Next Major Update - Rumor Roundup & Discussion

I don’t watch many CC’s nowadays TEC, CMM & Ash basically made me stop watching CC now

Think you said you’re doing F-2A?

Older but still relevant

@MiGoon_Fox-3

6 Likes

From my experience a lot of people rely too much on just notching.

It’s important to also use chaff and to do a bit of maneuvering to actually get rid of the radar lock and beat the IOG.

When your opponent has AIM-7Ps or is another F-2A it gets a lot harder to defend though (well, at least from my perspective as the guy that dies to those a lot more than anything else lol).

1 Like

Have they finally fixed the radar on that thing? Last I played it the radar would keep losing track even in perfect conditions leading to the 7M’s just failing to hit anything.

I’ve never had problems with the radar, but I haven’t flown mine a lot yet, mostly used it in test flight and customs lol

Based on how difficult to counter them from my experience, it seems to work fine

I used it to grind out most of Japan’s top tier and during that time the radar would lose lock every second no matter the conditions. You’d lock a guy flying straight at you at 500m and fire your 7M and watch it just go dead off the rail because the radar would lose lock for a split second then re-lock, that would happen over and over again until you stopped locking that target.

Drove me mad trying to use it, I’m not ashamed to say I actually swapped out the 7M’s for bombs and hit bases with it to grind.

1 Like

I feel like that’s just a SARH missile thing, as I’ve had this happen on all kinds of planes

Even had plenty of times where the missiles would straight up go for a different plane lol

@Smin1080p_WT can you comment on what rank we can expect Gen 5 to be when they come to game?

Will rank 10 be added

Yeah it happens with a lot of planes but at the time I had only experienced that issue with the F-2A. But now it seems to be an issue on most planes relying on SARH missiles.

Worst was it happening on the JA37C at the end of the F-16XL event. Was so easy grinding the first few stars with it but then on the 7th star I couldn’t hit a single SARH shot on even the easiest of targets. Remember having an F-5E climbing to meet me and I watched my missile just fly right on past like it had something else better to do.

1 Like

Huh rank 10 the Japanese haven’t even got a domestic rank IX yet lol

Honestly I don’t think Rank 10 is needed yet. There’s still so much space in Rank 9 to put 5th gens into.

1 Like

I’m sitting on like 500k RP of mod bonuses 😆, I think the RP requirements go down when a new rank is added and I’d be sad if my bonuses went away

I remember logging in before and the mods being auto researched after a change Gaijin made and the bonus being automatically applied to some random vehicle I didn’t care about in the TT

SARH missiles just doing whatever they want has been a thing for as long as I’ve been playing.

Some missiles and radars seem to be a bit more prone to that happening, but I can’t tell why that would be and what exactly causes this to happen.

Funnily enough, this phenomenon has gotten me a good amount of kills while using the MiG-25 in NE lol

image

17 Likes

We just got Rank IX 😭 No need for a whole new rank for just 5th gen when it’s at most 3 different 5th gen aircraft in any nation

3 Likes

What being a CM does to a person, youve aged considerably. Smin got some city miles after this job

1 Like

a husband

2 Likes

Hi Smin,

As you may remember last patch you indicated that the Challenger ready rack report would be reviewed by the devs, but it seems plans changed and this didn’t occur.

Therefore, I was wondering if the devs have had a chance to review these reports or if they plan to do so soon?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah for most they’ll end up with an F-35 and that’s it, save for China with the J-20 and J-35 and the US with the F-22 and F-35A/B/C.

Even then just looking at the US as an example there’s plenty of room for all 4 of their 5th gens to go into rank 9, even room for a few more 4.5 gens to help bridge the gap.


(BR’s are just placeholders they mean absolutely nothing)

5 Likes