Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

Would be best to add Sabras for Israel. I’d love to see a dedicated Turkish sub-tree for Israel but it doesn’t seem possible.

2 Likes

Turkey can stand on it’s own in similar style to Israel

1 Like

Yeah but it’s pretty much 99% C&P of existing designs.

Air? Perhaps.
Ground? Absolutely not.

How so?

Because Turkey has several companies making several classes of vehicles.
I recommend taking a look at this.

2 Likes

Turkey can definitely work from what I have seen. But I’d rather them be some time off than see another Isreal-style tree again so soon over the number of nations that could start at reserve tier.

3 Likes

Completely agree, though I still like to spread awareness

Yeah literally the topic I looked up. It’s the same kind of misery as “Ukrainian” tt suggestion. For Ukraine it’s all T-64 and BMP/BTR variants while for Turkey it’s all M60 and Leopard variants.

Suggested vehicles are pretty much 1:1 modernization packages that could be added to their mother tech-trees (Germany, Israel, US etc.)

The only original additions would be Altay and their light tanks in general and the most recent M60 upgrade. Also take into account that some of the vehicles suggested for the tt don’t even exist yet and are purely concepts / technology demonstrators.

It finally let me send the message wow

3 Likes

So despite the majority of the tree being Turkish modifications or designs it somehow isn’t valid? I hardly find that a fair assessment.

Sure, the MBT side of things is (arguably) less unique than the other parts, but I see little issue in a single line of vehicles being “less unique”, especially considering that homogenization of equipment is something that is becoming more and more prevalent in militaries since WW2.
Turkey, unlike many countries, provides it’s own character together with these relatively few “foreign tanks”, which are still Turkish modified.
Whether comparable to other upgrade packages or not hardly matters, they’re still uniquely Turkish and would still play a bit differently.

Unrelated: just cutting potatoes while waiting for these messages to send xd

1 Like

Ya. I was having that problem too. (and still is for some reason)

Zer boxes are gone

No more snowman

1 Like

At least your not loosing SL anymore

2 Likes

What I mean is these vehicles are perfect event / premium material and grinding M60s for 4 tiers (with additional 2 tanks being in another line) wouldn’t be fun at all. Same with Leopard 1 line. That would make it literally worse than Israel in C&P and monotony department.

I think it would be better to add M60 modernizations and light tanks to Israel as a sub-tree since M60s would just fit while light tanks are badly needed. Other good additions would be Altays and SPAAs.

I simply don’t want to deal with another half finished nation that can only keep up with the rest if testbeds and prototypes gets added to the tt. Like it or not but Turkey would need a sub-tree just as much as Israel needs one rn.

That goes for most (if not all) of these new nation suggestions btw.

Am I like the only one who never touched the SL loot boxes ?

Honestly, MBTs can’t be the selling point for many things going forward. For most nations that could come to the game, their strengths lies in everything but the MBTs and mediums. Heck even for some nations in the games they are out of MBTs.

I figure this is as good, time as any time to bring this up.

As part of building a tech tree after talking to people and a mod, we’ve come to the conclusion that:

Unique vehicles are:

• Domestically built (even if it’s someone else design)
  • Modified

Well non-unique/C&P is:

• Unmodified vehicles bought from someone else.
3 Likes

I get what you are saying, but the obvious has to be stated that the tree wouldn’t be added as it is presented. More likely than not the Turkish tree would consist of four lines rather than three, with many of the M60s and some Leopards being left out. It could allow for Gaijin to pick the most unique ones out of the bunch.
Of course, this is wishful thinking, as Gaijin seems to be adding C&P first and unique things after as their recent trend, but it should be considered.
I wouldn’t quite agree that it would be worse than Israel though, at least not in the ground department. Israel would be marginally superior in the aviation department while Turkey would be the superior naval nation. Their ground trees I find are about equal in potential quality.

So many other nations exist with their own variants of Leopard 1 and M60 that could get their stuff used as event vehicles, I see no point in wasting Turkish potential.

A Turkish sub-tree for Israel would be an option, but I personally am more a fan of the Chilean usb-tree idea for Israel, since those two nations have a longer lasting military cooperation and Chile can’t stand on it’s own while having enough uniqueness to warrant a sub-tree.

I see no issue in prototypes being part of trees, even to great extents. Sweden exists after all.
I do understand the notion, just don’t agree with it.

It does make me curious if there are any nations that you are supportive of?

1 Like

Yet for the game, MBTs provide the most diverse gameplay options - Auxiliary vehicles are a huge plus, but most players prioritize MBTs. That is why Japan and Italy are so underrated.

i would specifiy heavily modified, small changes like hungarian leopard 2a4 with a new mg a hardly unique

that not right, we still have a lot unique and even new mbts available