Planned Battle Rating changes for the month of October

The T55s are a lower calibre meaning less pen, and have a shorter barrel as well especially compared to the t-69 II G, meaning less velocity, makes sense why china’s round does better. The ATGM, I’ve missed a couple times with it but that was user error and forgetting its slower than a dart after switching.

So when it’s the KT H being basically immune frontally to 5.7 guns it’s just “heavy tanks should be though” but somehow different with the IS-3? You can pen the IS-3’s lower side with a Panzer 4, so by your own logic Tiger E vs IS-3 is a fair fight.

Additionally the T55 and premium one for the USSR have armour that is much better than the t-69 II G & the ZTZ59D1. The Chinese tanks don’t have any composite where as the USSR ones do! So I don’t see how the Chinese armour is better?

3 Likes

This is not true anymore. Gaijin has removed those modifiers for years now.

The Tiger II (H) turret front is 185 mm of RHA at roughly 9º. This means that against APCR, that’s just about 192 mm effective.

US 76 mm APCR has 190 mm of penetration at 10 meters. So yeah, it sucks to face 6.7 in your 5.7.

1 Like

Please reconsider the centurion and Caernarvon battleratings. They are the same br as the conqueror which should be obvious to anyone makes no sense. The ammo shatters all the time now and even if it didn’t it would be over tiered.

If you insist it has to be 7.7 at least please consider giving it the historical ready rack reload of 4 seconds to compensate for the guns now poor performance.

2 Likes

The problem is all these tanks are just jokes.
The AML can be penned by any machinegun while having to aim at weakspots while using a chemical round
The AuF1 can be fun but can’t really do much in term of impact on the battle.
The AMX 10M is just a troll tank that can be wrecked by anything that has a weapon bigger than a .50
And finally the Foch has a reload time that is waaaaaay too long for a solid shell with little post pen effect.

Ju 388 J 4.3 → 3.7 or lower
This aircraft is similar to the Do 217’s (BR 2.0-2.7) with some advantages and disadvantages.
Ju 388 J’s (in-)abilities:

• higher speed
  • similar back gunners (2x 13mm like the Do 217 N-1)
  • 2x30mm MK108 + 4x20mm MG151/20
    BUT: 2 20mm/400 rounds are for the “schräge Musik”(not useful), only 2 are to the front with 360
    rounds
  • similar maneuverability (slightly worse)
  • the BIGGEST drawback: Its offensive armament is angled downwards:
    Even slight horizontal maneuvers of enemies will deny you to get the guns on target.
    Because of the downward angled guns you have to use the elevator to constantly adjust for that. So
    your rudder is your only way to adjust horizontally which gives you just a tiny zone for correction.

It’s current situation:
Even at a lower BR it would not be more effective for it’s designed role (bomber hunting) because it has a very low climb rate. It can’t reach the bombers even with it’s airspawn and fighters which start from the ground will reach the bombers much easier. Thats why it practically can only engage enemies in head-ons. But because of its angled guns and the ability for every enemy to avoid a head-on you are useless.

How would a BR reduction improve the situation:
It’s weapons and flight performance would not be more effective. The enemies would still not fear you.
But if it’s speed would be fast enough to outrun most fighters, you have a chance to for a re-engagement. Also it’s 13mm defensive guns would be slightly more effective, since german 13mm are significantly less powerful than .50 cals or swedish 13,2mm, which can be found at even lower BR’s.

To achieve notable improvements a significant reduction in BR is needed, like it has been done with the Do 217’s. Thats why I would start with at least a reduction to 3.7 and then observe if another reduction is needed.

You really going to do germany like that? I mean, i get that the Tiger 1h moves back to 5.7. Imo that tank never should have gone down in br in the first place. But why move up the entire 5.7 line to 6.0? Sure german tanks aren’t bad. But upping the br of everything doesn’t make sence. How do you expect uptiered players to face the IS3/ american T34 at 7.0 for example? A panther or tiger can’t do anything about those man. This really feels like the classic 1 step foward, 2 steps back again…
As for the other tanks, some changes i get and some don’t. But i really feel like this (not only talking about the german tanks) is really going to mess up the dynamic flow of the game and taking the challenge of facing specifict tanks out of it especially at mid br.

And speaking of the VIDAR, why only up that to 8.0? it can still dominate taking it into 8.7 where it should be at minimum!

Think this through again before you mess up the entire flow of the game man.

1 Like

You’re strawmanning my argument, on purpose. IS-3 levels of protection are much better than Tiger II’s in relation to full downtiers and to tanks at the same BR, in part because - no matter what protection analysis will show you - its side armour is volumetric hell, unless you have a perfect shot at the idler wheel. That is not the case with other heavies, because, as you yourself have stated, the norm is that

There is no guarantee broadside shots will kill IS-3s even when you’re playing with much bigger (wartime) guns than a Pz IV’s. That’s not something that a lot of tanks get to say. It also makes the most viable counterstrategy to +1BR heavies (flanking it) much dicier, because it might well not work.

In any case, all of this is sort of moot because, even if Tiger II and IS-3 had identical armour profiles relative to their BRs, I’m always in favour of more decompression, and would not be against several current 5.7s not seeing Tiger IIs, provided that in turn Tiger IIs didn’t see many early cold war tanks (and so on for everything that follows). Most of these BR changes seem to undo several of the steps taken to decompress this BR range earlier this year. The M26 being the most egregious of the proposed changes for me.

