Planned Battle Rating changes for January 2024

Tornado MFG and IDS WTD 11.0 > 10.3 RB

They are performing horribly since their addition, in Air RB.
The Tornado MFG and the premium version of it should be moved down to 10.3 or 10.7. especially after you all nerfed the hell out of the TWO sorry-ass aim9Ls they carry .
The F-5C at 10.3 outperforms the German Tornados easily

3 Likes

Thought it was 4.7. Fair enough. Id be happy with it at 4.7, I just dont want it 5.0 because britian has a lot of 4.7 destroyers

Changes for air sim look good overall. I’d suggest reducing the BR of the F-104.ASA in sim from 11.0 to 1.07 though. It’s weapons are decent, but it has no ability to dogfight, and since the RWR changes it also has little ability to defend itself from the radar missiles it faces, as it only gets notified of pings and no information on which direction the ping is coming from. Combined with the fact that both friendly and enemy radar will trigger it, this makes the RWR functionally useless. The new changes would leave it facing PD radar-guided missiles constantly, with no real way to defend itself.

1 Like

There are some good changes, but also some questionable ones.

12.7 is one of those good changes, but my main question is if Gaijin is planning on doing anything about top tier ground?

It’s just not fun. Both having to dealing with the huge amount of lesser skilled players and having to fight tanks like the Strv 122s and 2A7V that are significantly better than what you are driving.

I think it’s best to either make all Strv 122s and the 2A7V 12.0 or buff other MBTs to their level. Or a combination of both.

1 Like

69IIG 9.0 → 8.7
This is a firepower first MBT with poor maneuverability and protection performance, only slightly better in terms of CE protection. Its KE protection is similar to ZTZ69 (only increasing by 5mm). But apart from firepower, the 69IIG is completely inferior to the T55AM series in other aspects.

M60TTS (CN) 9.0→8.7
It lacks ERA and M774 compared to the US version, but it has the same BR, so the CN version should be downgraded to 8.7

PLZ-83 6.3 → 6.0
PLZ-83 is equivalent to a weakened version of 2S3M, without high yield grenades and armor piercing shells, and its loading speed is not outstanding among grenade trucks with 6.3BR

J8F 11.7 → 11.3 or temporary PL11 and PL8B should be given in order to achieve 11.7 → 12.0

J8F’s PL8 is not particularly prominent in 11.7, which is equivalent to a high overload version of 9L. Having only HMD and PL8 cannot establish itself in 12.0. Temporary PL11 (replaced with PL12 later) and PL8B should be given, otherwise it should be reduced to 11.3

A6E 10.3 → 10.7
A6E is an absolute OP at 10.3BR! 10.3 SPAA without radar command line aiming, 10.3BR ground SPAA almost unable to shoot down A6E

Strela-10M 9.3 → 10.0
Infrared lock mode has a hit rate of almost 100% within effective range, and no aircraft can escape within Strela-10M’s range. It is an absolute OP at 9.3BR

17 Likes

These changes should be all they need. Unfrotunately 9Ls plus fast platform (with no bombs) is tough to balance.

But there is a better solution than BR changes for the Tornado

1 Like

Great changes, you should move the current 12.0s to at least 12.3 aswell.

mig-29a is currently a complete joke. I’d rather fly my Mig-23MLD. R-27ER is much better than r24 at high alt but at current meta nobody cares about BVR. in the meantime r24r is almost as fast as r27er at sea level in 10km range and Mig-23MLD has mti mode
plus, N019 is garbage

2 Likes

A lot of really good changes! However I’d like to suggest a few more:

Italian F-104G 10.7 > 10.3
But why move it down? How about the other F-104Gs? Well this F-104G only gets two AIM-9J sidewinders and no smart munitions and it being 10.7 is slightly unfair. The Chinese F-104G could also benefit with the addition of flares or a decrease in battle rating but since it gets four AIM-9J it can be viable at its current BR with a very passive playstyle.

