Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

yeah but seeing as stuff for A-10A is still classified/restricted, I just don’t get it

I’m curious about this, this is from a 1988 SIPRI yearbook, mentions that those 9Ms were delivered, but in a later document (dated in 1993) it says that Sweden was denied sale of 9Ms and instead they went to Germany for the Li upgrade

I’m guessing it’s because it’s still in service with some nations that are friendly with the US.

T-84 for Thai sub-tree?
Seriously, that could be a thing

3 Likes

Maybe it just never got declassified. I’ve been told data on a prototype APDS for the M103 is still classified and that thing has been retired for decades.

It’s also possible they are confusing AIM-9L with AIM-9M, since they whole point of the AIM-Li upgrade was to be an alternative to the AIM-9M which the Americans refused to sell. And if they would refuse to sell to close NATO allies, why would they be sold to countries not part of NATO?

Idk how it works for the US, but German documents automatically declassify after 30 years.

Yep I want it really bad, VT-4 is also an option but ive already seen so many Chinese mains get pissy over it :p

That and I guess we (US) still also technically use it as the T-38

Even as the F-5 itself iirc

Yes we do still use F5s as aggressors so its not completely suprising that some of it is still classified

also says on the SIPRI that the order the US agreed was the order 1982 for the 9L not the 9M order in 1984

so the order sweden got was for 9L(1982 order) not the 9M(1984 Order)
So sweden never had 9M’s only 9L/Li’s

Thank

But are you sure they didn’t get both as this 9L order seems earlier

also this^ from the 1985 yearbook
It’s just all over the place

The amount of suspiciously event denying individuals in the China tech tree fanbase is astonishing.

1 Like

are you still awake mytho?

Maybe it changed as 9M was only available in 83

Yeah

i mean sweden would recieve a 9M equivilant through germany so US could have just put 9M

were there even any exports of 9M? I thought the US kept them for themselves and then the Germans had to come up with some Offbrand 9M

9M was exported