In any case, I renew the invitation to squad up, because if you’re having such an easier time with the Sla, I’m definitely eager to see how you use it, and hopefully learn myself.

Ah, I had no idea. Thanks for the info!

my points exactly. The Chinese 8.7 counterparts to the T55AM’s are perfect where they should be. They only have better pen on their dart rounds due to the barrel length and calibre. Other than that they have worse armour (no composite) and gaijin wants to move them to 9.0?? Hell i love the T55AM’s and they aren’t the best at 8.7 either, they are just good enough to get by.

2 Likes

The Kugelblitz and the Ozelot should both be 0.3 BR lower than they are right now.

The Kugelblitz is just not viable enough against Jets and doesn’t fit into any lineup for Germany.

The Ozelot should be at 9.3 like all the other SPAA with Anti-Air-Missiles only from the other nations. It would then fit perfectly into the 9.3 lineup.

Edit: I see now that even Sweden has a missile SPAA now at 9.3, why not the Ozelot too?

4 Likes

BMP-2M is already at 10.0 with PUMA and 2S38

So the Tiger H needs to be 6.0 too since the Churchill VII will see it in the full uptier.

I believe you can pen the Tiger when falling off a cliff and aiming for the roof, of course it is AP so a large cliff and multiple shots for all the crew to make sure.

2 Likes

Most people are calling for massive nerfs for Russian and German vehicles with incredibly stupid arguments, no one has said anything about US vehicles or other nations. How about I say US vehicles need to be nerfed but everyone will scream like Reddit.

T18E2: 3.0 with OP gun, move it to 4.0
M4A2: Why is that thing still 4.0 and not moved up to 4.3?
M24 Chaffee: need go up to 4.0
T14: need go to 5.0 too
T55E1: incredibly fast light vehicle with 76mm gun at 4.3, go to 5.0
T1E1 & M6: They both at 5.0 and need move up to 5.3 or 5.7
M36B2: 5.7 with HEAT-FS, move that thing to 6.0 or 6.3
M4A3E2: Still at 5.3, but German cats moved up. How about moving this jumbo to 5.7 or 6.0?
M50 & M56: Both are still 6.7 with HEAT-FS, how about move them both to 7.0 or 7.3?
T29: Super OP at 7.0, Gaijin tried to nerf T29 to 7.3 but canceled because the main US mains cried a lot. How about nerf it again?
XM8: This thing got a new, better round, but still 9.7? Move it to 10.0
M1128 & Wolfpack: Stupidly OP at 10.0 with best thermals and 105mm round. Move it to 10.7 or 11.0
M1 Abrams & KVT: best MBT at 10.3, move it to 10.7
AGS: Its broken at 10.3, move it to 10.7
M1A1 & IPM1: Both are 11.0 and still use the best rounds, move them to 11.3
M1A1 HC: 11.3 is not enough, move it to 11.7
M1A1 AIM: same as above. move it to 11.7

Helis:

AH-1G: 8.0 isnt enough, move it to 8.3
AH-6M & OH-58D: 10.3? No it should move to 10.7
YAH-64 & AH-64A: is still op, should be max BR 11.7

Air:

XP-50: Many people asked this BR nerf for a while, still at 4.0 and not moving up. Move it to 5.0
F4U-4B: Was 6.0 before but moved back 5.7? Why? Move it back to 6.0 or higher.
F2G-1: Super engine on a Corsair at 6.0, Move it back to 6.3
F-104A & C: Both are 9.3 Starfighters, what the hell? Move it to 9.7
A-4E Early & Israel variants: Still 8.7 with guided bombs, move it to 9.3 or 9.7
AV-8 Harrier: Disgusting OP at 9.7 with AAMs and flares, move it to 10.3
A-10A Early: OP at 10.0 in ground rb with guided weapons, Move it to 10.7 or 11.0
A-10A Late: OP at 10.3 in ground rb with guided weapons & 4 AAMs, Move it to 11.3
A-6E TRAM: 10.3 is not enough and its stupidly op on ground rb, move it to 11.0
A-7: all of them need go to 11.0
F-8E: OP at 10.3 in air, move it to 10.7
F-5C, F-5A: both ruined 10.3 air rb, move it to 10.7
F-5E: why was it moved back to 10.7? Move it back to 11.0
F-4S: Best phantom and ofc its a prem at 11.3, move it to 12.0
F-14A Early: stupidly OP at 11.7, move it to 12.3
F-14B: Move that thing goddamn to 13.0
F-16A: Both are 12.0 and still not enough, move them both to 12.7
F-16C: 12.3 best fighter and cas ingame, move it to 13.0 or higher

3 Likes

ZTZ88:

Both of these are against heat charges and ERA does better job at it.

ATGM is much less reliable, much less damaging. APDSFS is much better improvement.

So in your perspective Churchill NA75 equals to KV-1 L-11?

Great, yet no one mentions Turm III and Object 279 staying where they are. What a joke.

3 Likes

SUB-I-II to at least 5.7, maybe 6.0.

It might have the exposed gunner but as a TD it is a menace and, though not by me, has very good AA capabilities (as with many of these similar cannon).

Meanwhile the Skink going up again is a bit of an odd one.

1 Like

sub 1-2 got a massive hp buff a few months ago aswell. It should go up or remove dm63

The platform is quite stable and so if it cannot pen a vehicle it faces usually dismantling the enemy gun and tracks is complete in little time.

And one of those lowish BR Chinese SPAA surprised me when I was taking out Panthers and Tigers!