Please Give Us Back the Original Panther II, Flakpanzer 341 "Coelian," and Tiger II 10.5cm KwK

Hello dear community and Gaijin Staff,

I strongly believe that the “Optimization of the German Tech Tree” in the 1.91 Update of 2019 was a mistake that introduced unnecessary problems. While War Thunder continues to be a great game with a diverse array of vehicles, none can truly replace the ones many of us always desired—vehicles we frequently see in battles but can no longer obtain. Allow me to present several arguments in favor of reinstating these three German tanks:

1. Initial Availability: The removal of these vehicles was not a decision made at the beginning. All three were initially added for players to enjoy, each serving clear purposes that are now unmet for part of the community.
  2. Ongoing Inequity: The harm is already done; these vehicles were created and added to the tech tree, with current owners allowed to keep them. As a result, a portion of players constantly sees these unique vehicles in action without the possibility to play with them themselves due to an outdated decision.
  3. Historical Evidence: There is historical evidence supporting the existence and design of each of the three tanks.
  4. Realism in Context: War Thunder does not strictly adhere to historical accuracy. We have WWII tanks adorned with anime designs battling Cold War tech decorated with birthday cakes and silly hats. Reintroducing these three tanks would hardly disrupt the game’s balance or realism.

Furthermore, the original versions of these tanks are part of War Thunder’s history and should be preserved in their original designs. I oppose redesigning them into more accurate depictions or offering overhauled versions to new players. Most collectors prefer originals over replicas.

• Flakpanzer 341 “Coelian”: This vehicle had a fully functional Panther hull and a partially functional wooden turret. It’s likely that this tank would have been produced had the war continued. Germany had clear intentions to manufacture the Coelian, and it is needed for the German Anti-air branch as an armored SPAA. Britain has the Skink; Germany should have the Coelian with HVAP ammo. Whether it returns to its old place in the tech tree, as a GE vehicle, or as a recurring limited-time vehicle like the Maus, should be decided by Gaijin staff.
Spoiler

• Tiger II 10.5cm KwK: There were plans for a rangefinder-equipped Tiger II, with the rangefinder on public display in a museum. A 1:1 mockup exists or existed, with photographic evidence. Though not aesthetically pleasing, it is historically significant. Modifications to enlarge the turret ring and turret should allow the 105mm to fit.
Spoiler

• Panther II: While the Panther II combines multiple historical projects and ideas, it was added by Gaijin developers in its current form. A real Panther II exists, albeit with a different turret. The Americans placed a G turret on the chassis, demonstrating historical modifications. Also, german military vehicles mounted with an NVD device are historical, further reading here
Spoiler

In conclusion, I urge the Gaijin developers to recognize the importance of fairness and nostalgia within the player base. Allow every player the opportunity to obtain the original Panther II, Flakpanzer 341 “Coelian,” and Tiger II 10.5cm KwK once again.

Thank you for considering this request.

Insert obligatory

“No: [Development] Changes and optimization in the German tech-tree - News - War Thunder

• Staff

This is unfair and was inconsiderate of the German main community.

11 Likes

Here we go again

9 Likes

Nah

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Bruh

我支持,把那些载具还给我们

1 Like

Translation

1 Like

It’s already a tradition, but if everyone asks, I’ll try too, I ask fries, a hamburger and mixed sauce.

4 Likes

A large soda and a number 9 for me

4 Likes

Coelian at least should come back. Most of it was functional and would make for a great step between Ostwind 2 and Kugelblitz at 6.3.

The REAL Panther 2 should be added, instead of an amalgamation of several projects.

1 Like

Rather both then. The War Thunder “Fake” isn’t going anywhere ever, Gaijin cannot just remove things from player inventories.

And I am not going to settle for anything less than this unique approach of the Panther II, because it is not fair. Why should some player have the privilege just because he could take enough time to get it all those years ago? All or Nobody imho.

1 Like

Sad Zerstörer 45 noises…

Img_2024_06_01_18_58_49

2 Likes

Coelian is much more survivable tho.

I’d agree if it was even possible to exist, but the 88’s gun breech simply does not fit in the Panther F turret.

I mean, I’m all for it. I actually REALLY want it! I’m really sad I never played when it was available. Same with the panther 2, not so much about the Tiger 2 though

2 Likes

Angry Panther 2 noises.

1 Like

I’ve heard from someone who is CC that they are planning to bring back removed German tanks as event stuffs.

2 Likes

you are talking to a community that wants realism when it suits them. They want 20km missiles while crying about having to drive more than 5 seconds to the cap zone and don’t bud an eye to fake modifications, armament and vehicles.

Besides there are plenty of FAKE vehicles and never mounted weaponry in-game. There is no reason not to add back these non-fake vehicles, perhaps in a more historically accurate representation.

3 Likes

That is very Gaijin-like

TBH, I would like to see they bring back the aircraft that is removed in 2013 because of reworking of the TT first, rather than the German “fictional” tanks.