Off Topic Discussion

The Lang folder no longer updates itself as it did a few years ago. What you have to do is update it manually.

I mean, each new major/minor update will have changes and new things (vehicles, configurations, events, weapons, ammunition, etc.) but you will see them with the generic name (il_merkava_mk_3c for example).
To fix this, you must manually add the name to each new thing that has been implemented in an update. For example, if it is a vehicle (like in your photo) you must go to the Unit file (within Lang) create a new row at the end of the entire list (at the bottom) and put in the first column f_15a (real name of the vehicle ) and then you go to the column of your language (there are several columns with the different languages) and there you put F-15A or also to have some fun you can put F-15EX lol.

I’ll give you some tips with the way I found to simplify this. I put all my personalized vehicle names (therefore you must go to Unit) at the end of the list and when a new Update comes with many vehicles, I make a backup of the Unit file and then delete all the contents of the Lang folder. Once you do this, you open the launcher and start the game and the Lang content will be automatically created with the new vehicles. Then you exit the game again, open your backup (I recommend renaming UnitBU or Unit2 or whatever you like), then go to Lang/unit and also open it and copy the list of your custom names that are in the backup and paste them in the new Unit (also at the end, to repeat the process in the next update). Why do I recommend putting your personalized names at the end of the list? Because in case there are two repeated names (that is, the same vehicle twice in the list) the game will give priority to the names that are lower on the list.

I hope I didn’t make you dizzy lol

1 Like

What this is really missing is those RIM turreted launchers from naval vessels.

360 degree radar-guided engagements? Yes please!

or maybe missile pylons on those Radio controlled turret mounts

make it look like torpedo tubes

Just like a bunch of these

And have them fold down flat when not in use

Does anyone find the Abrams a d HSTV-L engine to be too quiet now? They are complete silent around corners and when the engine isn’t facing your direction.

I’ve had HSTV-Ls sneak behind me without making any noise. They may have overdone it with the sounds rework.

I’m happy overall with the sound change, Abram tankers needed it badly but they could’ve added track noise for some sense of direction.

Yes I am aware that they made changes but it’s way too much in my opinion, I couldn’t hear an Abrams that was going full throttle around a corner until it was too late. It’s honestly baffling that they didn’t at least get some feedback before pushing these changes.

But tanks like the TKX and Type 90 are now way louder than an Abrams, even at idle.

whispering death

Yeah this is a videogame and audio is crucial part of any competitive game, not being able to have awareness isn’t fair nor fun.

Its better then what it was before
Before the abrams might as well be pinged on the map cause i could always tell where they were

Irl Abrams turbine is quieter than your regular tank diesel

Yeah this an overall positive change for US mains but I had many scenarios today where I couldn’t either hear nor be able to tell where a turbine engine tank was coming from. Meanwhile, diesel engines are still incredibly distinct and loud.

This also facilitates spawn camping because an Abrams was just outside the spawn and I couldn’t hear him, before the update I would have been able to pick him up immediately.

It just needs more tweaking, the audio update felt rushed.

Every update seems to be

1 Like

Yeah I’m not really complaining, I like the update but it needs more work.

1 Like

doesnt work, i tried, you can link a steam account to war thunder but not backwards

1 Like

Ah shame as I don’t use WT via steam and I kinda trying to find ways to spend my last bit of birthday money. That I have on steam

Also how does Humble bundle work ?

can’t you like buy GJN by thru steam

That I’m going to have a look at