Off Topic Discussion

but just to make clear, the Leopard 2 Ruag should not be put into france, even if the modifications are french leclerc inspired

I mean in ground tt sutuation is fairly different. They used quite some nice tanks that could be easily added for Germany:

• Pz 87
  • Pz 87 WE (p) [this prototype was actually better than final Pz 87 WE]
  • Pz 87-140
  • Leopard 2 MLU
  • Pz 58
  • Pz 61
  • Pz 68
  • CV9030 CH
  • Pzj TOW 6×6 (Mowag Piranha)
  • M109 KAWEST WE
  • And WW2 stuff

Yeah look up my newest comment. I listed some tanks which don’t fit anywhere else than Germany (with exception of CV90)

yeah we dont necesarily need the Cv, but it would certainly feel nice if sweden would give back to us at least a tiny bit lol

I’ve been looking at the RUAG 2A4 more, I’m comfortable with only asking for the Pz 87 WE prototype. Since it’s the most “Leclerc like.” which would alleviate the BR jump from AMX-32 to Leclerc. The Mid Life Upgrade can go to Germany to supplement Germany’s lack of Leopards with a reinforced hull.

The Panzer 58-68 has as much place in France as they do in Germany. What you’re suggesting is taking Switzerland all for Germany when there’s vehicles that can supplement BR’s that France struggles with finding vehicles. The Swiss used AMX-13’s, giving Swiss tanks to France would mean they can serve alongside them like they did IRL.

Both France and Germy submitted proposals for a gun equipped Mowag Shark. France also lacks in viable modern gun equipped SPAA.

1 Like

isnt that nearly straight up a leopard with the already mentioned armor add ons? the differences between the finished one and the prototype dont seem that big

Last I knew they were putting technology on that Leopard that they looked to the Leclerc for inspiration. The armor package was proposed to have titanium, it uses the GALIX APS, and the FCS was meant to be closer to the Leclerc’s Hunter-Killer capability.

The problem is if the leo 2a4 ruag goes to france then Germany should have gotten the amx super which was made by german engineers and with technology

2 Likes

That was before we knew of any stabilized AMX-30 variants.

That’s an old argument with an old answer. Sure, if it was added recently it would have gone that way.

My problem is that Germany shouldn’t be treated as the unified European tech tree with France only being an side piece.

1 Like

still should be moved if they add the 2a4 ruag to france to not break the rules

My problem is that Germany shouldn’t be treated as the unified European tech tree with France only being an side piece.

I always imagined that france would get brazil. They have many french vehicles and lots of planes + they have ww2 stuff which france needs the most

+belgium second

1 Like

france had plenty of south african colonies as well, besides that we already said as well belgium to france which apparently has many different vehicles with the cockatril turret

It was nice while it lasted. German entitlement to everything they set their eyes on continues to be more important then the health of the rest of the other tech trees.

France had West African colonies. They primarily use Russian equipment anyways.

The only piece of Russian equipment I’m interested in is the GIAT T69.

if that would be the case we wouldnt discussing minor additions like netherland or switzerland which would only fill minor gaps in the german tree , but straight up go for poland and demand that as a sub tree which just isnt realistic because it propably makes a great stand alone tree. Besides that we are clearly saying we dont want belgium because it has no relations to german equipment while you want a modified leopard2a4. It isnt our fauled spain and greek use german equipment mainly as well. Turkey might be intrested for unique additions, but that already with Hungary is part of Italy as well

so it could still fill french gaps? the other nations have to do with russian equipment as well like uk and india from their old colonies

There’s more then one Leopard made by RUAG. The lesser of the two for France would fill the AMX-32 to Leclerc gap.

Brazil for France would just mean Italian and German equipment for France anyways besides their limited domestic development.

@x_Shini @MS_Phantasm Guys can’t we just share the Pz 87 WE (p) just like we did with SK-105?

propably the best, still just annoying that every god damn tree is running around with leopards or demands leopards

Belgium used German equipment. While we don’t have much use for as well as most of their domestic production being redundant.

I mean it’s a tank equivalent of F-16 export success. No wonder why it “fits” in almost every tt

Or make an independent Swiss tree