Why can’t P108A’s AP shell penetrate heavier pillboxes? What are they made of?
Which ammo you used?
AP-T from armored targets belt, perfectly kills “light pillboxes”, but no effect on “pillboxes”.
you need to hit the window i think
idk why nothing else works
U need to hit the roof and HE shells are better
I don’t know any cannon/ammo able to destroy pillboxes (the squarish ones). Light pillboxes instead can be destroyed with any cannon, only belt and amount matters.
TBH I am using AP and aim for the doors/firing points. But did not tried it with P108
Eyyy - another enthusiast 👍
I spaded my P 108 A a few weeks ago, but as i flew it as very heavy fighter and killed otherwise mainly ai tanks.
Imho you should clarify your op - most people are not aware of the difference between the classic “light pillbox” and the “pillbox” - especially as the much more armored “heavy” pillboxes are rather rare and placed just on a handful of maps.
It boils down that you need (at least based on my knowledge) a bomb in the 250 kg class to destroy a pillbox. In the old forum were often interesting things like spread sheets which targets require which weapon to destroy - the heavy pillbox like on Operation Uranus map are imho not killable with cannons.
Have a good one!
I remember the time I spaded my A10 late, I needed on Uranus most of the time two AGM-65 to kill one of these pillboxes.
Yeah, exactly this one, there were 2 P.108A in the battle and we killed everything on the ground apart from those heavier pillboxes and enemy aerodrome AA)
Hits don’t even register on “pillboxes”, light pillboxes aren’t an issue, you can kill them even with 12.7 Brownings.
I spaded mine years ago) actually I’ve always loved to play as a ground attacker in air RB, sometimes even winning games singlehandedly in P.108A and G.91 (Hydras were easy to use in the past, even without ballistic computer), when enemy wasn’t interested in me.
Yesterday, I decided to revisit P.108A, because of announced DM changes for bombers, first tried it in Naval RB, but attacking USS Aylwin, my plane burned up within seconds. Next battle was in ARB, Operation Uranus, but I didn’t encounter a single enemy, also was too busy fighting enemy ground targets 😆
Yeah, the “Heavy Pillboxes” you are referring to demand at least a 250kg bomb if not a 500kg bomb to reliably kill.
And overbearing AI-controlled AAA fire renders all the big-gun ship killers virtually unusable, which is incredibly sad to see. Supposedly also the P.108A should be able to carry the three-torpedo loadout of the bomber version because its the same plane.
Wait, are they called “heavy pillboxes” in ENG? Sorry for confusion, I use RU language and they are “лёгкий дот” (light pillbox) and “дот” (pillbox).
No, I personally call them that because they’re more heavily armored than the “Light Pillbox” targets on most other maps. Their official name is just “Pillbox” and nothing else. Apologies for the confusion.
If someone writes “heavy pillbox” you can be sure it’s the pillbox, because he didn’t forgot the “light” writing only pillbox. So it’s not correct but more precise.
Does someone has more info on why 150mm cannot pen a pillbox? :D
Maybe because there is not such cannon in game…
I’m sorry, I meant the one in the P108, is it 100mm? I’m not in the game rn so I cannot check
Okay, after a simple mistake of cannon caliber, my question remains
Because GJN designed it that way, easy as that.
