Nuclear Escalation feedback for a stanalone mode

Thank god someone made a thread for this, was looking for an official one but seems they don’t care for feedback anymore.

Anyway since the tests I’ve been following the threads and I’m going to be honest, it doesn’t seem like they changed much of anything or listened to any feedback at all.
The only thing I’ve found that’s been a result of the feedback is that the 2s6’s and the smaller SPAA are less lethal (which is good).

However, the S300 is still insanely overbearing (instantly getting launched at after take-off), the rewards for the mode are still abysmally low, literally only 2 RP for sinking a ship… despite the fact gaijin stated “The rewards are low because its still in testing”. So yea, that was a lie.
Not to mention the removal of the BR brackets which was specifically put in place to make sure aircraft couldn’t face too advanced SPAA and SAM. Now someone can face extremely lethal SAM sites in an a plane that is most certainly not equipped to fight them…

The game mode basically devolves into AirRB with A2A since the effort to reward ratio for any of the ground/naval targets are horrible.

10 Likes

Mode massively depends on how competent your teammates are and if you’re playing a good enough lineup or not.

12.3 Sweden makes me want to gouge my eyes out with this mode.

I hate how AA can shoot bombs and worse, do so in their blind zone

3 Likes

Huh, never had it unless they nick them while firing at me

how? Sight stabilization doesn’t work past 30km and most of the time it’s cloudy so you can’t even see them

Probably by placing the TGP on the target via the map view and then point launching them, very inaccurate but with enough of them dropped you can just saturate an area.

the humble online map and 100% zoom on in-game map to place down markers as accurately as possible :D

1 Like

With the current RP and SL rewards, NE eventually will lose popularity and turn into something that you will play in the weekends for fun. You cannot make a meaningful research or earn SL in worthwhile amounts in this mode. Without Premium you can sometimes even go negative.

3 Likes

kinda sick of joining games already at the 2nd escalation level and what is going on with team structures? China, Japan and Sweden end up both teams regularly

3 Likes

Here is a video that I originally recorded to show a friend how to use the F-15E. To do this optimally you ideally want to select the farthest airfield spawn then climb up and maintain >60km separation from the S-300s during attack runs if you don’t want to die.

Good god RWR sounds and clutter makes things so awful to play in this mode. Sometimes you can’t even track the guy actually have launched a missile at you since you’ve been tracked by multiple sam sites simultaneously at all times at top tier bracket. It reminds me the first implementation of the RWR system circa 2021 where every teammate and enemy would light up your RWR, hurting your ears after a while. Game mode desperately needs the prioritisation modes found on most radar recievers so you can filter out/prioritise some signals over others.

1 Like

before Vietnam Nuclear escalation the mode was perfect, SPPA and AA and S300 were all balance, you didnt get lunched soon as you spawn from 5 diffrent S300, also SPPA didnt have the most kills in game, you could bomb or dogfight it was sooo good that I didnt mind SL not being good to make, it was just fun, now its just RWR blasting constantly, SPPA spam 400 missiles at you, shoot thru groung, the sky always have like 500 missiles just picking targets, stutterings etc, I just dont get it, they had it figured out why revert to something that will 100% kill this mode in a week??? whats the point???

1 Like

I agree!

2 Likes

You can use SDBs. They won’t get intercepted.

shot 2026.09.18 18.21.27
shot 2026.09.18 18.21.03
shot 2026.09.18 18.29.10

Honestly this is infuriating and needs to be toned down dramatically.

you spend the first half of every game uselessly lobbing munitions at the enemy AAs and they just shoot them down. Why do I have to fire all Four of my HARMs at one single ItO unit and hope that one of them makes it through? Those screenshots were three back to back runs, all four missiles were shot down every time. it took another two runs after these to finally get my first kill on a single ItO.

I feel like I could deal with everything shooting at you off the runway, and that you have to constantly fly sideways to avoid all of them, if you could actually reliably eliminate them. I played through all of the previous modes with only really Mavericks to deal with ground targets that were also getting shot down, I only unlocked the HARMs on this plane like a week ago so this was the first time I thought “yay, I have something to counter the SAMs in Nuclear Escalation now” Buuut no. of course not.

Issues like these are major that the mode has had since I first played it when it came out, and instead of fixing it Gaijin just seem to have made it worse?

4 Likes

Yeah the ItO is FAR stronger than it’s redfor counterparts in enforcing the low altitude death bubbles but in exchange at least the SAMP/T has really bad kinetic performance so as long as you don’t fly straight at it you can generally avoid it even as close as 30km. The real problem is that the most meta tactic is to bring planes that can spam “low visibility” munitions but only specific blufor planes (mostly American ones) have access to sufficient volume to make it work.

Osa-AKM is also a very overpowered system to fight against. The range is insane and unlike Rolands, it’s quite hard to defeat it kinetically.

There shouldn’t be SAMs escorting convoys and guarding frontline depots for starters. I still think that was a horrible change.

Also, have you guys noticed that the SL rewards are still badly balanced even for ground? On ItO brackets, I noticed that you get more SL for killing tanks than actual SAM site radars lol.

5 fucking months and multiple test iterations guys - not only did they ignore the feedback, but when we asked them to lower the AA, they made it even worse (I-Hawk/Buk for 10.0-11.0, SAMs at depots, extra AA at convoys).

3 Likes

i want to know who at gaijin decided to drop the brackets previous and use the normal matchmaking???
like not fun getting uptiered

4 Likes

The ItOs have never really changed, I usually found it takes 2-3 ARMs, the range and speed of the VT1 missiles; they’ve always been pain to deal with and it’s easy to accidentally fly into a blob of overlapping ItOs.

They die pretty quick to Shrikes. Honestly far less annoying than the convoy ZSU/M163s imo.

1 Like

The rewards really need to be increased. It’s honestly crazy how low they are. I got 71 RP for destroying the USS Forrestal like, what?

In that match, I:

  • Destroyed 3 air bases
  • Destroyed 1 aircraft carrier
  • Got 13 air kills
  • Got 17 ground kills.

And this is with a 200% SL and a 20% RP. PLS buff the RP.

2 Likes