Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Still needs to be fixed. Screws over everything else with them

Explain? I’m lost

The DA Typhoons have Tornado engines, and thus would, in fact, have downsides.

Would it still perform better than Gripen?

That is irrelevant. If it mattered, then the Typhoon would never be added.

Its relevant for this discussion though which is that Typhoon would have all the benefits from Gripen and Su-27SM without any of the downsides, which is what I alleged. Is it true or not?

Play the Tornado. Now play the Gripen. There’s your answer.

All BOLs are nerfed. Not just those on the Gripen. Tornado F3, Viggen D, Harrier Gr7, F-14B. They are all kinda suffering in the CM department since the nerfs.

The nerfs are totally ahistorical, and Gunjob has got a good report in for them.

3 Likes

That doesn’t answer my question to be fair since a lot of the aerdoynamics has to do with the airframes and not just the engines

Weaker engines mean worse flight performance.

Dont forget to add possible upcoming F-15C.

With BOL that thing will have 840CM

I fully understand that Typhoon DA having worse engines than production ones means a worse flight performance compared to the production ones. But that isn’t my question.

The question is if Typhoon DA would perform better or worse than Gripen C?

The question I have is what time the Eurofighter Tranche 4 drops to the game, tired of the old stuff we have :)

And my point is that the DA Typhoons are worse than production ones, not that they don’t have advantages over the Gripen.

I might make a comparison with F-15C too as well in the near future. Interestingly might become worse of a dogfighter but yeah, a bunch of CMs.

1 Like

In at least three years.

Better, mostly in that it would have more missile. it would also be better in terms of FM, but probably would be 1 maybe 2 BRs higher than the Gripen C

I can agree with that. Typhoon DA still will be an aircraft that’s taking the best of Gripen (and maybe better), and the best of Su-27SM, and not having to deal with the downsides. Currently Su-27SM has downsides though, which makes Typhoon DA addition this patch an unreasonable request.

1 Like

We gonna see GTA 6 pc release before we see modern top dogs in war thunder

Barely.

C models does have different engines that gives better acceleration thanks to new throttle control and if gaijin doesnt include CFT’s then it will be pretty close to current A model.