Planned Battle Rating changes for April 2024

Rarely is these days

Source?!!!?!!??

Just nerf the reload on the T-34 1941 instead of moving it up.

It’s silly that it reload in 6.9s in the most cramped two-man turret in existence, while a Pz IV in a much more spacious three-man turret reloads in 5.9s.

The T-34 1942 has better RoF and a better armored turret, so it makes no sense to again put them on the same BR.

Just nerf the reload rate, it’s historical and “reload rate is based on vehicle balance” remember?

3 Likes

Also, if you are going to move down planes in br move down the G91Y, the hunter F1 and the Mysteries/sambad they struggle a lot in 9.0

8 Likes

2s38 is also the best spaa at it’s br, it has literally everything and should be 11.0 at the very least. And basically same goes for the UD and the turms, that are just better vehicles than what is in the tree at the same br range. It’s premium bias, nothing else.

3 Likes

I could give you the replay if I can find them, both battles were like 1-2 months ago. if I find them, then, I need to be sure the replays are compatible with the current version.
I’ll look it for a bit. let you know when I find, one should be I ate the apfsds right in the middle of the leopard 2A5’s turret RHAs.

1 Like

2S38 is an Strv 9040C with:
-60mm more pen
-Air target tracking (Strfs ar still missing it for whatever reason)
-4 hp/t more
-Twice as fast turret rotation speed (60 vs 34 º/s)
-Three times as high vertical gun elevation angle (75º vs 27º)
-Unmanned turret.
-Black hole fuel tank at the front that eats all spalling and even whole shells.
-Autobounce UFP.
-Commander thermals.
-Higher quality thermals.

So, leaving aside your little oversights…

24 Likes

you may have forgotten about it’s full stab tho, while there’s very much no other vehicle with stabilized gun

well, besides Cent Mk.2

Stronger engines give it better performance.
Additional 30 mm MK 103s improve firepower drastically and wing cannons have more ammunition than center mounted ones.
Can carry bombs like A-1 without having the weaker 15 mm cannons.

Only M36s and M36B1 received a mobility buff, M36B2s have not, and are in my opinion sidegrades to the other M36s due to their noticeably inferior mobility.

17 pounder has good penetration characteristics but it lacks the explosive filler of the aforementioned cannons (Edit: and I forgot, the accuracy is noticeably worse as well, same when compared to the US 76 mm). They end up 1.0 lower than the M4A3 (76) because the M4A3 (76) is just that much better with superior mobility, overall reload, explosive filler, stabilizer, and gun depression.

4 Likes

Just noticed sabre situation and its pretty bad bad.
F-40 sabre stay at 9.0 but rest moves down. CL 13B Mk.6 same br as F-40 shouldnt be a thing give it got so much more thrust. If you move CLs down move F-40 down. or dont move them at all. Doing one and not other isnt nice for that game.
My another feedback is that either decompress brs or just leave Sabres brs alone.
Italian CL 13 Mk.4 should be same rb as A-5 Sabre as well since it has its level of performance.
Fj-4 also not the best planes but never gets moved down maybe take a look at it.

More importantly, the 2S28 can look up. Effectively making it a better SPAA than the lvkv90 if you ignore the radar.

In terms of survivability tho, Cv-9040C definitely better

Edit:
I see now that my addition was listed.

I will note tho the Lvkv-9040C does have a laser range finder bug that makes that function unusable against helicopters or other long range horizon targets.

1 Like

Primary concerns:

The T-80UD, Obj 292 and 2S38 all need to go up to 10.3 at a minimum. 2S38 would be fine at 10.7. All 3 of these are vastly more powerful than anything else at their current BR; the T-80U hulls have superior armor, the UD has a fast reload and K5 on top of excellent composite, and the 292 has the composite and overwhelming firepower. The 2S38 is categorically superior to every other IFV in the game and its BR should reflect that.

Would be nice:

The M60A1 AOS, RISE(P) and TTS remain the weakest tanks in the game at their respective BRs. This can be helped by considering the M60A1 AOS to be a RISE+ and giving it M735, putting it in line with the T-55A, its primary opponent. The M60A1 RISE(P) should receive M774, giving parity with M111 found on Magach 6 series, and the M60A3 TTS should receive M833, giving parity with the T-62M. None of these shells are overpowered for their BR, and the US M60 series is categorically worse than almost everything they face. They all used these shells in service, they can get them in-game.

The FJ-4B should be reclassified to “Naval fighter” and moved in the tree if necessary. As a strike aircraft, it is completely irrelevant with the existence of the A-4B and A-4E. Reclassifying it as a fighter not only reflects its historical role as a fighter-bomber, but allows it to serve as an upgrade to the F9F-8 in the missile-carrying fighter capacity, which the US otherwise does not get until 9.3.

Fox and M551(76) moving up are good changes, and decompressing subsonic air is probably for the best. Please consider these changes to further help highly compressed areas of gameplay and balance out historically underperforming tanks.

9 Likes

firefly also has 1 less crew member, making it easier to kill and having overall less crew performance.

The 2S38 is a 9040C with more pen, better AA round, IR-tracking, higher acceleration and vastly faster turret traverse. (and some other small things i won’t get into here).
i’m curious about your answer to my calculations done here.

Why super hellcat is 6.7? Is makes no sense!

4 Likes

RazerVon being disingenuous? No way!

3 Likes

You forgot to move all the challenger 2s down after your “fixes” made it even worse.

6 Likes

I’d like to add that the 2S38 has a unmanned turret, frontal fuel tanks, and very angled UFP, so in certain situations it can be highly survivable.

Though it only makes up a small portion of frontal silhouette, I bounce on the UFP surprisingly often. It’s the natural height I tend to aim at.

3 Likes

Limited to 35° up, wich is stupid, and a bug reported since long time , still there.
(link to the report : Community Bug Reporting System )

And while German and US Roland enjoy a Tracking radar (wich is… A French one…) the French Roland don’t have it.

Good to see it going down since it’s a downgrad, but it would have be better if Gaijin actually doing work and putting it on par with others, removing the buged limited aim, and giving it it’s OWN tracking radar.

Perhaps they put it down in BR for prepare the place to a soon to come Roland 2 with all theses upgrades/bug corrected. But searching a full new high tier vehicle just for a tracking radar and more °… Meh.

20 Likes

The AOS is much better than the T-55A IMO and probably the best 8.3. M735 is roughly equivalent to DM23, meaning the AOS would need 9.0 to match the A1A1. 3BM25 literally has 1mm extra penetration over 3BM8, and is lower penetration than M728.

1 Like