Nuclear Escalation feedback for a stanalone mode

give us set BRs rather than “Fk you heres an uptier”. get rid of BUK and whatever other BS sam systems there are at lower tiers and for gods sake decompress this game

2 Likes

Would be nice if they fixed the air to air missiles not doing damage on impact bug that has been present since the last 2 tests of the mode.

Also let the option to turn off joining battles that are already in progress work for this mode to, I have yet to actually be able to play a match for longer than 5 minutes before it ends.

1 Like

I was playing japan and using the Thai F18 for this.

I only just unlocked the Su-30 with the last game I played last night.

I dont know what munitions are low visibility but my only other options are Paveways or JDAMs that require me to be either close or high which results in death.

I find the 2S6s are slightly worse at knocking down AGMs but it still takes me firing all 4 of them at one AA unit to garauntee a kill.

From one of the previous news threads
image

Through experience I’ve found that the JSOW basically never gets intercepted (aka 1:1 SAM kill to bomb ratio) while the “small” munitions occasionally get 1 or 2 at most intercepted with any form of >2 saturation attacks being guaranteed to get through.

Can destroying ships actually give you points and SL/RP? You get nothing for destroying them right now, if that’s intentional, why even add ASM’s to the game?

image

4 Likes

image

Come on man. This is genuinely ridiculous.

I also just fired all 6 KL-29s at one singular Ito in a convoy from 10km away. it shot down 5 of them and finally the 6th managed to hit and kill it

that was the first one in roughly 30 missiles I’ve fired at ItOs this game.

4 Likes

Why on earth is it using the exact same set of SHORAD from 12.7->14.7? No standoff munitions at the lower BRs against ridiculous modern SPAA is absolutely insane decision making.

You know your cold war nuking mode is absolutely pointless when THE most famous cold war attack aircraft is completely damn useless.

5 Likes

this was all figured out in last high BR Nuclear Thunder, Im genuinely interested what made Gajin revert it back to unplayable and zero fun??? Like let us bomb and dogfight and leave rewards RP and SL to be bad like its not…But you cant make mode almost unplayable if you dont play specific plane or nation and give us trash rewards… Like why whould you make this version of Nuclear permanent mode??? Like why is soooo hard to listen to community ??? I would be buying anything you release for 200 euros if I had fun in Nuclear…what a bad move Gajin…cccc

5 Likes

I think they made it “unfun” so that players gets frustrated and dont queue for it anymore, so that they can justify the removal with “eh no one played it anyway”. The mode was very fun to play before, it requires just brackets with adjusted rp/xp gain and proper AA selection for the played bracket. I really dont know how they messed this mode so up.

4 Likes

They basically just balanced the spaa around nukes and left it at that. Since nuke gets ignored and makes it very safe.

I don’t even think the matchmaking is the worst part. Whoever decided on 2S6 and Ito-90s as frontline SPAA at 12.3 is living in another reality.

3 Likes

Honestly I just feel the effort to reward is quite shit if you dont use the nukes

E.g. I spend the whole game at 11.3 going SAM hunting, killed 3 BUK batteries and I still go negative

There is so much AA around and killing them rewards you peanuts, not to mention how easily they shoot down your munitions. It has gotten to the point where ARMs are used to distract the SAMS while you close to use dumb rockets or the guns to kill em.

Edit: not to mention I think the HAWKS are useless, enemies just fly right by and strafe the AF on bluefor

1 Like

I don’t go negative even when it is negative.
I think you just come back with 0. Or this has to do with premium account or something?
In general they revolve it around nukes , so they don’t have to fix anything…

I mean yeah nukes are part of the mode, but still getting a microscopic amount of salt for leveling an S300 site is laughable. Somehow they messed up the mode, even going to kill ships is not worth it.

There is so much you can do in this mode and they have turned it into, get enough SP to get the small nuke until the second nuke is unlocked and then do a low level flight to all 5 airfields, wasting what could be a really fleshed out mode.

Edit:
I just remembered this mode was supposed to have helicopters be part of it back when it was first shown off, so that makes this even more wasted potential. I just want the mode to be fun and have reasons to choose to not use the nukes.

2 Likes

I don’t even play the nukes . Worst gaming experience ever. First and foremost the idea on tossing nukes to eachother… worst idea ever, period… for many reasons. And RL reasons.
In general, after the way they released the mode ignoring every single detail and doing exactly the opposite from the feedback they received (unless they have another feedback not in the forums or reddit or whatever, that we can’t read/see) , combined with not making Bullet Hell its own mode … I just don’t want to do anything.
I’ll keep playing only for event vehicles (not all) , and when/if a game with similar theme comes on the market i’ll make “the move” that never loses…

2 Likes

the fact the Red side is absoulte banger to play, like I dont care if I go 1mill SL negative and Blue side is unplayable I rather go play Tetris is what makes this mode MID. Common make it balanced. Dont ruin the chance you have.

10.3-12.0 USA (BLUFOR) has a crazy strong lineup that is borderline overpowered. F-111F as a nuke carrier is ridiculously strong. I think I got 10 wins straight playing it yesterday.

Any competent AV-8B (NA) pilot can make every single SAM site disappear from the map with ease by tossing JSOWs. Any competent F-111F pilot can make all S-300 sites disappear before Level 1 Escalation. A-10Cs can clear the whole frontline and harass other aircraft flying close with 9Ms.

I hope you are not referring to this BR range. If you are, to be quite frank, you have a skill issue big dawg.

2 Likes

Im not, Im refering to 12.0 to up… that BR range is not interesting to me.

Even at top tier, the Super Hornet can literally carry 10 JSOWs and make every single SAM site disappear (probably at an even faster rate)…

I just wanna play without need to have specific plane to have fun.