Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion

Makes sense. I wasn’t sure which way round it was just that one got switched out for another.

I’d like the same thing to happen with Scharnhorst. It’s simply unbalanceable right now.

I’m sure it would be a very unpopular decision amongst German players after grinding for it, but its a plague on every other nation, there is no vehicle as broken in the history of the game.

Bruh, Scharnhorst has been ingame since 2021…

If there was any time during which such action would have been appropiate, it would have been back in 2021, 2022, even 2023…

But by late 2024 and nearing 2025, that move would be extremely out of place, IMO, specially when we are already getting counterparts and even stronger ships which would be even more OP without Scharnhorst as a counterpart; such as Mutsu or Amagi, both of which have similar armor and 25 second reloads, but with 410mm guns which have the highest penetration in the game and WAY higher explosive charges.

Only way to move is forward, not backwards! The solution to Leopard 2A6 or F-14A stomping was to implement counterparts for them, not to remove them.

What you are asking is the equivalent of removing Leopard 2A6 way later after its implementation, when T-80BVM and other significantly better counterparts were being already implemented.

1 Like

I did say it was unpopular haha

I know, but its still a plague and needs to just get gone, nothing has equivalent armour, firepower, gun handling, stability, AA, maneuverability, accuracy.

Mutsu and Amagi have excellent guns and reloads but the armour is just about manageable, and remember, they also have poor dispersion.

I have no faith in Gaijin to do this, plus that then sacrifice’s a whole era of naval history for several nations by rushing through it, the only way to balance those ships is to move into KGV equivalents which sacrifices the late WW1 era ships of which several are missing for the smaller nations in-game.

Stuff like QE’s, R’s. Franc carraciolo, Normandie, Dunk and Strasbourg too then become irrelevant when all of them would be perfectly relevant now, but for Scharnhorst.

It’s more like asking the 122B to be removed when everyone else is using stuff like base Leclerc, Cr2, M1A1, T-90A etc. the fact that its been here for years does not make a difference to my opinion personally when it has been allowed to dominate, unrestricted, unchallenged and completely unchecked for years.

F/A-18C basic from finnish comparable to F/A-18C late in 90’s with AN/APG-73 RUG radar for USN

Gaijin could add Finnish F/A-18C with legacy Hornet (AN/APG-73 RUG radar) from USN (F/A-18C late) and Swiss (F/A-18C upgrade 21 or 25) but after legacy Hornet 80’s (AN/APG-65 radar)

Swiss F/A-18C basic limited IR AAM only and no Air-to-Ground Air-to-Ground ordnance

Legacy Hornet 80’s with AN/APG-65 radar, IR AAM AIM-9L & AIM-9M, SARH MRAAM AIM-7M only, 1st gen targeting pod and Air-to-Ground ordnance

Thats intentional, but extremely rare

I have an image gallery of them here.

Technically we had a VLS -armed ship added first - it 's just that the component parts haven’t been merged yet

Gaijin made a big song and dance about the tech tree changes and mass foldering last year and yet they refuse to do it now. Genuinely I think the only top tier vehicle to be foldered since that change was the spike Puma from this current update which even then it should have just been a modification to unlock.

The swiss did uograde their hornets to carry CAS though to what extent im not familiar. Again. If gaijin wanted to milk the F18’s the they cpuld add early models but since the germans need a decent CAS aircraft it makes sense for gaijin to mix the later Swiss upgrade with the furst gen f18 and possibly give it CAS copy paste loadouts from the US.

2a5 and 2a6 were foldered.

Shouldve been the PSO and the 2a5 but i digress

Honestly if they foldered everything that should be foldered some Ranks would literally be reduced to nothing. Sweden would have like 1 plane at one of their ranks if they foldered stuff.

Upgrade? Pretty sure they always were capable, just not used for that purpose, as the Swiss citizens and government decided against using their Hornets for anything but air defense and policing

Iirc export hornets had their CAS avionics removed. Though i may be wrong. Oom may know more about their original models.

Like obviously it should depend on the vehicles but the vast majority of top tier vehicles both air and ground could be foldered without any issue. It’s really bad with helicopters, at some points you have to grind through the exact same helicopter twice to then grind the same thing but with one new rocket pod or a slightly better ATGM

Gaijin did folder the CV9030 with the Strf 9040B, i dont remember if they foldered any Challies. After they announced their plans to folder stuff

Gaijin already decided the first sub tree (hungary) for italy

Sadly, gajin can’t add 3rd sub tree (Portuguese & Spanish) for italy

In the future gaijin add another aircraft from australian and canadian to great britain ?

I don’t know this

Oom, did early export F18’s have their CAS avionics removed or no?

From what I heard the non-NATO/US ally ones had CAS capability removed.

Thats whay i thought. Since the swiss f18 air superiority model weighs less than the CAS upgrade which restored some functionality to the onboard systems. Same with the Finnish F18 though they also couldn’t have bombs due to their treaty with the soviets. Its why they had to use trainer aircraft as Psuedo fighters to get around the limit of fighters they were allowed to have.

The Finnish Hornets were delivered without air to ground capabilities, but later got those back. I am not sure what they did to limit them though.
The Swiss ones were delivered as F-18s instead of F/A-18s initially, but apart from a mention that some hardware was retrofitted I can’t really tell when and to which extent that happened. What we do know for certain is that at no point were their F/A-18s meant to be used for air to ground operations.

Ive been lucky enough to see some pics of early Finnish F18’s and the avionics were just gutted lol. They just had empty compartments