Polish F-16 for Germany, instead of F-4F ICE

Personally I’d much rather solve the German situation with their trialed vehicles first. It’d give them a fair amount of additional options.

After that I’d perhaps look at the Danish F-16.
Denmark is a strong ally of Germany and it wouldn’t really take away from Sweden or the potential future Benelux and Polish trees.

3 Likes

Yea, the problem still stands that all of their trialed vehicles were older versions, physically incapable of using AMRAAMs - and honestly I’m quite tried of seeing people go “hurr durr germany is handheld, they get all the special treatment hurr durr” whenever they get a weapon system that wasn’t in actual use. Of course, we could always throw logic out the window and turn towards the F-15GA (German Advanced), an equivalent of a Tranche 4 Eurofighter…

Anime Shrug GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

Right, I always forget how huge the gap in capabilities can be in 4th gen jet fighters.
I’d still like to see the trialed vehicles, but then the Danish F-16 really does seem like the best option in my eyes.

Doesn’t look like Ger getting its trialed F-15 or F-20 (or F-18, F-16).

스크린샷 2023-08-22 113644

You have other sources for the F-15 I believe the pics were photoshopped since it doesn’t match the Luftwaffe Insignia and you do not find any sources on the Internet

F-20 is off the table now that its US premium pack
I highly doubt that F-15 will be added to German tech tree
EDIT: I still think Swiss Hornet is most viable option until EFs

This Insignia was also placed on an F-18, it’s not photoshop.

1 Like

Its real, they obtained a F-15 and tested it with German staff a lenghty time in the US. Ger planes operating in the US for training always have US insignias. If we apply the trial rules, Ger could get F-16, F-15, F-18 and F-20. But I doubt community would support that. Sweden would have already gotten all of them, I guess^^

스크린샷 2023-08-22 113636

2 Likes

It’s an F-15B that was tested by WTD-61 in 1982 (for more details, @Godvana), the reason why the insignia may not match is because of the picture quality, and the jet’s whiter paint job - but that is indeed Luftwaffe’s cross.

Case in point:

Whiter paint job = less visible white part of the insignia.

1 Like

Ah yeah found the source, thanks

1 Like

Thats the orig context, I made a photo. Its from a book about WTD 61.

2 Likes

You don’t need Polish F16 you can have this

Again idk why i have to Say this again poland has very close relations to germany in terms of military, most of the polish army weapons including vehicles are German and they have been known for having a Lot of contracts with germany it’s not because they invaded them in ww2, is because poland kept Even more relations with germany than with any other country

That would be the Ideal situation, provided it actually happens. The only problem is it could take years until they are actually delivered and in service.

That said, we know they will be Danish F-16s so Gaijin could just make up a likely Argentine camo and call it a day.

That’s debatable to say Germany has a better Mig 29, as while the Mig 29G has slightly better performance than the SMT, it comes with a cost of having 50% less flares (60 flares instead of 120) , worse radar, and worse RWR compared to the SMT.

Are you trying to imply that the F4F Ice would be the same BR as the F4J when AMRAAMs are released? Cause we both know that is not true and will prob be 12.0+ BR.

This is implying that Germany has always had meta top tier aircraft, which is not true, and in fact really shows you have never seen how often Germany gets screwed over with air updates.

The last time Germany ever had a simultaneous meta aircraft released with either USSR or USA was in Update 1.95 “Northern Winds” where the mig 21MF was released with the Mig 21SMT. After that, then when downhill for Germany and hasn’t had a simultaneous meta aircraft released with US or USSR since then. The F4E was released on March 2020 in Update 1.97 “Viking Fury”, germany didn’t get the F4F early till March 2021 in Update “Ixwa Strike” and it was an event vehicle. The tech tree F4F late came out in June 2021 in Update “Red Skies”, and that jet only had 4x Aim 9Js and flares, while other phantoms had access to sparrows and and other nations had like 6 missiles. Mind you, the F4F late was released along with the Mig 23M.

Also keep in mind the USSR had the Mig 21bis in November 2020 in Update “New Power” and Germany didn’t even get it until a year later in late Oct. 2021 in Update “Ground Breaking” and at that point the USSR has the Mig 23 MLD released in that same patch. Also to mention that the German Mig 21bis had only R-60s when it was relased and was never meta because of it until the patch it gave it R-60MKs and only then did Germany finally have a meta aircraft at the time. Lets also mention how Germany would get the Mig 23 MLA, two patches later in March 2022 in Update “Wings of Change”.

Then in December 2022 in Update “Apex Predators”, US, Italy and China got the F-16As, while the USSR got the Mig 29A. It was only in a patch later in March 2023 in Update “Sky Guardians” did Germany finally get an equivalent with the Germany Mig 29A. The same thing happened when US got the F-16C with Aim 9Ms and USSR got the Mig 29 SMT with R-73s in September 2023 in Update “Sons of Attila”, and it would take a patch later in November 2023 in Update “Kings of Battle” where they would get an equivalent which was the Mig 29G with R-73s.

Now when Update “Air Superiority” released in December 2023, US, Isreal and Japan got the F-15, USSR and China got the Su-27, France got the Mirage 4000, and Sweden and Britain got the Jas39 Gripen. Then in the current patch, Update “Alpha Strike” in March 2024, Italy was able to also get the Jas39 Gripen, meanwhile Germany has gotten nothing new.

So turns out Germany has almost all the time had to cope with non-meta top rank aircraft like Britian, Japan, Italy, and Sweden, and has in fact even been treated worse than them sometimes.

Edit: Grammar and Spelling

9 Likes

Yet their military is far from dominated by German arms.
Even in this sense it doesn’t make sense to add Poland to Germany.

1 Like

Isn’t that only because it’s a German export and that doesn’t mean all polish vehicles will go to Germany. That’s like saying a polish f16 could go to Britain because they have a polish firefly premium.

4 Likes

because poland has bought an equal amount of vehicles from different countries since their main purpose of buying so many vehicles from different countries its to keep their actives ready for any attack poland its the major buyer of leopard 2’s followed by denmark and finland

Though i doubt poland will be a subtree in germany at any point, it is highly probable that some of the modified vehicles that were mainly german and modified by poland will end in the tech tree, I would also like to see 1 vehicle that probably will never see the light in war thunder

There’s no option to vote, but I disagree. As much as one can argue the F-4F ICE will not be too competitive with contemporary ARH platforms, it doesn’t really necessitate the addition of a Polish F-16. I feel like the F-4F ICE will at the very least be “good enough” until Germany receives something more fleshed out, like the Eurofighter Tranche 1. It wouldn’t be the first time a nation lagged decently behind for some time. If Germany were to get anything to fill that gap for the time being, I feel like a Swiss vehicle would be more appropriate. From my understanding, the only reason the Leopard 2PL is in the German tree to begin with is because it is an upgrade of a German tank and I feel this doesn’t warrant the addition of any more non-German origin Polish vehicles to the German tech tree. Also, I’m not quite sure why but to me it looks like this entire post was written by ChatGPT.

3 Likes