Poland as a separate nation?

I’ll tell you where I think the complaints probably come from, they probably come from older players who haven’t mentally aged with the game’s development, and I was one of them. I’ve been playing since 2013, and it was in 2020 that I finally became convinced in Poland, and now much more since we have the latest modern day vehicles.

If you came to me in earlier years, I would have definitely told you no, because back then our tech tree standards were influenced by the old WW2 and rank V cap, with only a handful of post-war vehicles like the Leopard or the T-10M. Certainly, no one at that time would have agreed to a nation with no originality past rank 1 due . But now that we have rank 8, those are now mid ranks, and they constitute only a fraction of tech trees nowadays. The impression of Poland’s game potential was formed in those earlier years and it has still stuck with some players so far.

Wish I could show you a representation of the later ranks, because they excite me a lot, but I can’t at the moment.

3 Likes

2022 and we see what happens in the game. September 1, 1939 is not a good idea either.
Just saying i highly doubt that players would like this

And thats why i said

sure buddy. What tanks did Polland design during ww2 that could fill rank II and III? Because British tanks dont count
Ur audacity to upload a tech tree draft filled with British tanks and play it off as a gotch-a-moment…holly .

Let’s cancel France, Italy and (to some extent) Japan as well if that’s your logic.

“Filled”? I can see you’re ignoring everything I say and being ignorant on purpose. If you have to generalize the entire nation tree based on rank 2 and 3, you must be really desperate.

3 Likes

Following this line of thought, the china tree should probably start at around battle rating 10.0. haha

3 Likes

Except for the fact that you’d lose a very large portion of unique vehicles if you exclusively go low tiers or high tiers.
It doesn’t make sense.

Israel already suffers from not having their loads of unique stuff at lower tiers ground, for Poland it’d be even worse.

2 Likes

yes + 1

If it became a fact that we would get a new independent technology tree, do you think it would be Poland or maybe another nation is more promising?

Then where is my Hungarian tech tree ? China was excused because of the purchasing power, and now everyone gets a pass with multiple-tier holes in their trees ? cmon give me a break.

It was a joking argument

2 Likes

Modern Poland would be cool as subtree for VI->VII->VIII era to german tech tree, starting with PT91 and finishing with K2PL. We could also have KRAB as our own “vidar style” vehicle

1 Like

Yuck

2 Likes

Nah!

How many of those have guns that can effectively combat other tanks and how many are purely just small caliber machine guns.

Just ground, air and helicopters, here’s an inexhaustive list of unique Polish vehicles, for a total of 124. There are dozens more, but too many to all fit into a standard tech tree so a lot of high-rank light tanks especially got crowded out (the BWP-1 Puma had like a dozen versions alone). Additionally, Poland was a central player in the Warsaw Pact so they license-produced a significant number of Soviet vehicles and then exported those vehicles, but none are included in this list.

Vickers Mk E Type A (wz.30)
TKS (wz.38)
S.P. wz 34
TKS-D
TKD
7TP dw (wz.30)
7TP jw
9TP
10TP
Zbik
BRDM-2M-96i
TOPAS-2AP
SKOT-2AP
4TP
9TP (BBT BP)
14TP
WR-40 Langusta
Hibneryt
Hibneryt-P
vz. 77 Dana
AHS Krab
K9A2PL
Promet
Condor
AHS Krab (UPG-NG)
T-34/85M1
T-34/85M2
T-34/100
Tumak 5
BRDM-2BF Żbik-B
T-54AM2
SKOT-2AM
T-54AM1
BWR-1S
M120G Rak
KTO Rys E8
M120K Rak
BWP-1S
BWP Anders (Hitfist-30P)
BWP Anders (2016)
KTO Rosomak
KTO Rosomak M1M
T-55AM Merida
T-72M1R
PZA Laora-A
Poprad
Hibneryt-3-KG
T-55AMS
BWP-40
BWP-1 Puma RCWS-30
T-72M1RV
WWO Wilk
KTO Rosomak M
KTO Rosomak ZSSW-30
BWP Borsuk
PT-91 Twardy
PT-91A Twardy
PT-91U Twardy
PT-91M2A2 Twardy
ZSU-23-4MP Biala
WPB Anders (105)
T-72M1Z
BWP-2000
BWP Anders (Hitfist-OWS)
PT-91M Pendekar
Leopard 2PL
WPB Anders
WWO Wilk 2
PL01
PT-17
PT-16
K2PL
9K33M3 Osa-AKM-1P Zadlo
mala NAREW

