Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

What’s your fav jet fighter of all time?

The Su-27SM vs the Typhoon DA.1/2/3 is somewhat similar to the Su-27S vs the F-15A. It’s not as large a difference as you’re making it out to be.

Well, I’m not well versed on F-15s hence why I’ll have to do more research, but to my understanding, I believe it was Defyn who said F-15C should be comparable to the flight model of F-15J that we have in-game.

1 Like

Probably Sea harrier or Typhoon

Though the aircraft I miss seeing at airshows the most is the Vulcan

Yes but the thing is current F15J based on A model with slightly increased weight, with upcoming C model things might have change especially in acceleration part.

Typhoon DA seems to be more comparable to Su-35, and not Su-27SM. I don’t know why you’d say its comparable to Typhoon DA when even the Gripen C with fox 3s would do favorably well against Su-27SM. Gripen C and Su-27SM, both equipped with fox 3s would have their own advantages and disadvantages and do comparably well. To equate Su-27SM to Typhoon DA is to equate Typhoon DA with Gripen C.

1. I am talking about for the game, not real life.
  2. No. The Su-35 is significantly better.
  3. I did not say than the Su-27SM is equal to the Typhoon DA.1/2/3.

I am also talking about the game as well. And what specifically about the Su-35 would make it much better in your mind?

You did say this though,

“The Su-27SM vs the Typhoon DA.1/2/3 is somewhat similar to the Su-27S vs the F-15A.”

I consider the Su-27S and F-15A to be relatively competitive with each other and believe that F-15A belong at 12.7 alongside Su-27S, hence how I interpreted your comment about Su-27SM and Typhoon DA.

Better weaponry, better flight performance, better radar, and TVC.

The F-15A is worse than the Su-27S is quite a few ways.
AIM-9Ms are worse than R-73s.
AIM-7Ms are worse than R-27ER/Ts.
It can only carry 8 missiles.
It doesn’t have HMD.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say AIM-9M are worse than R73’s. besides from the amount of G’s it pulls it wouldn’t be as useful as a better IR seeker in a battle.

4 Likes

You might piss off quite a bit of content creators by stating that the F-15A isn’t on the same level as Su-27S lol.

Well, I’ll have to revisit this in a little bit and do more research. Thrust vectoring is nice, but idk how useful it is in air rb. Even Eurofighter pilots were overly critical of F-22’s TVC.

TVC on its own is definitely not what makes it better, but combined with the rest, it does.

But does the Su-35 feature improved engines and flight performance over the Su-27S? That’s what I’m trying to figure out now

The engines give about 2500 lbf of thrust extra each, and the TVC significantly improves its dogfighting abilities.

DA makes little sense. Tranche 1 early Block would be most reasonable. I do not see why DA test beds are brought up time and time again. They all have different configurations and would either be on par with aircraft in game, unusable due to various systems missing or even worse than what we have in game.

Since Eurofigher is not a failed project I’d love if fantasy configurations and prototypes are avoided.
The DA test beds are not needed, likely will not fill any gaps and would possibly only be added in historically inaccurate configurations.

1 Like

And how much more will the Su-35 weigh?

With weaponry and fuel, it’s lighter.

That’s crazy.

I went to a recent airshow with WWII planes

It is best to get used to the IPA. Like the Germans have IPA3,7,8. But the best of them is IPA7. This version will be the best among all Eurofighters of the 2nd tranche of all countries. At least because of the better maneuverability. And since this is an aircraft for the integration of systems and weapons, it could be equipped with nozzles for the EJ-200 of German-Spanish design. He passed all the tests on the stands. And they did not accept it completely because of the not very great need on the part of the military. BUT remembering the Yak-141. He had no OLS, PDF, false thermal targets, radar at all. That is, comparing the installation of existing tips for the EJ200 is the least of the evils that developers could do.

1 Like