Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

By the time we get gripen E they may have bought it so like 2-3 years of gripen C being the only gripen.

Yep.

Shar FA2 with the better engine should have really good acceleration and a decently strong VIFF. The new engine should also help with one of the biggest weaknesses of the FRS1. Engine temps. The Mk103 engine cooks itself fast, Mk105 takes a lot longer. Will mean it can stay at max thrust a lot longer in a fight

The smaller wings does mean weaker turn performance, but should also mean less drag, so better top speed and acceleration. Though you probably dont want to be turn fighting in it anyway. Thats not its strength

Limited AAMs is a problem, but still gunna have more than many ARH jets, like the Mig-21 crap-heap we are suppose to also be getting. Could be an issue for RB but wont be for SB.

I’ve never had much success with the 30mm ADENs though radar gun sight should help (hopefully the FRS1 will get its missing radar gunsight as well) but im not that worried. Rarely will the FA2 be in a place to use or need them (except when fighting Su-39s)

The key stregnth is the blue vixen radar and so long as AMRAAM arent totally screwed over by multipathing. The FA2 is gunna have teeth. Should be fun and able to get kills even against “better” and “more modern” super-sonic fighters like the F-15. Whenever the FA2s showed up to Red-Flag and other excersises. They kicked ass. Even outperforming many other “better” jets.

(even notably showed up American AWACS by detecting low flying hostile aircraft during “Operation Deny Flight” in Bosnia that the AWAC couldnt detect)

Im not expecting the FA2 to be a meta aircraft, but should be fun, especially in SB. So long as its not over BRed

Whats the advantages of aesa? Please explain like im a barbarian (ground main).

I’m really hoping for early and mid cold war ships and subs.

yeah, it’s a shame how this happens.

1 Like

Uuuhh ahhhhh big bonk stab swish swish ahhhhh

2 Likes

I agree! Affirmative! Attack the D Point!

5 Likes

Very unlikely

Ahh man

You don’t realize this but its actually a good thing.

2 Likes

The short version is just that its better at essentially everything our current radars do and then some.

I’m Generally curious how?

Before I answer, do you play naval?

2 Likes

Yes from time to time. Not very high BRs since I haven’t unlocked them and I’ve heard wait times are unbelievable

It has been illegal to sell the F22 since 1998.

The UK nonetheless was offered the F-22 instead of continuing the Eurofighter programme and did evaluate it. Britain gets offered a lot of American equipment that most nations dont. Like Aim-9Ms, F-117s, F-14s and the F-22.

Spoiler

jPNzSi3

1 Like

F-14s? Not exactly a unique offer to the UK.

No. But I dont recall a huge amount of nations being offered them. (could be wrong though)

That seems to acknowledge the F22 would be the best option, not that it was offered for sale. Besides, any offer would need congressional approval, which is highly unlikely.

1 Like

Several were but its too expensive and specialized for most countries to have actually considered it.

And of course Iran made sure that anyone who wanted one, or any other top of the line equipment was going to have a very hard time getting it.

2 Likes