OTOMATIC BR Nerf

yes but as in game as IRL the type 81(C) could work without the radar and could use the optical tracking of the missile, with some drawbacks obviusly.
I searched and the only vehicle i found for the italian TT is the Hungarian skyranger 30. Basically another KF41 with Mistral missile instead of Spike.

SIDAM mistral pt2

It does overheat by around 40 rounds.

1 Like

Italy can get Romanian OSA-AKM + Gepard with CA-94M missiles.

Then i must have a different client? In a testdrive i can shoot all 144 rounds without interruption.
The sound gets buggy (asynchronous) when the overheat should set in but the canon continues without any problem.
Or is this a testdrive only issue?

Ah, now you’re claiming that 2S38 needs to be brought down in BR. lol
2S38 and 9040C are both light tanks.
2S38 has a single feed mechanism and has always had a single feed mechanism. 2S38 has NEVER once had dual feed in War Thunder.

The only people that claim 2S38 is a SPAA are people that want to buff it in War Thunder, since it receiving SPAA designation would reduce its spawn points allowing it to always be a lower spawn point cost than all other light tanks, similar to Wiesel 1A4.

All vehicles are effected by the BR system, there are no double standards.

Luckily, my bug report about the OTOMATIC missing at least 26 APFSDS rounds currently was acknowledged, although who knows if it will be fixed in game: Community Bug Reporting System

I thought I already explained this to you back in May (I got my Xbox account transferred, “eqS729gYidXuT2BN” was my original SpeclistMain Xbox account)? There’s a difference between saying that the OTOMATIC “could” engage ground vehicles and it being designed to engage both ground and air targets.

The Lvkv 9040C has a 57mm APFSDS round, and a 57mm HE-VT round since when? The comparison doesn’t mean anything, obviously. The 2S38 also pens more in comparison to the 9040C than the OTOMATIC in comparison to the 2S38, so if anything it would make more sense for the OTOMATIC to be brought down due to its ammunition than the 2S38 staying where it is.

The OTOMATIC should be punished for implementing a real-life system for ammo swapping, when all other tanks in the game get to have it added to them just cause?

I mean that’s blatantly a double-standard.

Plus, I didn’t know all autoloaders in the game besides the OTOMATIC took 10-20 seconds to cycle through their ammo until the system finds the one you select.

See the above stuff for how the OTOMATIC was actually designed to fight ground vehicles as well, and should have the capacity for at least 38 APFSDS rounds.

3 Likes

You made the comparision between Otomatic and 2S38 saying 2S38 needs to be lower than Otomatic.
I used your arguments to compare 9040C and 2S38 saying the 9040C needs to be lower than 2S38.
So i wonder where do you read a statement from me, about the 2S38 should be the same BR as 9040C?

2S38 has a single feed mechanism and has always had a single feed mechanism. 2S38 has NEVER once had dual feed in War Thunder.

2S38 is using the double-feed mechanic and i explained why. If you don’t understand what i am writing just ask.

The only people that claim 2S38 is a SPAA are people that want to buff it in War Thunder, since it receiving SPAA designation would reduce its spawn points allowing it to always be a lower spawn point cost than all other light tanks, similar to Wiesel 1A4.

I want realism, and in reality the 2S38 is a SPAAG as Gajin wrote.
In the same way 2S38 should loose scouting and the drone, so it`s get buffed and nerfed in some ways.
Glad you mentioned the Wiesel 1A4, another tank with the wrong class. If something is a light vehicle its the Wiesel 1A4.

All vehicles are effected by the BR system, there are no double standards.

Where did i brought the double standard argument with the BR-system in touch??
Did you just over-fly my post?

I believe all high-BR SPAAG should see the tiny shell count limits on their darts/sabot removed. We have IFVs running around like they own the place with limitless stacks of such ammunition, in addition to ATGMs, while being generally faster and lower-profile than all SPAAGs.

If someone wants to use their OTOMATIC as an “Ersatz IFV,” let them go ahead.

Of course you want to buff the 2S38 by making it a SPAA in War Thunder so it costs less SP for you to spawn.
It would retain scouting and the drone cause it’s still a light tank.

Sorry, this would be a double standard and unrealistic.
OTOMATIC would have to be entirely removed from the game.

Why would it need to be removed from the game? Plus we already know Gaijin has applied a double standard against the OTOMATIC:

1 Like

OTOMATIC uses the same exact standard as all vehicles in the game.
All tanks in the game have their correct ammo limitations as far as everyone knows.

Saying otherwise is overt lying.

Deflecting now? I mentioned how the OTOMATIC is facing a double standard by having its ammo limited by the game design choice of implementing ammo-switching, of which no other tank has such a limit.

Plus, the OTOMATIC can carry at least 38 APFSDS: Community Bug Reporting System

Lying how?

1 Like

OTOMATIC has its ammo limited IRL, it has nothing to do with the game balance.
All tanks in War Thunder face limitations, including T-series tanks with ATGMs.

Which needs a new ammo storage system to implement.

All you’ve done this month is prove Gaijin is consistent while claiming your own evidence is incorrect.

No it does not. I have shown that is factually not the case.

Also no it does not, having multiple places to store ammo is possible to do (nearly all vehicles have it).

Ah yes… you’re somehow calling Gaijin and the dataminer community liars at the same time…

Ammo in WT is currently stored as one pool with limitations on specific types where applicable.
This means that T-80U has 45 rounds of ammo.
29 are given special treatment by being allowed to reload faster, and ATGMs are limited to 28 of that 45; but the pool is still 45.
The reason for the 28 round limitation is cause ATGMs can’t be stored outside the carousel [allegedly].

And right now, OTOMATIC stores those 12 rounds among its total capacity of 90 rounds, which could be in the hull if you fire HE-VT for most of the match.

Which counters my point how? Every source about the OTOMATIC suggests that APFSDS was able to be stored in the hull as well as the turret ready rack - there is no limitation. All they need to do is let people fill the hull storage with APFSDS, so that it would look like:

Total Pool: 90
APFSDS Limitation: 12 (only in turret ready rack) → 38 (12 in turret ready rack, 26 in the hull)

Glad you agree with me.
This doesn’t matter since War Thunder doesn’t allow this in its code currently.
Gaijin has to re-write how ammo is stored in all tanks for this to occur in-game.

other 2s38 crying post, why ppl dont get it its post pen damage is garbage even a bmp2m is way better and I see nobody crying about it.

The post is about the Otomatic, spud.

1 Like

Gaijin would have to rewrite the code of the game just for one tank to have multiple places to store ammo? I could’ve sworn nearly every other tank in the game had multiple places to place ammo, but I must be wrong about that (/s).