Now is the perfect time to add the AIM-9L-(I) to Italy, UK, and Sweden!

main user, developer and the one that actualy produces the damn missles

Here an example of proof (in this case for the Italian ADV)

3 Likes

I don’t believe Germany has any jets in game that ever used the AIM-9L-(I) except maybe the F-4F (I have no clue if it used them or not.) Thats why I did not include them in the discussion.

1 Like

Tornado ASSTA 1

I think

F-4F and the one that actualy would use them both tornados, well 3 now. As strike aircraft they could realy use them. They are shit at their BR. Still angry SU 39 received their R73, they can give tornados aim 9l(i) then as well

2 Likes

It depends, when Germany started using them? , and were the ASSTA1 being alredy transformed into ASSTA2 when this missile entered in service?

Germany and Italy should get Aim-9L/i (at least for their TT ones, I can understand omitting the 11.0s) and Britain instead could get their modified variant (wouldnt be quite as good, but we have other buffs)

1 Like

Shini would be the better person for that question. I know my British Tornados reasonably well, but not hte German or Italian ones

Ok

lets say it like this. The first Assta 2 tornado was given to germany 2010. The Iris-T missle finished development and started its use in 2005 …

Ok

Italy started using them around the 90’s but almost always classified them as AIM-9Ls

2 Likes

Ah ok, my bad, I confused the dates

We also have plenty of manuals about it

Maybe we started fielding them later but we already had the manuals from the 92’

5 Likes

Ah so it seems Italy also has the further upgraded AIM-9L-(I)-1 variant though I’m not sure how it’s different from the usual L-(I)…

2 Likes

This refers to the L/I.
I imagine that the L/I-1 is at least on par with M8/9.

2 Likes

Looking at Ammunitionskatalog. Systematisk förteckning. (2014), there is no clue that SwAF used the AIM-9L/I-1.

So yeah, that would be nice and all, but highly doubt that missile is coming this update. Maybe in the next one. ADV not worth the time will just be a nightmare to play.

Italy had F-16A ADF and a handful of F-16B if I remember. Pretty much all they had, now as to whether or not the armament for the F-16A ADF in game reflects all the armament it had IRL, I have no clue. Italy held on to the F-16 for a long time but the F-35 is replacing them if I am not mistaken.

The US only allowed exports to certain countries. The UK was allowed to purchase the AIM-9M but Germany’s requested was turned down. As a result Germany decided to make their own IRCCM Sidewinders.