F-104S 11.0 > 10.7
It is essentially identical to the Japanese F-104 but with the addition of flares which might save you once or twice but the F-104S is still just too unmaneuverable. If you want to use the AIM-7E (Not even the dogfight variant) you have to trade your gun and use a very unreliable radar which isn’t that much of a fair tradeoff.

A-10A Early 10.0 > 10.3
But why? You may be asking. While yes it gets two less AIM-9L, it gets a much more potent Air-to-Ground loadout, being able to use not only the (in my opinion) superior AGM-65B (because of the lack of a targeting pod and bad zoom of the 65D) but also the ability to mount the GBU-8 bomb alongside it is worth it in my opinion.

F-16D Barak II Should stay at 12.3 or Recieve Python 4 AAM
If it does recieve the Python 4, I believe that it would be best if it had reduced flare resistance to balance out its capabilities
While yes, it is an F-16 with AIM-9M it doesn’t have good fire and forget CAS options making it difficult to play in a contested airspace. It has a heavier airframe which also has its center of gravity further forward making it even worse at maneuvering. There’s just no way this is equal to the Su-27 or F-16C.

Strela 9.3 > 10.0
It just has no right being able to face 8.7 jets and helicopters. It is superior to stinger equipped systems and even gets a machinegun(seriously don’t underestimate how useful it can be)!

Improved Chaparral (US) 9.3 > 9.7
For one simple reason. Smokeless missiles. While yes its seeker might be weak and easy to flare, you can’t flare or dodge something you can’t see!

Also another thing I would personally love to see is the Addition of the Shafrir 2 AAM to the Israeli Vautour IIN. Since it got its ground spawn it has been pretty miserable as a bomber and the Shafrir 2 would likely make it viable as something other than a waste of RP (giving people a reason to grind it and even be unfoldered) and making it unique would be something I would love to see.

One final thing, as far as I’m aware the British AEC Mk. II had access to APCR as well as APDS ammunition which would be pretty fun additions to this unique collector’s vehicle, they might not significantly boost its performance but it would be a nice unique feature that would make it stand out (and even make it a more viable scout at higher tier games)

20 Likes

Regardless of where you put early MiG-29 variants, they will continue to see aim-9m carriers. However, with uptiering them, they can be isolated from current 11.3 aircraft.

yeah, no one care Mig29A😢

we need an option to turn off EEGS (Enhanced Envelop Gun Sight) once and for all!

1 Like

oh you recalled me, plz let the chinese F104G to 10.3 or just give it flares, i think it is the highest BR plane without flares

12.7 ARB being introduced is great, but certain tanks going up is not something I agree with. T-95, AML-90 (with all its variants), Somua SM AMX-50 TO90/930 should not go up. The French tanks already struggle at 7.7 with all the stabs and APFSDS that making them go against 9.0 would just end them. Please, revert the changes for these specific tanks, but keep 12.7.

4 Likes

trun off your radar

1 Like

When will the PVE mode be adjusted? We have so much changes for the br, but still the old PVE rooms

2 Likes

Does it matter tho? Japan has a line up for neither 10.0 or 10.3, unless you like to constantly uptier your Type 74’s and type 16.

From what I’ve seen the MiG-29As would be much better with R-73s, the issue is that the SMT already exists. Adding the R-73s to the MIG-29As would ultimately lead to the MiG-29SMT being rarely if ever used. Perhaps you could limit loadouts or something like that with the R-73s (Maybe do something similar to the Yak-141 with it’s R-27ERs only being used on the inner pylons?)

@Smin1080p : either Mirage 2000CS5 and CS4 got to 12.0 Or either stands to 11.7

If not 11.7, i hope that 12.0 MIRAGE 2000C’s will see the MAGIC-2 fixed with IRL performances, that several Bug-Reports are talking about (50G at short ranges, and IRCCM real values[MiG-23M bug report have not seen all the values being implemented])

I have nothing else to say About Mirage 4000 or 2000-5F.

I also ask the Super Étendard to be 11.7:

• fix radar (numerical system = more powerful → basic electronics)
  • give R.550 and AS.30L

Super étendard at 11.7 ? You mean 10.7 right ?