Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Got anything about sniper?

Made sense when Gr7 was new why not, but now… feels unncessary.

Though on the other hand. If they give the Gr7 too many upgrades, the Gr9 would become almost entirely pointless, I already think 9Ms were a mistake for it

more and more TGP will be change to 2 gen thermal, where is GR7 sniper (copium)

4 Likes

So gen 3 it is then

That would be a shame.

There are two different thermal imagers used by TIALD depending on which version of the pod you are talking about.

Gajin plan chance targeting pod for Tornado GR.1 & Tornado IDS ASSTA 1 in next major update ?

Of course I mean TIALD 400

The latter seems to be the more likely.

1 Like

Thank god. Always thought it was weird that the quality was so bad

Ah yes, the gear im missing. My plane is a goner

Can anybody explain to me why the Tornado’s TIALD pod modification is called this?

Gr 1B is a version of the tornado. Main thing bout it was Anti ship missiles, but i guess it is worth noting by gaijin standards

Jag 1A also has it

I know the Jag has it but that’s because as far as I know only the Jaguar GR.1B carried a targeting pod and equiping it make you have an MFD in the cockpit

I guess i get it now. GR 1B was a mod to Jaguar that allowed it to carry TIALD. Gaijin just decided to do copy and paste
Yep
C&P
Why not from the Harrier?

This is starting to look like the Consistent Gaijin Inconsistency
combined with a bit of lazyness

2 Likes

Well, if it bothers you that much you can bugreport it. But im afraid that if they decide to fix it, it will break something.

Been meaning to report that. It’s nothing to do with Tornado GR.1B. It’s just the module was copied from the Jaguar GR.1A.

1 Like

thank you for clarrifying on this, I was already confused what the Maritime strike Tornado had to do with a Targeting Pod