogshit and nerfed hard

we were comparing ifvs and not afvs

You specifically talking about the PUMA because that’s an outlier, no? In any case, VBCI should already have STANAG 5 all-around like it did IRL which would give it the same level of protection as the CV90.

Akerons are able to be optically guided as well.

Damn because there’s a playable infantry squad in War Thunder that makes all the difference, am I right!?

2 Likes

it’s funny because I’m almost sure that the front plate of the CV90 is less armored than that of the VBCI in game

EDIT :my mistake, I tilted the shell a little too much on the CV90 so it should be slightly less armored than that

Literally this image but cut the Serbian thing out.

Serbian? This?

It’s Franco-Russian

If it’s Franco-Russian then I’m the tooth fairy

not really. most tracked ifvs have atleast stanag 4569 lvl 6 frontally. Puma is more of an exeption of having it on the side on an everyday basis.

spikes can do that too…gj just dosnt want to give them the capability to do it

its still something else

there are multiple bug reports about cv90s armor

hate to ask it but source? from what I can find its only 14.5mm protection on the sides at max

Chassis is a dressed-up VBCI-2.

1 Like

It’s a Serbian vehicle.