Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

would the 540lb be on that list at all? And I’m definitely not against a buff to the TV guided stuff. For now I just want CCRP to be able to toss my bombs easier. Range would definitely be good.

I don’t think so, I don’t think any tornado had 540 unguided bombs, but yeah CCRP needs massive overhauls. We are missing the main flight director for it in the cockpit. Makes lofting a pain in the butt in SB. But overall the system hasn’t been updated since it was added I don’t think.

Hehe. Was at work

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t mind a model for them. Currently they have the 500lb model.
Range though would be good for this

3 Likes

You can do loft attacks. Just could be better

1 Like

With a distance marker it would be much easier.
8 bombs is a waste on one base. I’m just going to take 5 of each hi-drag and lo-drag to quickly destroy 2 bases. Although speaking of which the selector is terrible. Only going up in the 2^x instead of being variable. It’s just harder to be accurate when all of your bombs are dropping very quickly.

use the bomb series you can choose before spawning, deactivate the weapon selector mode, press drop bomb series once ready

You can use bomb series to drop 6x Mk83s which is the perfect amount. But yeah, that works too. I just like using ripple mode (which is 2, 4, 8, 16) so I just dump 2 too many.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/nugZ361FLvcc

That’s what we are missing for really accurate long range lofting in the tornado.

there was a suggestion about changing the amount of ripple quantity, which I really liked

would need to find it again tho

1 Like

I’ve put in a suggestion as well

3 Likes

yeah exactly that one

now i know why i didnt find it again, it was on the old forum XD

1 Like

Bookmarks ftw 😜

1 Like

you seem like a nice young man, one vote from me

lol

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

It seems like they did change that on the dev server from 500x300 to 1080x720 but then reverted the change again back to 500x300 with the update to the dev server recently

Is this a fix or a change from Tiald 400 to Tiald 500?

1 Like

Very interesting…

Nothing about resolution. Just zoom

That can arguably be more helpful considering you are usually locking onto targets up to 20kms away.

If only they would render 20km away…