That’s weird to me, I also read Yefim Gordon’s books and didn’t find any reference to 48 cartridges
MiG-31M in bottom photo
I know, those are UV-3A dispensers, the same ones referenced in the regular MiG-31’s specs list in the screenshot from Gordon’s book. Look at the other spoiler and read under “ESM”
I’m probably more in support of subtrees than you are, but I like this perspective and I especially agree with that last part.
As excited as I am about new nations, even as subtrees, this excitement dies down a lot when Gaijin treat them as convenient places to grab some extra content rather than nations. For example Thailand has a very distinct and interesting history with aviation, but when condensed into just a handful of aircraft in another nations research lines, this just doesn’t come across the way it should.
If you want my detailed opinion on what I think subtrees should be, you can read my suggestion about improving the current system.
I’m ok with subtrees so long as they rework them properly. This is my take on them:
But I also think that if they had the courage to add a nation like Israel that only starts at tier 4, they should have been able to add Hungary, Romania and Czechoslovakia independently.
Agree with this!
And I just added the suggestion to my other reply… Good to know you read it already and thanks for leaving the feedback. You’d be surprised how much just about every reply on that topic helped refine the idea further!
Why do we need any Thailand though
(Though Thailand interestingly is on the better side, as opposed to Benelux and Norway and Finland and Switzerland and Indonesia)
o7 thanks for the discussion!
Might be Alvis. I remember seeing a similar reply of his when the thai VT4 controversy was ongoing.
Because War Thunder is a line up based game with only two modes not needing one and Japan had major gaps.
It was also the only nation allied to Japan during WW2 so it was the best pick before going to nation the only had good relations for part of War Thunder Like they had to.
Sigh, do we really need to have this conversation again ?
The reason why we have Thailand in Japan is because it helps to bulk Japanese air up at top tier imagine Japan without any subs. No Malaysia, no Thailand, no Indonisia Japan would be dead in the water with only F-15’s and the F-2 that it not even a rank IX either nor any CAS. Thailand fills Japan’s CAS issues, Malaysia & Indonesia solves Japan’s rank IX issues, are we now on the same page again ?
Only Malaysia could do the job.
The clutter at rank VII can be replaced by FA-50 and Malaysian Hawk, rank VIII has no problem (If you think, spam a few more F-2s), Albatros and F-84 could be replaced by T-1A, Alpha Jet with the T-1B.
Which leaves only the Alpha Jet upgrade I cannot replace, and the group of zero tanks around 10.7 can stay without a CAS.
I get a few more Japanese vehicles, drop some copy paste clutter, and a sub tree is a sub tree anyway you get your Malaysian skins
What with just the A4 pthahaha.
What are you even on lmao
Oh, I do not need 5 line trees. Especially in air. Who cares about the trillionth F-5 in a tech tree that gives two better missiles per 250K RP.
And yes, with A-4. If it did not have flares I would even replace that too and just keep T-2 / F-1
Bruh
The A-4 really feels like a completely superfluous addition
I could have understood its addition, if it had GBUs/Walleyes or even just Bullpups, but it doesn’t
If you have it, the premium AV-8S is pretty much better in all metrics except for raw CAS load and most people probably would rather have a small load on a good plane, rather than a big load on a bad plane
Honestly, the 9.0 Alpha Jet is a better CAS plane than the A-4PTM
Actually, looking at the history of Indonesias Rafales, there wasn’t even a need for Malaysia at all.
Indonesia received their first Rafales in November last year.
Japan could have gotten a better A-4 through Indonesia and both a Su-30MK2 (and/or Su-27SKM) and the Avon Sabre as well.
Just my 5 cents: I’d say JP would need sub-trees anyway even if there was at least 1 Japanese CAS plane at every rank VII-IX. Looking at the situation with upper-rank ground and air suggestions, JP has little really unique designs left to fill them. There are still a handful of lower-rank vehicles to add, but realisticaly, if JP received like 2 unique vehicles (not naval) per update w/out sub-trees, there would be no more unique additions for JP left in like 1.5 years. Otherwise we would get a 10th prototype of Type 16 that has a chair moved 1 inch closer to the left or F-2 with 0.02mm smaller wing span and be it called unique vehicles (/s).
So sub-trees also allow to fill TT in long run, while also giving more room for sub-trees to be represented (like the pace at which JP’s subs are represented is much faster than that of Finland in Swedish TT whose last Finnish vehicle was event CT-CV like a year or 2 ago?)
EDIT: nah, there was a Finnish Hornet, but like c’mon
Yeah without subs Japan would be boring tbh Thailand got CAS and Malaysia & Indonesia got rank IX’s without them Japan would be rough to play
Wish the additions were actually polished enough, like A-4PTM still missing [crucial] things so people would stop labeling things C&P while some things are not really them (just because they have a familiar indexation in the name)
As well as Thai F-16 being wrong, MiG-29N missing AIM-9L/M… and many other vehicles from other sub-trees