Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

oh I said ships I mean cargo planes*

They’d be just another vehicle type if they weren’t special though, it wouldn’t make them any more powerful if they got appropriate BRs like any other aircraft or helicopter. I think they could’ve even kept the kill reward if they really wanted the ATGM airspawn to be available (not a fan personally, but they’re free SAM targets at least)

Personally I just think there’s far too many interesting models and variants and even different roles with many even equipped for air to air, that we are missing out on completely.

1 Like

I think there were some cargo planes already present as well, but those were abandoned a long time ago

Them appearing in the video likely was a teaser for BvvDs post lol

Rafale got it’s hammers nerfed the second a version got added to the Israeli tree.

MOAB wont be better than b2 with bunk busters which I have no idea how those will work or if they should be added

Oh, I’m not saying that more variety or the ability to unlock others wouldn’t be cool

I’m just saying that the current implementation is pretty much the best approach for what they wanted drones to be:

CAS for players that don’t have planes at high BRs

1 Like

i also wouldnt be suprised if the cargo planes end up not being player controllable, but rather are an AI controlled set-pice that the players have to either protect or destroy

1 Like

You mean corrected after it was shown French players created fake documents and submitted them as the real thing?

1 Like

I don’t think cargo planes being teased has anything to do with the MOAB

They are working on making them playable in their intended role:

Transporting cargo

1 Like

Yeah there’s the C-47 and IIRC Ju-52 in the files as AI map objectives for the single player missions.

The C-47 could also be seen in the old Test Flight for US props.

1 Like

The AWACS they mentioned definitely will be AI controlled, so I wouldn’t be surprised if transport vehicles end up the same way lol

Ju-52 is from back when the D point could drop into the map via a crashed Ju-52 and make a new control point you’d need to take

2 Likes

Didn’t they only talk about ground based early warning

Was it?

Even so, I’d expect AWACS as targets to appear sooner or later lol

Edit: ah, yeah, found it

Only ground ones for now

Initially yes, as they exist in-game already but act as decoys more than anything else, the post was talking more about turning them into something functional.

But yes, the next logical step would be AEW

But if we do get decent implementation of it, I hope they then remove enemy markers, because otherwise its kinda pointless addition. Knocking out the EWR just to be spotted coming from 30+km away by player markers would just be annoying

Wouldn’t be surprised if we get jammers fairly soon now for NE

I’d imagine that destruction of the early warning systems could lead to marker distances being reduced, but I don’t think they would get rid of markers entirely

Yeah, as do I. Both air and ground based, that would be quite interesting to deal with

Oooh spicy, you got any links where I can read up on it? Because that sounds like a good read.

Also, why does hearing this not suprise me at all?

I want them to try it as a test event for NE, see what its like. but even minimal range markers just massively reduce the effectiveness of being sneaky or jammers that could help hide you from radar