Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

I don’t have much experience with either one of them, but I do think the Leopard 1s do have some more advantages than just their mobility, at least when compared to the T-55

Faster Reload, better APDS and HEAT-FS, more gun depression, better turret handling (at when they have stabilizers lol), an optical rangefinder and smoke grenades

Honestly their techtree right now is looking to be the best of the not major 5th gen nations (alongside Britain). They don’t quite have the amount of options the US and China have (maybe Russia too but I don’t know enough about theirs aside from there being different Su-57 variants probably), but still good amounts:

  • F-35A and F-35B, which Japan already operates. These are the only ones safe to be added which isn’t a lot but considering the only safe options for the competition here are “one to two F-35 variants” it’s still on the upper end.
  • F-X (26DMU), which was partially built. It’s up to Gaijin to decide if they want this one. Just about all major components were built just short of a proper aircraft. There was also the X-2 demonstrator used for flight testing during the project, though that one was a pure demonstrator and different from the armed 26DMU based design.
  • Honorable mention of the KF-21 (005) / IF-21 (Block 2), which are a joint Korean-Indonesian design that looks a lot like a 5th gen and will be in later Blocks, but so far will only be procured as 4.5th gen configuration by Indonesia.

Then from there it might get more interesting ~2030+, when the other countries start buying their 5th gens, like Malaysia who seem to be considering the Su-57E or Indonesia who already signed a contract for KAAN with Turkish engines. By this time if the game is still around it’ll probably be at 6th gen already though (where Japan also has GCAP alongside Britain and Italy, so still not bad).

3 Likes

Afaik the only variant of the Su-57 that is in service with Russia is the basic Su-57.

The only other variant of the Su-57 that is fully operational seems to be the Su-57E.

I didn’t mean just in service, they also recently flew their twin seat Su-57 which could be added if it adds anything else than their second seat and iirc there was some tested engine / TVC configurations too?

Still less than China has in service J-20s alone probably though.

Yep a Mach 2.8 boat with the RCS of a small Country.

My Meteor hungers for that big dumb jet ;)

I don’t know anything about the twin-seat Su-57 besides it being called the Su-57D

The Su-57M would be the one with new engines and potentially thrust vectoring, but who knows when that one will be ready lol

Edit: the regular Su-57 already has thrust vectoring

1 Like

only problem is r37 and r37m outrange the meteor.
you’ll be in range zone before your could launch you tasty meteor.

just saying.

1 Like

Then you already know more than I do about Russian 5th gens than I do. But I also doubt Gaijin will leave them behind, so if they don’t have complete aircraft chances are they will get some incomplete ones anyways.

But then at least I can justify my F-X (26DMU), which was sadly only a prototyped center fuselage, XF9-1 engines, high power AESA radar, XVN3-1 TVC, main weapons bay, electrical control actuators, composite structure, nosecone, RAM, HMD and the flying X-2 demonstrator (which was made for testing of the project, but was an entirely different airframe from the intended combat aircraft). Information on it is also interestingly enough more available than service 5th gens, which does make sense for a project that was canned in favor of shifting to 6th gen development compared to service aircraft that lives depend on.

2 Likes

It really depends on how good R-37M is against a defending target so far we have seen kills from 150 miles from jets that are not advanced enough to know a missile has been launched. Typhoon and Rafale do not have that issue they have the sensors and they know when they are launched on.

In game I see it as a Phoenix on steroids which is scary

I’m sure Gaijin is gonna give them a T-50 (Su-57 prototype), but their only other attempt at a 5th gen that I am aware of would be the Mikoyan Project 1.44, which I’m pretty sure falls under the EAP category lol

The (Soviet) Russian Eurofighter is real and it can hurt you



1 Like

Not alone, I still play on old 3050 laptop because I don’t want battleye on my desktop one, it would just trigger with Assetto corsa mods…

Truely a goated anticheat

We love modern anticheat programs, don’t we?

Spoiler

Especially the ones that lock out Linux systems

1 Like

IRIS-T with hardkill capability says what’s up.

Tried it all on the support list haha.

At this point I just don’t want to get a false positive on my account.

Miss EasyAC days.

1 Like

Yeah, ever since Vanguard became a thing I started just avoiding games that require additional anticheat programs.

Absolutely loved getting random bluescreens that turned out to be caused by Vanguard clashing with BattlEye. Definitely wasn’t a pain to figure out what caused those bluescreens…

At least now I can’t get back into Valorant (or even worse, LoL), so that’s a positive!

1 Like

Yep, I mainly use reshaders and other graphinc enchancing stuff for Forza and games like that, the moment you try to launch battleye’s updater it insta blocks you and goes: “erm actually” and that’s that.

Running wt on the potato pc is a bit of a struggle xD, but at 1080p it’s bearable.

1 Like

One my buddies tryna build a pc now and man did not realize how bad prices are now. 9060xt costs over 1000 dollars now when it used to cost less than 500

Spoiler

1 Like

SU-75 (test flights in less than 2 years from now if everything goes as planned)
Mig-1.44

and the PAK DP project is still on going so there might be something there in the furture

The MiG (or Mikoyan Project) 1.44 may or may not be an option, depending on how Gaijin feels

It realistically should be treated like the Su-47, but maybe Gaijin will treat it like the Yak 141 instead to annoy all the people that wanted to see the EAP (and MBB TKF-90) in-game

4 Likes

T-55A is pretty meh at 8.3, however BR compression means there is no other BR for it to be.