Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

With that logic we’d have over 20 nations in game.
It doesn’t add up with Gaijin’s statement.

1 Like

There’s only one DPRK vehicle and it’s in the Chinese tree: Shenyang F-5.

2 Likes

I don’t know which tho

the MiG-17AS is cuban, that I know

2 Likes

Ahhhh sorry my bad

No worries! There’s so many things in game that it’s very hard to keep track :).

Maybe WW1 vehicles?

I could also see additional vehicle trees like a Submarine tree, idk what else but the current UI seems to be designed like we could have more trees per nation.

Lmao, no

Honestly there’s probably enough dutch naval vessels to do their own naval tree

I would say each nation fully researched(with no extra ground vehicle) provides a 5% to 10% bonus for other trees. For players who grinded two or three out it is already a 15% to 30% flat out RP bonus, which is quite considerable.

Since Air and Ground can’t really go much further into the future in terms of vehicle development it wouldn’t be surprising to see Gaijin go backwards instead. The obvious other way they could expand vehicle types would be submarines, which I’d be very excited about and many people are speculating about already.

In terms of other nations, the Koreas would work well as a Israel-style rank 4+ tree since that would allow them to focus on domestic developments

1 Like

There’s enough (unique and modified) aircraft, ground vehicles and vessels to make a good Benelux tree.

Some say it shouldn’t be a thing, fair enough.
But in theory, it is a functioning and fun concept.

1 Like

What? I wasn’t talking about the % the bonus would give but that fact I think there is about a 50% chance we be getting a new nation this update for the RP bonus coming next update.

1 Like

Both the MiG-15 and MiG-15bis come with North Korean livery as the default.

3 Likes

Yet they have the USSR flag plastered on them.
Because of that is isn’t truly a DPRK vehicle.

1 Like

We still have the many many 4th gen’s left to be added, and the late 4th gen modifications

F-15EX, MiG 35D, Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche 3A

Ect, ect

2025 is likely the earliest we would see a 5th gen fighter

And it will be mind numbing to play
F-35’s, F-22’s, SU-57’s and J-20’s only at the top

Everyone who doesn’t have one, will just have to suck it up

I hope they just wait till 2026-2027 for 5th gen’s
No rush to add them, maybe spend a year on WW1 stuff, and work on filling holes and decompression

PROPER decompression

Im not against it, tbh at this point a good option would be to add operator nation line ups. I.e. if you have the Canadian leopard in the German tree, you can make a line up with the candats. Would solve most on the inevitable complaints about a brenulux tree (did I do that acronym right?)

1 Like

There isn’t an R in Belgium, but I appreciate the effort xd

1 Like

In my defence im an idiot dyslexic

1 Like

This seems like a neat idea but I can’t see Gaijin doing it. Generally if a similar vehicle can exist in a separate tech tree, Gaijin prefers to have it duplicated and you’ve got to grind that separate nation to get it. Plus, how would that even work in the UI?

The nations in War Thunder are treated like “decks” that you draft “cards” (vehicles) out of to make a “hand” (lineup). Allowing players to mix and match pieces from other decks would run contrary to Gaijin’s balancing and economic policies.

But it does sound cool