P.11a
P.11b
P.11c
P.11f
P.11g
PWS-10
P.24b
P.24c
P.24g
P.24a
P.24f
PZL.50 Jastrzab
PZL.23A Karas
PZL.23B Karas
PZL.43A Chaika
PZL.30 Zubr
PZL.37 Los
P.7a
PZL.38 Wilk
P.24E
PZL.43 Chaika (Bulgaria)
PZL.48B Lampart
PZL.48A Lampart
TS-11 Iskra bis A
TS-11 Iskra bis B
TS-11 Iskra R
TS-11 Iskra bis D
TS-11 Iskra BR 200
Lim-5M
Lim-6bis
Lim-6M
Lim-2R
Lim-5R
I-22 Iryda (M-91)
I-22 Iryda (M-93K)
I-22 Iryda (M-96)
I-22 Iryda (M-93M)
MiG-21M (1985)
TS-16RD Grot
M-346LCA
FA-50GF
FA-50PL

Mi-2URN Żmija
Mi-2URP Salamandra
Mi-2URP-G Gniewosz
W-3PL Sokol
W-3K Sokol
S-70i
W-3WA Sokol
W-3U Salamandra

And number of unique vehicles isn’t the reason a tree is added in the first place! Italy has only 127 unique tanks, planes, and helis, Japan has 165, and China has 69. You’d be insane to say that any of those nations, or at least the first two, don’t deserve to be in War Thunder because “they don’t have hundreds of unique vehicles”. Of course they need inclusion for their historical and geopolitical significance!

4 Likes

every one of the vehicles he listed has an anti-tank cannon, assuming he means the 20mm TK-3 prototype and not the standard version.

1 Like

Good. Still, I don’t think Gaijin would make it a Tech Tree. They seem to dislike Cockroaches Tanks aka Tankettes.

If the copy-pasted units should be placed in it, I prefer not to have this function

Hi, I’ve been working on Polish Aiviantion and Ground TT for past 3 years and I’ve seen lots of version of the Polish techtree, and all of them are mid…

…well beacasue I belive the process of making this TT was like “lets put as many vehicles as possible so poeple think its very fun to play” and it ended up as WG ah looking TT with vehicles that only existed on paper, haven’t been biulded or it was just an idea.

I did manage to make Polish aviation TT with 33 uniqe and original aircraft and 51 copy pasted aircraft
and ground TT with 54 uniqe and original tanks and 36 copy pasted tanks

in nearest future I’ll post an entire video on YT discussing the whole problem and arguments for it and why adding it as a subtree will ruin the whole vibe and basicly throw it to trash whole potential for independent TT.

In past I did uloaded videos of Polish TT on YT but only in polish which was a mistake but now I won’t make this mistake and add subtitles so people who aren’t familiar with how polish comunity looks at this TT will understand the whole “Polish Tech Tree problem” which to me it isn’t the problem.

and here is the Aviation TT for those who are interested

Yes I did made it in microsoft paint and the “originality” one looks like crap (beacasue I was too lazy to fill the gaps lmao) but the whole structure remains

Explanation of the colors:
green - original/very difrent from thier orinal counterpart
blue - modyfied by polish but not difrent from thier original counterpart
orange - uniqe vehicle, that doesn’t have there direct counterpart in game
red - copypaste

And criteria I tried to stick to while making it was:
1. Created as a demonstrator and preliminary prototype
(which was built from scratch)
2. Was a real project intended for production
3. Premium vehicles are special vehicles for Poles, have a deeper history or are a tree vehicle that works differently

For any questions or potnetial sources (since there are some vehicles I’m not 100% sure if they should be on said BR for example T-34-85M2) please do reply and ask I try to stick to this topic to anwser all the questions.

Also its funny how in my verision there are 87 copy paste vehicles and 87 orignal and uniqe so yeah we have 50/50 TT (and much more uniqe than Chinas lol)