Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

Hmm…

On

lists Aim-Li-1 so maybe

@Il_Signor_Regio might have better sources on this

Maybe tornado might have evidence have a mention but from some of the stuff I’ve seen it only mentions AIM 9L which could mean the 9L(i) but it doesn’t specify but if you can find more info on 9L (i) that would be great

Id have no idea where to even start looking for Italian or German sources

Well all i know is the DA7 make not mention of 9L(i) so i dont know info on it just seems scarce

Yep, only recent evidence has been found for Italian Tornado ADVs having SuperTEMPs

@SushiSlav might have some sources for Aim-9Li for Italian Tornados as well

1 Like

I doubt 9L(i) will ever be added

Probably not, like De-chipred Aim-9L. But at least Aim-9Li might mean Aim-9M for them at least

Yeah that seems what is happening as the Gripen never had 9Ms right

Hungarian Gripens I think did.

Czech ones too

1 Like

the AIM9LI/1 was implemented on all the Italian aircraft after 2001. There was a document mentioning it, but it’s a pretty well know fact (at least here).

3 Likes

So the Tornado IDS (1995) we ahve in game ,was that in service after 2001 or was it retired/replaced before then?

Interesting does it ever refer to the 9L(i) as just 9L

well it says 9LI/1

well the upgrade for the Italian tornado started in the 2002 so yeah the precedent model was in service when the 9L/I-1 was adopted

1 Like

Interesting nice find

Awesome. Well, heres hoping for AAM upgrades for all 3 current TT tornados (much more likely if they all can get the same/similar buff)

God I do love it when I put on a 500% booster and my radar decides it can’t lock a headon Mig 23 at 5km alt from 10km away. What on earth is that all about?

@Gunjob
Is there any possibility of the UK GR.1 receiving the MK103 engines? it would bring them in line with the other Tornados.