Pantsir-S1

I have no idea. I want to say it was dependent on a second vehicle to provide radar or something. I remember it being discussed on the forums before. But again. I dont know much about the other TTs

It was dependent on another vechile but this the other vechile can be connected to the MIM-23 only causing a decrease in gun depression off the front

But anyways to you know british SPAA because you were talking about the tornado. If you do what would you like to see in the british tech tree because I never hear there prospective?

This might be a little stronger than the pansir. I also fucking love the name the SLAMRAAM I know it means surface launch Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile but I just hear it as SLAM-RAM which is a fitting name for what these missiles would do to aircraft. lol

No. 2x1 inch flares are standard size flares in War Thunder, of which F-15s can only carry up to 120 of them.
And F-15E can carry the 1x1 inch flares, which F-15s can carry 240 of them.
The other is 2x3 inch which F-15s can carry only 48 of them.
No chaff for any of those.

The only jet in-game and in real-life that cannot use 1x1 inch flares is F-4E, due to the ALE-40 system.

1 Like

Yeah, British TT is what I mostly know.

Within the context of SPAA, especially at top tier, we need 2 things.

1. An SPAA system of comproable performance to the ADATS, something like the Tracked Rapier to give us an actual SPAA system for top tier. Much like the US version, its classed as an ATGM launcher and so doesnt benefit from the reduced SP cost

2. A SPAA system that matches the Pantsir in terms of performance. Our best bet for that is a Supacat HVM outfitted with ASRAAM missiles. would have an effective range of up to 18km.

Supacat HVM with ASRAAM

We also could do with something to support/augment the Stormer HVM at 10.3. Its currently a tad on the buggy side and has some major limiations. That could be augmented by a version of the Stormer HVM that fires LMM or the Stormer Air Defence with stingers.

Another fun option could be the Land Rover with a Javelin:

Land Rover with Javelin

74TFvo8

Outside of SPAA, our ground tree really needs a decent higher tier IFV. Something like the Ajax. Our highest is the Warrior at 8.3 or Fox at 7.7. Would be good to have something that could compete with IFVs like 2S38, Puma, etc.

For air tree, mostly we just need what we have finished. Tornado has a dozen problems. Hoping for Sea Harrier FA2 next update and Typhoon later this year

With the 240 1x1 could I bring 120 flare and 120 chaff also could you bring a combination of the 1x1 and the bigger ones

You wouldn’t want to since War Thunder sees 1x1 and 2x1 inch flares as identical currently.

1 Like

Not much stuff left to be added at higher tiers, only worthy mention would be the Tracked Rapier

South Africa has a a variant of the ZA 35 with SAMs and the hilarious G6 Rhino Marksman

Other than that there are some fun conversions, like the Centaur AA, which is a Cromwell with a turret similar to that of the Crusader AA; or the Ratel AA, which would be a knock-off BTR

Cool those could be some great additions. Just one question did the British army use any humvees because if so there is one with stingers that you could get at 10.0.

I dont think so, but could be wrong, but kinda not needed with all the other stuff we’ve got for that BR.

The Land rover with Javelin would be quite good at 9.3 ish but usable higher up as well. Would fill that hole quite nicely

1 Like

The brits prefer their Humbers and Land Rovers

I mean like mentioned earlier the MIM-23 Hawk could be really good as well. If it does get added it would greatly out range the Pansir also properly going to be better at shooting down ATGM because it is a huge missile and I believe so is the fuse. A fact I found about its range and speed. The MIM-23 missile develops a speed of 2.4 Mach (approximately 800 m/s), which is enough to effectively counter cruise missiles and even aircraft. The range of the MIM-23 Hawk is about 50 kilometers . In addition, the system is capable of hitting targets at an altitude of up to 20 kilometers.

I think I’d prefer the Stinger Stormer over that, as we don’t have a SPAA with both a gun and a SAM launcher yet

I doubt that we’ll ever see that kind of anti air system, as gaijin seems to be against these multi-vehicle systems. However, if we were to get some, the brits do have their own system that is compareable to the Hawk.

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be good too. But blasting around the map in a Land rover would just be hysterical

1 Like

and you can’t even fly in the battlefield before Gaijin tells you to return within range of it lmao

They probably can. If not just make it a ground radar station. Not like it’ll matter much.

Yeah, very common… when useing 11.3, 8 out of 10 is in 11.7…
No, just Germany (they need to “suffer” :D)… all others have Gripens. :)

The missile has almost no pull at high ranges the stated pull is at closer ranges