I guess Malaysia also C&Ped the Aussies to serve on them, over their own servicemen and women?
There is a reason why the “best sub-tree” is hated by the nation that got it. Because if your sub-tree is unique, it’s just the worst parts of your tree cranked up to 11 and made worse.
Let me hold every nation to the same level as the most strict sub-tree, BeNeLux; let’s see how many unique vehicles are in War Thunder… oh, 0, as every vehicle is either part of an existing family or plays like something else.
I’m sorry Real Life has infected your Realistic video game, something it has been doing long since before ground was a thing. Without needing to look it up, I can point to “C&P” that was added back in 2014.
If you want them to be “unique,” go back in time and tell them they don’t need to spend money defending their nations.
Those are the first to go; it’s the stuff they claim is “unique” just because they are in X nation, eg., the SEP v3, which, if it’s C&P in one nation, it’s C&P in both; after all, the US already had a bunch of Abrams.
It’s a good thing War Thunder has always had an operator focus(which it leaned even harder into with sub-trees), allowing these variants in-game. I know nations that would have big holes in their trees, as they are filled with stuff not domestic to them, like the US and Germany.
Good news: they are complaining, usually paired with suggestions to forgo X nation’s history with Y nation, when Y nation has options (that they don’t already have) that don’t need them to forget WW2 is most of War Thunder.
You mean the South African sub tree? the only people that hate that one are British purists and barring the G6 and the Badger all of the vehicles are actually pretty good…
Considering the one piece of advice I got from even the none purists was to avoid and replace South African stuff as soon as possible I doubt that. (Even more when my own experience validate that)
As the vehicles I remember it’s because they where trash and the others where forgettable just do to better option form the UK or other nations with vehicles in the UK tree at the BR. Churchills with further mobility nerfs, are some of the most common feelings I had with South Africa.
The large group of people calling it good are those who don’t even play the UK (main other nations) or it’s a lower priority grind from my observations, of WT players elsewhere and not just here
I hate zero contribution vehicles to block tech tree additions, for example you can think of why we still not have an AMX-30C2
Or I hate why the said sub trees do not include vehicles that countries actually add something from them, for example why all Finnish modified aircraft are premium?
Edit: Also I do not have any problems with 3 line trees and huge capability gaps all around.
Speak for yourself. Britain is my most played nation and I can unequivocally say the South African subtree is the best in the game, and has a number of really fun vehicles. Maybe they don’t fit your playstyle but that’s fine, it gives players options. You don’t have to use the MTTD at 9.3, you can use the VFM5 instead. Or both, like I do.