Panzer 4 vs Sherman vs T-34

What point are you trying to make?

just answer.

Only the APDS can pen the Tiger II at those distances. So for obvious reasons the APDS will deal more damage.

Actually hitting though is the US 76 mm because it just actually lands where you’re aiming consistently.

you have to “lead” alot more with the 76mm.

I dont believe the stats you mentioned nor do I believe it really makes much of a tangible difference even if it was true.
Have you used the 84mm?
105?
120?
because they are awesome guns yet i presume your gonna magic up some numbers and say otherwise.

Ahem.

Read. WW2 tank cannons.

Those are not WW2. I explicitly excluded them because they are indeed accurate, or at least more accurate.

Oh, and if you want to point out that that message is edited, here’s the edit I made.

So from the very start, I was only talking about the WW2 cannons.

Ok fair enough.
All things aside, have a go with the 17lber, it really is the nuts, dont get hung up on those stats.
p.s - The Sherman Firefly nor the avenger have apds the other 17lbers do though.

I’m going to answer to some other things now.

Except it is identical in dispersion compared to the 6 pounder, both at 0.12 degrees. The Russian 57 mm even has far higher velocity, so using the same logic that you used comparing 17 pounder APDS to US 76 mm APCBC it should be more accurate than the 6 pounder. In reality, they are both equally inaccurate, the only difference is that you have to account further for range in the 6 pounder.

Why does the BR of the Churchill matter when this is about the accuracy of the cannon that the Churchill has? Something that all other 6 pounder cannons share?

The 17 pounder is less accurate than the US 76 mm, but has to account less fo range.

In other words: It’s easier to get your sight on target with the 17 pounder than it is with the US 76 mm, but if both sights are on target, the US 76 mm is far more likely to hit. One aspect is more related to player skill (being able to tell distances), while the other is purely RNG.

Do you have the M41 light tank with APDS unlocked? Compare the APDS of the 17 pounder to the M41’s APDS.

accounting for range does contribute to accuracy in my eyes, also in conjunction with the applicable rounds.
The russian 57 and Brit 57 are very different imo.

in terms of the churchill- yeah ok i agree.

As i say, i’m not getting behind your numbers, nothing against you but i’m not for many reasons.

No substitute for experiencing them yourself which again I urge you to do, for fun ofc, nothing more.

I see what you mean, but that is a 6.3 vehicle.

French SA-50. 200 pen AP punches WAY above its BR. in any other nation it would be OP, but most of the french list is WAY overteired (looking at you, EBRs). much slower than other shermans and no stab, but it can ufp panthers with no issue.

They increased the EBR’s br a while back because the community requested it and said it was too op.
Gaijin gives in to them - here we are.
Then people say Gaijin doesn’t listen. . .
This happens ALL the time with warthunder and the community, very few actually see it though.

The US 76 is nothing like the 17pdr

People were complaining about the EBR (1963). NO ONE was complaining about the 1951. Its a short 75 vehicle at 5.3 ffs.

Much the same way as no one has been complaining about franch for a long time but almost the ENTIRE french mid teir just got moved up. Even the bad tanks like the batchat got moved to BRs where they are nearly non-viable. Its absurdity at this point.

Except it used to have the same dispersion as the 17 pounder, which if you were to actually read that entire exchange, you’d know it was all about dispersion and accuracy.

Oh, interesting. Ive looked at it before, but honestly disregarded it somewhat- I may try and grind france.

Honestly I would take the III/IV over it though- Basically has the armor of a heavy tank frontally, excellent mobility, and out of all the 75’s I find the american one the most reliable… and it has no MG port weakspot.

Ngl should go to 4.0

I read it and its and odd comparison.

I just had an Aphasia trying to read that 8-word response.

Aphasia is a sign of brain damage. Certainly sums you up.

1 Like

No way is the M4’s 75 better than the lol penning panzer 4 gun. With smart positioning Panzer 4 is unstoppable

With no issue? The APCBC seems to have pretty high issue doing that from what I can tell. Even at 160 meters, facing the Panther directly from the front, I only got non-pens in this test.

Maybe at extremely close range you’ll go through, but the damage will be highly inconsistent (damage on solid shot depends on, among other things, the leftover penetration of the shot), and the Panther would have to be not angled in the slightest.