Poland as a separate nation?

And Prussia is from a time period that is utterly irrelevant to War Thunder

1 Like

Did we not have a sliver of it during the Interwar period? Of which we have vehicles in WT. And during WW2 we reclaimed Prussia? Dunno, I am at Work, brain is mush.

“I don’t know anything about this nation but I’m still going to act like I do to avoid conceding”

This is only WIP so far, but the tanks in those mid ranks are short stopgaps until the later ones.

Spoiler

Some of them are not in the game yet, like the Covenanter and Centaur. Mind you, some of them are Polish-modified and produced as well; the T-34-85M2 for example has NVD and HEAT-FS. But as mentioned before, this is only a small percentage of the overall tree.

Meanwhile France and Italy:

Spoiler

I’m not going to use China for this comparison because it’s not even close.

I’ll reveal the later ranks once the tree is actually done in terms of vehicle research and artwork.

Oh yeah, you’re definitely clueless. I don’t blame you though.

2 Likes

Starting with the fact that so many people who are negative about this tree complain about copy paste (it’s strange that in relation to the Benelux subtree there was only crying about whether it should be in France or Germany) that’s why the best choice would be to mix Poland with Czechoslovakia here unfortunately a candle for Hungary… Thanks to this solution the technology tree would be a few times more original than China with Israel. As for the comments claiming that it’s a good idea to make sub technology trees from Poland or Czechoslovakia in the game, the maximum number of lines in the tree is 5. After the Benelux subtree was added in Air France all nations except Israel, China and Japan have these gaps filled so until the interface is rebuilt we won’t see any subtrees in these nations in my opinion it is impossible to add anything to Israel due to politics. Japan, if I remember correctly, also has problems with Korea (correct me if I’m wrong), although a few months ago the Thai subtree was given to developers, so maybe we’ll see something like that in the game. That leaves China, which I don’t know what to give. We know very well that gajin, like any other company, has to earn money and it will probably earn the most on the Polish market if a new tree is added (here I assume that among the trees of other countries that have already been added, the largest number of players come from Poland. “That was the case with WOT, at least”). That’s why I think that if we see another independent tree, it will be Poland. But as usual, nothing is known. For me, it would be very interesting, after all, it’s always a wider choice for each of us. Personally, I would really like to see a BWP-40, T-72 Scarab or one of the few versions of the PT-91 in the game. I really don’t understand why people don’t like this idea so much…

1 Like

Whoever “we” is, it’s irrelevant.

Prussia as a state no longer existed and it hadn’t for more than half a decade when WW2 happened.

Putin argumentation is hardly appreciated on these forums

I’ll tell you where I think the complaints probably come from, they probably come from older players who haven’t mentally aged with the game’s development, and I was one of them. I’ve been playing since 2013, and it was in 2020 that I finally became convinced in Poland, and now much more since we have the latest modern day vehicles.

If you came to me in earlier years, I would have definitely told you no, because back then our tech tree standards were influenced by the old WW2 and rank V cap, with only a handful of post-war vehicles like the Leopard or the T-10M. Certainly, no one at that time would have agreed to a nation with no originality past rank 1 due . But now that we have rank 8, those are now mid ranks, and they constitute only a fraction of tech trees nowadays. The impression of Poland’s game potential was formed in those earlier years and it has still stuck with some players so far.

Wish I could show you a representation of the later ranks, because they excite me a lot, but I can’t at the moment.

3 Likes

2022 and we see what happens in the game. September 1, 1939 is not a good idea either.
Just saying i highly doubt that players would like this

And thats why i said

sure buddy. What tanks did Polland design during ww2 that could fill rank II and III? Because British tanks dont count
Ur audacity to upload a tech tree draft filled with British tanks and play it off as a gotch-a-moment…holly .

Let’s cancel France, Italy and (to some extent) Japan as well if that’s your logic.

“Filled”? I can see you’re ignoring everything I say and being ignorant on purpose. If you have to generalize the entire nation tree based on rank 2 and 3, you must be really desperate.

3 Likes

Following this line of thought, the china tree should probably start at around battle rating 10.0. haha

3 Likes

Except for the fact that you’d lose a very large portion of unique vehicles if you exclusively go low tiers or high tiers.
It doesn’t make sense.

Israel already suffers from not having their loads of unique stuff at lower tiers ground, for Poland it’d be even worse.

2 Likes

yes + 1

If it became a fact that we would get a new independent technology tree, do you think it would be Poland or maybe another nation is more promising?

Then where is my Hungarian tech tree ? China was excused because of the purchasing power, and now everyone gets a pass with multiple-tier holes in their trees ? cmon give me a break.

It was a joking argument

2 Likes

Modern Poland would be cool as subtree for VI->VII->VIII era to german tech tree, starting with PT91 and finishing with K2PL. We could also have KRAB as our own “vidar style” vehicle

1 Like

Yuck

2 Likes

Nah!

How many of those have guns that can effectively combat other tanks and how many are purely just small caliber machine guns.