Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

Having a dedicated jamming vehicle to fly alongside would be massive, I look forward to the TF-35 so some buds and I have a dedicated lead with 2300 chaff and the rest to follow behind and rocket some positions

Yeah, EW aircraft would be interesting additions, things like the F-18G.

But also things like Spear-EW would be really really good for NE.

Just need to make AI AA actually affected by chaff. Then the Vulcan would be good too with its 6000 large chaff iirc

Jammers would be a separate matter

I just can’t see them getting rid of markers entirely, as pilots and ground crews are able to communicate rough locations of enemy aircraft

Edit: also, without markers they would have to massively need nukes

I hope they do lower tier stuff first but knowing gaijin it’ll be exclusive to top tier testing initially

still its a buff as the Greek one never had them

1 Like

Yeah idk if gaijin will ever make AA actually effected by chaff unfortunately

2 Likes

Too hard to model in a good way probably

Devs tend to keep AI interactions as simple as possible

Got an idea, battle royal but with infantry and we jump out of A400s

3 Likes

I dislike the current implementation more than the concept. because short of aircraft with advanced HMDs, like the Typhoon, you arent going to know where everything is all the time. with more aircraft having that displayed on the HUD, but still not a huge list.

So you could have radars showing enemy locations on the map, and where appropriate showing in the HUD/HMD (I do want HMD to work in third person) and you could have semi-replicate info being shared via markers. But I just dislike the level of information it gives and the range it gives that information at. Especially in aircraft where being sneaky is their entire thing.

If it was tied directly to ground radars and not “visual spotting” and thus by disabling radars, markers went away… that could work.

I think they need to do that anyway

We’ll have to see, probably a mix, but like ARM, will probably start higher and work donw.

Eh… Look at ARM, look at ATSM, plus we have Smin confirming that top tier is the priority.

1 Like

Yeah… Im just hoping the Tonkas at least get Sky Shadow from the Start, which then gives hope for things around 11.3 to also get appropriate ECM.

1 Like

As I’ve said, I could see them reduce spotting distances, but not them getting rid of markers entirely

This isn’t a realism thing, but a gameplay thing and I really struggle to see what harm short range markers would do

Obviously the long range, highly indiscriminate markers are bad, but that doesn’t mean they should get rid of markers all together

Yeah… Perhaps also change it so the level of information available is determined by what radar and how far away it is as well. So you might see a marker generated by a ground radar, but not what it is or who it is.

And tying it directly to actual sensors rather than being magic, theyd be fine. But I just really dont like the current “sometimes there is a marker at 30-40km away, and sometimes there isnt when the target is 0.5km away” BS we have currently

Is that also why the Commonwealth Hornets haven’t came to the US as they had the Canadians and the Australian flag and it made little sense to add near duplicates to the same tree ?

That but it’s player flown transports dropping AI infantry. Last AI standing gets to use a Pantsir to shoot down the transport.

I think that’s moreso that there is a clear place for those nations vehicles already, albeit maybe not as full subtrees. Sort of how like Czech vehicles have a home right now in the Russian TT.

1 Like

I’m currently waiting for my suggestion for special rewards earned by playing Nuclear Escalation and performing certain tasks to be approved

Would be nice to see something like that be implemented alongside with other NE improvements

I am really hoping they go with transport heli and aircraft, it be so cool to fly these two
IMG_5ba48896-c175-4e51-9e73-e1b9c0a808a1

I think the Czech L-39 was a bit of an odd choice for the USSR tree, but that probably underlines that Czech operated vehicles are unlikely to appear in other trees

1 Like

They have their own Hornets, so there is no need for them to be there.

2 Likes