Planned Battle Rating changes for January 2024

StuG III Ausf. A: 2.3 → 2.0: The Pz IV Ausf. F1 has full 50mm frontal armor, the StuG III Ausf. A (even tho thats incorrect) has only 30mm Hull armor and no turret, overall in general the average thick armor at 2.0-2.3 is 50mm but for the main drawbacks the StuG III Ausf. A can be placed at 2.0 for greater line ups, as well as to avoid the big Power increase at 3.3 (M4A1, T-34 and Pz IV Ausf. F2) where also the StuG III Ausf. F is.

3 Likes

It is a great plane, one of my favorites and I also have good stats on it but I think 6.7 is too much…

2 Likes

Yeah 209 mm of pen aint doing shi against object 279

47 Likes

The 1.0 bump in BR for the Type 81 vs 0.3 in the Strela is a bit wierd.

Like im guessing people mostly use the 81 with the 11.0 lineup of Japan anyways and it changes very little, but id preffer letting people bring the vehicle at a appropriate BR instead of plonking where the lineup for it exists

23 Likes

What the hell is this, half of the ground changes are French vehicles getting uptiered, half of them deserved DOWNTIERS, gl using a 90mm that’s barely competitive at its own BR with now guaranteed chances to constantly face T-55AM1s and Leo A1A1s and the likes.
Awful changes for french ground, this almost feels like satire.

Thank you at least for the slight air RB decompression.

89 Likes

if i might ask what is the reason for the f15’s to stay at 12.3 and not be upped to 12.7 for the f15A i understand but i dont understand it for the f15J and baz

2 Likes

J-8F need PL-8B(with IRCCM) at 12.0 and maybe some Israel Python 3 carrier should have Python 4
Python 3 is really easy to be flared and make them so weak in uptiers

17 Likes

I’m 99% sure that it’s typical major/minor stat problem. If any major nation had tansam, it would only be raised by 0.3-0.7, for the average level of players on it would be lower and stat would be worse.

6 Likes

Highest Ground Vehicles atm are at 11.7 while highest Air Planes will be moved to 12.7.
Since we are already close to the Limits what the Reality can offer at Ground Vehicles but not in Airplanes how will this be handled in War Thunders + - 1.0 BR Matchmaker?
Can future Air Planes no longer be played in GRB?

8 Likes

Gaijin where is at least 12.0 for ground? Multiple BRs are too compressed at the moment.

31 Likes

Forget Leos, they’ll now be able to face Object 279s in uptiers…

12 Likes

What is better on BAZ vs the American F-15?
Would always rather take the AIM-9M over Python 3s

2 Likes

I would recommend AGAINST asking for top tier ground brs to be raised right now as that would just push them up alongside top tier air BRs, with current 11.7 AA systems being largely hopeless against 12.7s

4 Likes

So do I.
Before the buffs it wasn’t even 4.7 worthy flight performance wise.

So BAZ should get Python 4 with IRCCM

4 Likes

Why is the Sagittario going to 9.3? Its just a worse Ariete but now at the same br

15 Likes

as far im aware the F15A went for trials for hmd, just like the gripen, it should be able to get them based on gaijin thinking

4 Likes

That would be super cool yes

Rename it to F-15C late or something

And historical

1 Like