Nuke B29 spawning from airfield is stupid

that thing is simply sitting duck cant do anything but fly straight, has little to zero self defense, anything with few brain cell def’ know how to defeat it

just give it air spawn @ 4km, man… even fighter get air spawn @ 2km but why nuke dont?
imagine racking so much point but ended up being feeder because how ridiculous the game is set up.
today i literally spawned B29 nuke twice and got killed twice by plane, wtf
i have hunch some brainless would just say skill issue and git gut

4 Likes

It spawns right above the airfield and takes just a moment to reach the ground battlefield though?

2 Likes

it still count as airfield spawn

Counterpoint - all planes should runway start, and the few that physically can’t should spawn like the B-29 does now.

13 Likes

that’s not the case, bring your point somwhere else.

All planes should take off from the airfield.

Additionally, what can be done is include a 2nd or even 3rd airfield to spawn from, so that the aircraft that are slow starters can get the enemy to play a guessing game, which grants some time.

Nuke or not, airfield spawn only. No exceptions.

3 Likes

say it on your post, this isnt about it

I did say on my post. You made an open thread presenting your idea, and we are challenging that idea.

If you didn’t want your take to be challenged then you should not be making threads or comments on this forum.

5 Likes

The neat thing about the nuke feature is it needs to be a counterable thing. Just as the ideas of nuclear cruise missiles, this would make interception nigh impossible. This isn’t Call of Duty where a nuke explodes out of nowhere. The nuke carrier and nuke are physical objects and can be countered, and should always be counterable as it fits Warthunders gameplay.

Planes are effectively the only way to counter nuke planes, because usually SPAA cannot effectively aquire and engage the plane before the drop because they are usually too low to be detected and fire in time. Not only does a 4000m air spawn make the drop range much longer for the plane, it also ensures that no ground based system will be able to engage it at all. Planes can only counter them if they are already spawned and over the battlefield, otherwise they cannot close the distance fast enough to intercept. Adding the air spawn will make this even harder because of the altitude difference. Making interception harder than it already is.

In closing, the nuke system is fine where it is. Nukes aren’t a guarantee until the bomb detonates, and shouldn’t be changed in a fashion where they are virtually impossible to intercept. The idea that @GoneToTheAether has is best, where all aircraft should airfield spawn except for vehicles unable to take off from the small dirt rundays, and those aircraft should spawn just above the runway at speed instead of 1000s of meters in the sky.

Then you are in the wrong forum section. This is Game DISCUSSION, where people discuss ideas. If you want to make a suggestion for implementation you need the SUGGESTIONS section. You seem to misunderstand how this forum is set up, and are upset that other players are disagreeing and providing counterpoints in the section of the forums designed for that sort of interaction. This will also happen in the Suggestion section because players can voice their opinions for or against suggestions for implementation as well.

You posted a suggestion in the incorrect forum section, not that your shoddily written garble would be approved for a suggestion post to begin with, and want to try to judge other users… Laughable…

9 Likes

doesnt matter

literally my goal

it’s not

i just dont like
“you’ve done well gathering all that point now you can be feeder by trying to drop this nuke”

To you because you’re upset about this. You’d probably perfer nuke planes to spawn at 10km directly in drop range to guarantee the drop. To bad that isn’t how things are meant to be in this game.

See above.

It is, nukes are counterable enough and realistic enough considering airfield proximity to the airfield. How about having a nike airfield and you have to climb to 4000m in the B-29? Should be around a 40 minute flight. Good luck.

The most fun thing about this is you aren’t capable of anyone disagreeing regardless of the argument presented. I wrote a quite in depth counter agument and all you could say was “nu uh”. Your “suggestion” will not be implemented, mostly because you’ll never get it approved as a suggestion post as is, and because it just isn’t a fair application of the nuke vehicles.

3 Likes

if possible, even better if they switch plane to artilery save so much time

Nuclear artillery isn’t really a fit for Warthunder, seems like you’re fishing for the uncounterable Call of Duty level nukes. This is not Call of Duty, nor should it EVER operate as such.

This has proved my point that you are just upset. Someone outplayed you, deal with it. It’s amazing that you could be an overwhelming force in a ground game and then still be upset because the nuke didn’t work out. Getting that many kills and still mad…

3 Likes

i dont even play call of duty, why do people keep throwing “this isnt COD” like wtf, dont you have better argument

not someone but gaijin, naturally nuke should spawn much higher like bomber in ARB but in GRB it spawn on AF. that’s just stupid decision. just like how they removed BUILT IN flares from nuke jaguar

No, to intercept a nuke there usually needs to be fighters already spawned and over the battlefield when the nuke sirens go off to make a successful intercept. You may have tried to spawn a slow lumbering bomber when the enemy had ample fighter cover over the battlefield, poor choice on your part. ARB isn’t the same as GRB. Fighters don’t get airspawns in ARB but do in GRB. The battlespace is much larger in ARB, and nuke planes do not exist in ARB. Differences in the modes my guy.

3 Likes

It’s fundamentally a victim mentality problem.

Somehow it just fits again …

Thank you for the support of my ideas. Forcing all planes to runway spawn would not only remove the disparity which puts nuke-carriers at a considerable disadvantage, but also more importantly help address one of the major causes of revenge bombing (the others being the cap notification text message and the kill camera).

3 Likes

I agree. I think that all planes that physically can’t take off should get an airspawn, low over airfield for ground RB and mid-altitude for air RB, and all other aircraft should take off from the airfield. I would love to see it implemented so less vehicles would be so abusable and bombers could operate a bit more nicely.

1 Like

You are trying to make the nuke an uncounterable non-object, like they are in CoD. Also, before you talk to me about a “better arguement” you bettet fix your responses like this:

Discussing this with you is like trying to convince an 8 year old not to dislike something they are mad at. I provide good arguable points, and then you reply basically as “nuh-uh”.

4 Likes

because they only choice i had was a bad choice gaijin gave me.
if i could choose i would spawn it at 4000m instead of AF
or choose some jet instead of bomber
or use artilery nuke instead
or dont spawn it at all because my team will win anyway
or having good teammate and wait him kill all enemy plane
but no, none of them are my choice my team is losing, time is ticking.
either i dont spawn it and lose or spawn it the become a feeder then lose anyway

i get it, you that type of person that
“the game is never at fault but you”
“idk why but i will reject this guy idea will all my being”
it’s just weird people like you exist,
you could just say “+1 good” then move on
even if you reject it you can just say “no, i dont like it” then move on
dont need to give me your argument i dont need it because it’s YES or NO suggestion
but you wasted you time here rejecting the idea. really weird
i met several people like you, but unfortunately i must give up on you