Next patch and beyond wishlist(Everything except Tech Trees)

Is there any photo of a functional AMX 30 JAVELOT? The first photo looks like a scale model which was placed amongst some grass for a photo. This has been done before for advertising. Here’s an example of what I mean:

1 Like

I’d like to see the BMP-3 broken into an early and late variant instead of having the Sodema Sight upgrade. We currently have the 2017 model of the vehicle.

The original can just use basic NVD, UTD-29 450hp engine, 3UBR8 APDS-T rounds and keep the standard 9M117 GL-ATGM (and maybe upgrade to the 9M117M) while the late version/late production (BMP-3 obr. 2024) can have its rear mounted smoke grenades, Sodema Sight Thermal Upgrade, 9M117M1 GL-ATGM, UTD-29M 500hp engine, 3UBR11 APFSDS-T rounds, etc.

Early version of the BMP-3.

BMP-3 obr. 2023 model.

It’s been 37 years since the first BMP-3 rolled out in official duties, might as well split it on top of having all of its other variants. I’d like to use a modern version of the production model of the BMP-3 with its 3UBR11 APFSDS-T rounds and 9M117M1 missile like how the ZBD04A is utilized.

*Post is only for vehicle purposes, no political relation.

If they cannot be separated, I’d be down for a Karkas-ERA equipped version that’s relatively close to this one with its 3UBR11 considering the Karkas-ERA equipped one is in service as well.

russian-bmp-3-outfitted-with-4s24-kaktus-era-v0-aXdwZXQ1MGJlc3djMeqsl9-Goyar_N6j-P5xCTwB0ewS_H4Gb_mt3ROe07hW
*Image was adjusted with generative AI due to having active duty personnel engaged with conflict, AI sucks lol.

7 Likes

Isn’t the modern BMP-3 applique ERA known as “Kaktus” and not “Karkus”? For what I’ve read, “Kaktus” is a thing; but I’ve seen neither hide nor hair of “Karkus”.

It was renamed to Karkus from Kaktus from my understanding, or technically its real official name has always been Karkas. It’s the same thing though in what you’re referring too. I think Kaktus actual was an ERA designed for a prototype tank while Karkas is the real name of 4S24. Again, my knowledge is limited on this ERA.

If only it wasnt gimped, IRL it has module to track air vehicles, but in game it lacks ability to.

9M117M too (so if you take one why leave another), was developed together wtih 3UBR11 for turret later used in BMD4, however there’s a chance that 2A72 cant use 3UBR11.

at this point it’s better to just add BMP-3M models, like Dragoon or Manul, Manul being better for basically having BMP-2M weaponry in crewless turret with 660 HP engine.
Oh and both Manul and Dragoon having spall liners and crew behind the engine.

The ERA will be a straight up downgrade in WT.

I definitely want those prototype models of BMP-3 in-game, I just want a fully equipped production BMP-3 rather than the gimped one we have now. I thought I had heard the issue with the 2A72 and 3UBR11 was corrected but could’ve heard wrong. I need to find some updated official source confirmation lol.

Still think 4S24 Karkas should come since it is a special development just like how the M3A3 Bradley should have BUSK.

I mean maybe for historical context, but in game it’s next to useless, especially with Bradley which was fast only when it was prototype stages like XM800.

1 Like

Depending how it changes in BR, it may not be that useless. If it’s only moved to like 10.3, it’s still relevant and can stop early missiles and increases survivability in-general. We all have our lucky moments where ARAT-I absorbs some interesting missile hits for example and BRAT-I covers the entire front and side arcs of the vehicle practically.

In Karkas’s case, it may help stop TOW-2A/Spike-LR detonations on certain angles and definitely help stop earlier missiles. If it doesn’t receive 3UBR11 APFSDS-T rounds, it’s definitely not going above 9.3-9.7 and is still relevant since it can get down-tiered.

Rank IX
Rank X

8 more BR’s

That is all i want

1 Like

at first sight i think it is a Self-Propel Radar Station LOL

Also sorry that this is late or that you might’ve already figured out about it, but its for the ERA package

You can see the hooks on the sides of the turret, those are mounting lugs iirc

2 Likes

Seems like Karkas ERA (4S24) is going to be more commonplace since the obr. 2023 variant has the lugs. Also, I did not know that those were mounting lugs for it, I appreciate it 🤙

2 Likes

(ngl its mostly a guess, since every example of a BMP-3 with karkas both in service and for demonstration/testing has had no smokes or rear turret mounted ones)

My real guess is that the lugs are for this (shocker ik)

Spoiler

(original demo of the Karkas package from the early '00s)

2 Likes

Makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️ I appreciate the insight. I haven’t really looked into the BMP-3 and it’s Karkas ERA kit before since I’ve never seen it beyond prototype usage but since it’s becoming a little more mainstream it’s interesting to see these changes.

2 Likes

I would personally just put it at current M3A3 BR.
Or at best move both down to 9.7 or even lower.

M551A1 TTS Sheridan would be nice. The U.S. Army’s last air-droppable light tank until the M10 Booker came along. While the Army had the M1128 MGS, the Sheridan was the last official light tank until recently. The thermals and LRF would help the vehicle actually perform ranged attacks with its HEAT rounds. Last served in the Gulf War.

• Estimated GRB BR: 8.7
8 Likes

She has always been “Karkas”…“Kaktus” is object 640…
https://topwar.ru/244045-ochen-koljuchij-kaktus-proekt-dinamicheskoj-zaschity-ushedshij-v-nebytie-vmeste-s-chernym-orlom.html

2 Likes

Thanks 👍 that’s what I thought it was but I’m not familiar with Karkas and Kaktus.

Also, do you happen to have those sources that discuss the 2A72 and 3UBR11 APFSDS-T? I can’t remember if it fires it or not. I remember there was something in regards to its recoil system but I had heard something different as well. Been a while since we last discussed it.

Edit: Found I think what was discussed before, due to the low weight of the round and the long-barrel recoil mechanism of the 2A72, it could have feeding problems but not necessarily unable to use.

1 Like

https://m.vk.com/wall-82427216_16322

3 Likes

coastal tree i guess