Panavia Tornado (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

The current FM has the same lift in both 45 & 25 degree sweeps as if the slats were deployed. So presently it is about as good as its going to get.

The slats fix is still to come but the FM won’t improve past what it is now for the most part.

The FM is wrong then, I updated my report, it’s still seriously underperforming at lower speeds.

3 Likes

I mean the FM isnt a complete joke now, you do actually stand a chance against Phantoms.

I’d like to see that happen tbh

anyway a fourth gen should be able to easily beat a third gen

I mean you can very easily

Just pay about 2k GE or 140,000RP and you’re sorted.

It’s called Skyflash SuperTEMP in case you’re interested 😂

The FM isn’t final, the current version is a temporary one until the new code for the slats is done. It was boosted to make it more flyable in the meantime, and has been that way for awhile now. Reporting it in its current state isn’t worth doing because the original FM report is still open with all the required data in it.

4 Likes

In the absence of Britain of I assume Britain getting absolutely nothing this update. I hope Tornado and Harrier work is done instead.

I love that name endlessly. a more friendly version would be Sky Slug. You’ve got Paul Tremelling to thank for that

I mean we got a sea harrier thats a copy paste so you know each to their own.

With it being finished now, gunna be fun in SB

Has anybody got the F-14 for some rwr testing?

@Gunjob It’s been too long without a Tornado bug report: Community Bug Reporting System

2 Likes

I take it no RWR warning panel when in cockpit with the Tornados either. So that might be another bug report

I love how we’re at the point where we’re putting pre-emptive bug reports in

I just realize that Tornado F.3 can also keep up with F-16C and MiG-29SMT by just add AIM-9 L/I and early AMRAAM
well same goes as JA-37D

1 Like

Dev datamined changes

No changes to Skyflash? Thing is incapable of tracking anything at the moment hitting a headon target at mid altitude is somehow a 50/50 coin toss.

This bug is also driving me absolutely nuts at the moment. Its been in the game since fuel tanks were added. but assumed it was a general bug with fuel tanks that would just get fixed.

Respawning (this is what is above) or landing and repairing/re-arming sometimes doesnt actually spawn 1 or either fuel tanks. So I have to sit on the runway and “reload” a second or I’ve even had a third time.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/UldktT9G6oiE

Well, theres a bug report. But I can barely give any details because its 100% random. But not a lot more I can do than that

How many aircraft are affected do you know? I haven’t experienced it myself.