Paper Vehicles: Should they be added, or forgotten?

And F-16AJ has a chance of being removed once F-16A OSU is added.

@xxIRONHEAD787xx
It has more impact than saying “bigoted”. I’m sick of the hate for vehicles more than anything else.
Besides, it’s off topic so we shouldn’t let GNDM’s attempted derailment stick.

What he is saying is valid to this discussion, therefore he is not trying to derail it.

YOU however, are attempting to derail this discussion.

Like god, where did Racism come from eh?

I don’t have much of a problem with paper vehicles so long as they are necessary and they were advanced enough to a point where a lot of the technical details were known/estimated even if the vehicle hadn’t been fully finished and tested.

2 Likes

What about vehicles like the O-I, and the other IJA vehicles?

Just saying “other IJA vehicles” isn’t very helpful because there are a lot of vehicles that were being developed and were at different “stages” towards their prototype phase.

Besides that I do not know too much about Japanese paper ground vehicles, so it’s just hard for me to say either way.

By other I mean the other Super heavies, my bad.

Oh right.
I’m past caring what Gaijin do with nations and vehicles.I’ll be honest.Gaijin broke ranks with reality long ago.Vehicles are all just a collection of pixels.it’s how Warthunder uses those pixels that is the issue.I have bowed to the will of the Warthunder masses and finally abandoned the notion of immersion and realism so by all means slap a fantasy vehicle in to match all the others.

I see no real argument either way which isn’t contradicted a hundred times.Every post about new vehicles and nations seems pointless while the maps are in the shocking state they are in and BR issues are abundant.

It’s not off topic it’s just the same feelings and answer for every Vehicle related topic,not interested while the game is such a mess.It’s like buying new slot racers while the track is broken.

5 Likes

I personally mald at Kronshtadt existing but its not as bad as fighting Scharnhorst but it was handle meh for me in terms of guns quite a bit. As for malding at YAK 141 having some fake stuff its pretty stupid. While its going past the CMs for everyone even if they didn’t have them its not like it changes stuff super much and probably is accounted in the br somewhat.

Let me sound more positive.Yeah go for it why not?

1 Like

Flakpanzer 341 Please :D

Do you have any suggestions on how this could be implemented tho?

What are you talking about?
Gaijin adds prototypes & production vehicles. No ranks broken.
Not even F-16AJ is anything other than the YF-16 that fired AIM-7s repainted.

@warrma
People complain about Yak-141, but never complained about Kikka, Ar 234, Narval, VB1002, J7W1, Swift F7, Ho-229, or XP-50.

1 Like

Panther 2 Please :D

2 Likes

Because those were combat ready

No they weren’t.
Every aircraft I listed weren’t fitted with guns/missiles IRL.

2 Likes

You need to add what you actually create, not what exists only on the blueprint. However, the Yak-141 took off. Japanese F-16s also took to the skies. In the end, Japan did not adopt these and did not produce them…I don’t know about Kronstadt (lol)

just looking into my pants … he … for sure ^^

Assuming I’m understanding you.My take would be that I might prefer a paper vehicle in era with those around it over an genuinely out of era vehicle so simply use paper vehicles to fill gaps in tech trees.
I mean how much of a crime is it to use paper vehicles for Sweden when they haven’t fought a war?

Warthunder needs to issue a statement on where it is with realism and immersion currently because the entire player base is speaking on its behalf currently and we are hearing all sorts of contradictions and arguments.There are requests for the return of some paper and prototype vehicles already on the forum I see. The Maus would never have made it to the battlefield yet it’s in game.

you forget how broken the Object 279 is. It can absorb 120mm APFSDS rounds.

2S38: Broken because it rapid fires APFSDS and can pen anything frontally.

1 Like

I think we, as players, may as well get used to the idea. As it would seem that at some point in the future, they are going to start running “thin” on new stuff to add, so . . . paper/blueprint/prototype vehicles shouldn’t be ruled out . . imho. Besides it is a video game and liberties are gonna be taken here & there anyway, for various reasons. But as a “collector” of sorts, I do not mind these types of vehicles being added . . . as long as no X-wings or Tie Fighters, ya know?? . . … lol

1 Like