Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 3)

Hello @Smin1080p, are there any plans to add weapon systems equivalent to the Pantsir-S1 to nations that face off against Russia? Currently the 95Ya6 has a third, if not more, the launch range more than other SPAA missiles in the game.

3 Likes

maybe we have Part 4 before we have even the blogs xD

I highly doubt that, but we can start arguing to try :P

tbf, we could start the Leopard War agin then we would have a good chance that we end in Part 5 even xD

1 Like

I think that SU-7s are at 9.3 due to their high speed

I don’t play a lot of 9.3, so I either use the Ka-27, or just don’t hit close enough to that BR anymore, but the thing needs help. It’s not fast enough to out run missiles, and can’t really defend itself from much.

smin for the love of god man just release a devblog jesusssssssssss my patience is draining out right now

Even though I knew it was fake from the start, my heart sunk deeply even just by the mere thought that this will happen some day…

I really, really hope War Thunder will last for a good further chunk of years, it has become an integral part of my life; to me, it has ended up becoming more than “just a videogame” :’(

1 Like

I imagine that whenever major updates end, they’ll still leave the servers up. There’s already so much money into it, pulling the plug on the game entirely would effectively end Gaijin as well.

1 Like

Yeah sure let me just release one right now! /s

Not how it works im afraid :)

21 Likes

The Smin has spoken! While I conveniently forget to look at the rest of the post!

3 Likes

Can we expect something tomorrow? :)

The way I see it, it’s too fast to get intercepted by gun AA that doesn’t have proxy (from memory only sg York has it)

Do it !

Should we exspect something this week, or can we just grind?

do it no balls!!! haaaa gotchuuuu

Radar SPAAG can still get it, just not as easily for some. Needs flares man…

Not to sound like a notorious forumer, but the Pantsir is not as all powerful as people make it to be. Its biggest weaknesses are LGBs and Spikes. Also, they are noticeably distracted by objects you are throwing at them. Makes it quite funny when you see them panic firing at your ordinance.

3 Likes

I don’t agree. Maybe it’s a skill issue on my part but I find it nigh impossible to hit a fast going and maneuvering jet with just guns

My main point is that it’s missile, as I stated, has significantly more range than ALL other SPAA, it has so much range that on what feels like most of the maps it can easily kill you before you reach the battlefield even if you do a 180 degree turn immediately after spawning. Additionally it’s lock on is K band which is not detected by a lot of RWRs and I’m fairly certain it’s the fastest SAM